PDA

View Full Version : Leadtek 6800GT slowdown in portrait mode

ob3er
05-05-05, 10:48 AM
Greetings.

About a week ago, I purchased a Leadtek 6800GT PCI-E Dual-DVI video card. I am using it with an ASUS P5AD2-E motherboard and two 19" DVI LCDs. The 2-D video performance is excellent EXCEPT when I rotate one of the LCD screens to operate portrait display.

I have a 19" LCD that shows 1280 x 1024 pixels in landscape mode. Video performance is excellent in this mode. However, when I rotate the display to 1024 x 1280 (portrait), the two-dimensional performance decreases dramatically. (I have not tested three-dimensional performance when rotated.) For example, when displaying the "visualizations" in Windows Media Player, the visualizations are jerky and not smooth when the screen is rotated to 1024 x 1280. (But the visualizations are perfectly smooth when in 1280 x 1024 mode.) Dropping down menus even looks even slower… dragging windows, everything… on the portrait monitor in 2-D stinks.

I am running the latest version of the nVidia driver software from nVidia, recently reformatted my hard drive, reinstalled Windows XP SP2 and applied all available updates.

Is there any way I can correct this slow 2-D performance when in portrait display? Has this difficulty been reported by anyone before?

saturnotaku
05-05-05, 10:51 AM
Might be a driver thing. Have you tried other sets? www.laptopvideo2go.com has just about every single driver released in the last year available for download. The site owner even modified the .inf files to have them work with any card.