PDA

View Full Version : Video Playback with 71.89 (official)

Pages : [1] 2

Roliath
05-04-05, 10:20 AM
More often then not when I go to play an .avi or any video for that matter my screen get's "blown up" as in the everything gets zoomed in, and I can't see crap. It's kinda hard to explain, but when I get home i'll try to get a screenshot. If you have this problem you know what I mean.

I did not use DC3 pro, because this is on a fresh install. There were no other vga drivers installed previously.

Is this a known bug and is there a fix for it?

Mojoe
05-04-05, 10:49 AM
I have the same problem, and i havent found a way around it yet. I would like to now to how to fix this its really a pain in the a..

Vagrant Zero
05-04-05, 12:15 PM
Holy crap, it's from my vid drivers? I thought I'd download a bad codec or something.

Alright this just goes to help support my '71xxs FWs frak up the 6xxx series FWs' theory. I downloaded the 71.89s, noticed they skyrocketed my temps, uninstalled them, DCed them, re-installed my 65.73s, but now my temps were 10C higher than before. To top it off I keep getting this zoom in bug you've mentioned. Fing 71s.

Pimpdad
05-04-05, 12:17 PM
ditto! I have had the exact same issue and I found that if I close out my open programs (using the ALT-F4 hotkey) the screen goes back to normal. Very weird issue!

Roliath
05-04-05, 03:02 PM
Yeah I get out of it by pressing crtl-alt-delete and bringing up the task manager, and it fixes it..
but has anyone found a way around this problem? I just reinstalled the drivers (the proper way), and I still get this problem.
:confused:

Mojoe
05-06-05, 09:25 AM
A little bump, there must be someone that know how to fix this issue.

SLippe
05-06-05, 10:03 AM
I had the same problem. I've since went to the 76.45 set. When that did happen, I just hit Alt+F4 to close things out until it got back to my desktop. I know of no fixes for it and it has been an issue in the past. I have not had this problem with any of the 75 series drivers, i.e. 76.45.

Dr.Nick
05-06-05, 10:51 AM
I have the same problem but only if I have a game(or anything else 3d) running in the backround. I dont even have to start the videos, just opening the folder with all my flicks causes this. No problems if nothing 3d running in the backround tho....very weird

ldspears
05-06-05, 04:24 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I had a major problem with the Forceware 71.89 video drivers. I tried to view at least a dozen .wma video clips using Windows Media Player 10 and all the video's had little red sparks. I reloaded 67.99 and the .wma videos were perfect.

ldspears
05-06-05, 04:26 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I should have said the Forceware 67.66 and not 67.99. Screwed up.

Muntz
05-07-05, 12:17 AM
I recently started experiencing the same corruption on video playback.

I've narrowed it down to the recent Java JRE updates. Video playback is fine when no Java apps are running (Azureus, the Java control panel, etc) but corrupts if one of them (or an applet on a webpage) is running in the JVM.

I've confirmed this by reverting back to JRE 1.5.0 Update 1 and video playback is fine. Update 2 and Update 3 were recently released, looks like there is a bug..

BTW.. I'm running 76.45, so its not only a problem with 71.89.

Hope this helps..

saturnotaku
05-07-05, 12:21 AM
Figures. Sun blows.

Optimummind
05-07-05, 02:22 AM
I haven't had a problem with all drivers (including the 71.89) once I do this tweak. This is what I did to make playback normal.

Go into regedit and search and delete this entry:

{FFB699E0-306A-11d3-8BD1-00104B6F7516}

You'll find 10 matching entries. Just hit the DELETE key until regedit tells you that there are no more of such an enty. And, that's it! Enjoy

J-Mag
05-09-05, 12:27 PM
Holy crap, it's from my vid drivers? I thought I'd download a bad codec or something.

Alright this just goes to help support my '71xxs FWs frak up the 6xxx series FWs' theory. I downloaded the 71.89s, noticed they skyrocketed my temps, uninstalled them, DCed them, re-installed my 65.73s, but now my temps were 10C higher than before. To top it off I keep getting this zoom in bug you've mentioned. Fing 71s.

