PDA

View Full Version : 2 Days to Vegas... Not really next gen

jAkUp
05-04-05, 09:58 PM
I can only confirm that the game is in development on PC and that I am extremely pleased with the progress of the title so far. I'm sure it will raise a few eyebrows with its technological and game play elements and we're quite happy with the way it looks too! Unfortunately, some of the images that are displayed on the website are our internal benchmark graphics and were not actually meant to go live, although I can say that they are a very fair representation of our current standard and what could be the minimum final quality. The title is definitely being developed for PC on our new belief engine, however we are also a console developer and the next generation hardware is very interesting.

MINIMUM final quality??!! Holy crap! Can it actually get much better than this??
http://www.steelmonkeys.com/eng/projects/projects_item_6_4.html

einstein_314
05-04-05, 10:00 PM
Wow. If that's the minimum quality, that would be amazing. But I'm still convinced those pics are prerendered.

SH64
05-04-05, 10:02 PM
I'll still take that with a grain of salt .. until i see some better proof like in-game videos or something.

BTW Jak .. that link directs only to the screenshots , whats the source for that quote :confused:

jAkUp
05-04-05, 10:08 PM
Oh.. sorry.. here is where I found it
http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1859

SH64
05-04-05, 10:14 PM
Thanks ;)

i've shown some of these shots to my Sony fanbois friends & they were stunned .. i guess its time to tell them that this game is mainly in development for PC .. if that whole screenshots thing is true anyway.

CaptNKILL
05-04-05, 11:14 PM
I think by minimum quality he meant that the game isnt going to look any worse at release than those shots. As in, they are only going to add more, not take away.

I really doubt they meant that those were minimum quality settings ;)

jAkUp
05-04-05, 11:19 PM
Whoops, I think I worded it kinda wrong. I understand that the screenshots are not minimum quality. I was stunned that they said they are shooting for that quality of graphics at a minimum for the retail game. Stunning.

I have an odd feeling they will not deliever though... those just look a little too good...

-=DVS=-
05-04-05, 11:26 PM
:eek: even if game is crap ill buy this for eye candy.

CaptNKILL
05-04-05, 11:36 PM
Whoops, I think I worded it kinda wrong. I understand that the screenshots are not minimum quality. I was stunned that they said they are shooting for that quality of graphics at a minimum for the retail game. Stunning.

I have an odd feeling they will not deliever though... those just look a little too good...
I agree... looks fantastic, but after really looking closely, I just dont see how its going to be possible. The shadows are practically perfect. They are sharper the closer they are to the obect, and they get blurry as they get farther away... Ive used 3d rendering programs that didnt even have that, and those would render 1 frame per minute on a decent computer ;)

If they pull off those graphics with decent frame rates (minimum 25fps all the time) on a high end computer, I will be very impressed.