PDA

View Full Version : Anyone played Dynasty Warriors for PSP?

vX
05-04-05, 07:13 PM
I'm getting a new psp game tomorrow after school and I was thinking about Dynasty Warriors, I owned part 2 briefly and enjoyed it for what it was (mindless hack n slash) I haven't touched much else from the series, so basically, the one for PSP will be fresh to me. I read a few reviews and it seems the underline theme is the lack of change throughout the series maturity. Since I haven't really touched much from the series, it would all be pretty much new to me. So my question is, has anyone owned this or owns it? Whatcha think about it? I heard there are a few framerate issues, is it constant or just in certain spots? I can deal with a few spots but not throughout the game. :thumbdwn: Thats my main concern. It's either this or ridge racer....i've gotten pretty bored with wipeout, waiting for sony to release some new maps, the games fun but really needs more maps. 8 just isn't enough and the bonus 4 old skool levels really blow.

GamerGuyX
05-04-05, 07:28 PM
Yes I have Dynasty Warriors for PSP. It was the first game I got for my PSP. Really, I'm not the right guy to give advice on whether you should get it or not. To be honest, I am a huge fan of the Dynasty Warriors series. I own every game in the series on every system a Dynasty Warriors game came out on. Obviously, I love the PSP version. Its most like Dynasty Warriors 4 but with the levels and areas broken into parts.

vX
05-04-05, 07:32 PM
but what about the slowdown? Does it stutter alot or bog down?

GamerGuyX
05-04-05, 08:41 PM
but what about the slowdown? Does it stutter alot or bog down?

Every version of Dynasty Warriors has slowdown no matter if you get it for Xbox, PS2, or PSP. The funny thing is, I actually like the slowdown that occurs in the Dynasty Warriors games. The slowdown that occurs is not so much of "stuttering" but more of a "slow motion" technique that occurs during big battles that, in turn, helps you get your barings on the situation.

vX
05-04-05, 09:58 PM
fair enough, think i'll pick this up tomorrow.

GamerGuyX
05-04-05, 10:04 PM
fair enough, think i'll pick this up tomorrow.

I must remind you though, buy Dynasty Warriors for what it is (a basic hack n' slash). Don't go into the purchase thinking it will "revolutionize" the way you play games.

wiregen
05-05-05, 12:20 PM
I bought it, it gets repetitive but it passes time at work :D

vX
05-08-05, 01:59 PM
well I bought it 2 or 3 days ago, not bad, I like it. Probably the funnest game for psp so far. I can see it becoming repetitive, but I was expecting that. Between this and nba street showdown, whoo...i'm having a blast. Amazing, what this little hand-held can do.