I thought it was kinda funny how everyone was complaining about temp problems... And then they said that the 71.89's didnt have the temp issues.

Interesting point: 66.93's actually had the core temp and ambient temp switched, so no matter what driver I update to it always looks like I have a high temp... So instead of my 6800GT's idling at 38-42C it now idles at 56-60C.

I am curious though, what application are you guys using for this video prob? I have seen no issues on WM9, Win DVD, Zoom PLayer, DivX, all good for me... (cept every now and then When I have a video screen directly behind a webpage, i can sometimes start to see the actual video show through dark portions aon a JPG (actually it could be PNG's for all i know and i think PNG's have a clear pixel option, so maybe thats whats going on...)

jaws
05-09-05, 05:56 PM
I have had same problem on 76.44 :(

Uken
05-10-05, 09:12 AM
This problem cause by Java application, just go to cotrol panel, open the java control panel ..go to the advance option and click "Do not start console" under java console :) ..one more thing un-tag the option under Miscellaneous. Hope These Help :)

vX
05-10-05, 10:40 AM
I had the same problem, went back to the xtreme g 66.77's and all is well again, damn stable drivers. I tried the xtreme, the beta and the official 71.89's, they all give me this movie playback errors.

SLippe
05-10-05, 03:18 PM
I had the same problem. I've since went to the 76.45 set. When that did happen, I just hit Alt+F4 to close things out until it got back to my desktop. I know of no fixes for it and it has been an issue in the past. I have not had this problem with any of the 75 series drivers, i.e. 76.45.

Just got the same problem with the 76.45 set. I'm now back to the official 71.89 set. At first the videos didn't play at all, black screen with sound only. After several attempts, I shutdown IE and that is when it hit. I tried taking a screenshot, but it actually captured IE normally! WTF? Anyways, I'll see how these go for awhile, may have to go back further than this set even. Blah!

Vagrant Zero
05-10-05, 05:04 PM
Just got the same problem with the 76.45 set. I'm now back to the official 71.89 set. At first the videos didn't play at all, black screen with sound only. After several attempts, I shutdown IE and that is when it hit. I tried taking a screenshot, but it actually captured IE normally! WTF? Anyways, I'll see how these go for awhile, may have to go back further than this set even. Blah!

It captured IE normally because the screen is still at 1600x1200 [or whatever you were running it at]. Try moving the mouse when it's zoomed in. You'll notice the mouse isn't coressponding to what's displayed on the screen but to what WAS displayed on the screen before the zoom-bug. Weird ****. I'm gonna try the 76.45s now. I just hit 120C on my 65.73s. Absolutely ****ing ridiculous, my temps never used to hit 90C and that was at 430/1200. The card's at stock now.

And for the person asking about the media player I was using, it was winamp. Though sometimes this bugs happens just from vieing video thumbnails from explorerer.

SLippe
05-10-05, 05:13 PM
This problem cause by Java application, just go to cotrol panel, open the java control panel ..go to the advance option and click "Do not start console" under java console :) ..one more thing un-tag the option under Miscellaneous. Hope This Help :)

I've now done this, thanks. Is this really a problem solver?

Vagrant Zero
05-10-05, 05:50 PM
I've now done this, thanks. Is this really a problem solver?

I just got the 76.45s and I did the java disabling thing. No problems so far, my temps are about 10c lower as well.

SLippe
05-10-05, 07:50 PM
I just got the 76.45s and I did the java disabling thing. No problems so far, my temps are about 10c lower as well.
Well, crap, wondering if I should go back to the 76.45 set since I've messed with the Java settings. Hmmmm... :confused:

Pimpdad
05-10-05, 09:43 PM
I had the same problem, uninstalling Update 2 to java 1.5 fixed it for me.

CaptNKILL
05-10-05, 10:57 PM
Heh... I think Ive had this since i got my 6800 in June last year.

SLippe
05-11-05, 12:10 AM
I had the same problem, uninstalling Update 2 to java 1.5 fixed it for me.

I had it before I updated, which btw was just today.