PDA

View Full Version : Who's your favorite FPS developer?

Pages : [1] 2 3

vX
05-04-05, 06:27 PM
So who's your favorite developer? Which wows you with every release. Which n00b gained all your respect? Which old dog still has your heart? Which one can you not live without. Give a votin' and tell us who you love and why. ( If you voted other tell us who, sorry if I missed some developers, i'm only allowed 10 lines) :D

I voted for Epic Games - Pretty much the reason I got into pc gaming. I was a console boy up till the days of nintendo64 and then I saw a little game called Unreal Tournament, I'm still hooked to this day. Best damn game i've ever played. Let me rephrase that, funnest game i've ever played. There's not really much of a storyline, and in the newer releases, not much strategy either, but I love it. Most complained that Unreal Tournament 2003 was mediocre at best, but I ate it up. The user made maps and skins made it worth my time, and the graphics still look awesome. Unreal Tournament 2004 really blew me away :eek: Onslaught is online crack, assualt is a blast, and instagib ctf/deathmatch is always fun. Time to load one up...for my homies. :cool: ::Spills game case with booklets instead of liquor::: Yea that was corny..lol

Vagrant Zero
05-04-05, 07:37 PM
ID, not so much for their games anymore but for the fact that they power just about every other kickass game I've played.

SH64
05-04-05, 08:03 PM
Hard to name one , but generally i like id's games because they usually revolutionize graphics with each game released.
Valve & Crytek are not far behind though .. they take the 2nd & 3rd place respectively in my list.

superklye
05-04-05, 09:00 PM
VALVe

GlowStick
05-04-05, 09:00 PM
I still love iD, but Croteam just beats them for the funness factor.

Quake I is still probly the best game iD ever made, it just went downhill after that.

However Croteam is new kid on the block who can get a product to market in a reasonble amount of time with a reasonble price.

1337_Like_ThaT
05-04-05, 09:07 PM
Sorry but gotta give it up to Valve, CS has been part of my life for many many years...

OWA
05-04-05, 09:21 PM
Voted for Id since they make one of my favorite games and I also like that they use opengl.

Epic was a close 2nd though. I think they give you the most bang for your buck. I also like the way they usually remove the need to have the CD in the drive after the game has been out a while.

aaahhh52
05-04-05, 09:33 PM
Westwood got me into the FPS scene with CnC renegade, Novalogic got me hooked on FPS gaming forever with Black Hawk Down, i voted other

Vagrant Zero
05-04-05, 09:42 PM
Who wants to bet that the two people who voted for EA will never admit it? :p

jAkUp
05-04-05, 09:50 PM
Gonna have to go with id software. John Carmack is a god to me.

Epic and Sweeny are not far behind though :D

NAZCA M12
05-04-05, 09:53 PM
Obviously the late LGS is my choice. I appreciated their aggresive, risky approach. Of course they made mistakes too, but that studio gave us some truly inspired/revolutionary games.

SH64
05-04-05, 09:55 PM
Obviously the late LGS is my choice. I appreciated their aggresive, risky approach. Of course they made mistakes too, but that studio gave us some truly inspired/revolutionary games.

Typical choice for a master thief :D

NAZCA M12
05-04-05, 10:17 PM
Typical choice for a master thief :D

Nope :D I was actually thinking of Terra Nova and the first SS. Those games were quite radical imo compared to what was available back then and i loved that. Oh and the Stygian Abyss too (but that was under the "Blue sky productions" name before they changed it to LGT and then into LGS). Thief came much later but it was one of the same: different :D

Seoulstriker
05-04-05, 10:25 PM
I would have voted for Bungie based on the Myth and Marathon series, but now that they've become assimilated...

superklye
05-04-05, 10:46 PM
Oh man! I totally forgot about the Myth games. Those rocked!

InqWoN1776
05-04-05, 10:53 PM
I voted Id but it was hard to choose one. I think epic, id and valve are all top tier. I also love infinity ward and for a relatively newer company they have done well.

zoomy942
05-04-05, 11:33 PM
gotta vote Croteam. never has a FPS been so bright and vibrant! and the games are really entertaining

Bottle
05-05-05, 04:18 AM
Bohemia Interactive - Operation Flashpoint

Superfly
05-05-05, 05:11 AM
ID - Jonnie deserves a knighthood!!!!!

BioHazZarD
05-05-05, 05:27 AM
ID Software creators of Doom need i say more :P

Muppet
05-05-05, 05:28 AM
Epic for me :)

Gaco
05-05-05, 05:38 AM
LGS and Ionstorm. System Shock 2 and Deus Ex games stand for me as one of the greatest gameexperiences ever, together with Half-Life and Half-Life 2 (VALVe) :)

Shiny and Planet Moon Studios also gave me some truly unique experiences with respectively Sacrifice and Giants: Citizen Kabuto :thumbsup:

Ofcause I could go on and on with all the other truly amazing games and studios, but this sums up some of the most important games for me. I ended up voting VALVe because of Half-Life 1. I'll never forget that...

Lfctony
05-05-05, 06:44 AM
Definitely Raven. I think no one comes even close to them. :)

Acid Rain
05-05-05, 08:03 AM
Gonna have to go with id software. John Carmack is a god to me.

Epic and Sweeny are not far behind though :DSame here, about both id and Epic.

The guys are true 3D graphics phreaks. Oh, and being solid and honest in business is a plus, too. These guys are the bomb.

I like Crytek too, they just haven't built up the reputation all the way yet. I am sure they will. Valve, on the other hand, seems a bit flaky in comparison. I geuss we'll see what their HDR patch has to say about that...

Ninjaman09
05-05-05, 08:28 AM
You didn't mention Raven. In my opinion they make the best FPS games.