PDA

View Full Version : Stolen patch v887

SH64
05-05-05, 06:00 PM
I guess all Stolen players should try this patch & see how thier performance improve .

Fixes:

* Frame rate improvements
* Security camera LED lag fix
* Character shadow glitch on GeForce fix

however :
Note that the patch is not save-game compatible with the original game.

the patch is ... 1MB ! (no kidding)
http://www.3dgamers.com/games/stolen/downloads/
http://www.worthdownloading.com/game.php?gid=889

ATI_Dude
05-05-05, 08:18 PM
It makes the game playable using the 7x.xx drivers, but performance is still horrible considering the rather bland graphics.

Optimummind
05-06-05, 04:05 AM
It makes the game playable using the 7x.xx drivers, but performance is still horrible considering the rather bland graphics.

I'm having the opposite experience of yours then because I play at 12x10 with 4xAA and 8xAF and the game runs very smoothly with the 76.44 drivers. I don't even get the mouse lag in the game title screen that some people are experiencing. :)

ATI_Dude
05-06-05, 06:20 AM
I'm having the opposite experience of yours then because I play at 12x10 with 4xAA and 8xAF and the game runs very smoothly with the 76.44 drivers. I don't even get the mouse lag in the game title screen that some people are experiencing. :)

Performance still isn't acceptable considering the dated visuals. Also the game doesn't support AA (jaggies galore even with AA forced in the NV CP). you should try Fraps and take a note of the actual frame rate. At 1280x1024 it is below 30 most of the time.

Optimummind
05-06-05, 01:00 PM
Performance still isn't acceptable considering the dated visuals. Also the game doesn't support AA (jaggies galore even with AA forced in the NV CP). you should try Fraps and take a note of the actual frame rate. At 1280x1024 it is below 30 most of the time.

Yea, I don't think the AA works. I still see jaggies despite 4x AA being forced on.

I'll post my Fraps results later on. But as far as the smoothness I feel while I'm playing, it feels good for me. No stutters, no lags, no sudden jerkiness when looking or moving around. This is kind of weird because you have a stronger rig than me but I don't seem to experience the same effects as you.

How about for Vampire: TMB v1.2? If you have that game, can you tell me if you feel jerkiness once in a while? I get some when playing at 12x10 with 4xAA and 8xAF in heavily crowded areas.

ATI_Dude
05-07-05, 04:26 AM
How about for Vampire: TMB v1.2? If you have that game, can you tell me if you feel jerkiness once in a while? I get some when playing at 12x10 with 4xAA and 8xAF in heavily crowded areas.

This is a known issue. The game lags in the outdoor hubs no matter if you run the at 640x480 or 1600x1200. Indoors it runs at 100+ FPS most of the time.

SH64
05-07-05, 08:08 AM
This is a known issue. The game lags in the outdoor hubs no matter if you run the at 640x480 or 1600x1200. Indoors it runs at 100+ FPS most of the time.

True.
you can get rid of the slow outdoors performance in VTM:Bloodlines only if you have a very high performamnce CPU.
i used to have ~20-25 avarage fps on my 3.4Ghz P4 , but after i played the game on the AMD 4000+ its completely new experiance .. my avarage fps jumped to ~35-40fps outdoors. now the game is smooth to me indoors & outdoors.

ATI_Dude
05-07-05, 05:47 PM
True.
you can get rid of the slow outdoors performance in VTM:Bloodlines only if you have a very high performamnce CPU.
i used to have ~20-25 avarage fps on my 3.4Ghz P4 , but after i played the game on the AMD 4000+ its completely new experiance .. my avarage fps jumped to ~35-40fps outdoors. now the game is smooth to me indoors & outdoors.

A fast cpu definitely helps as do memory. The game requires a page file of at least 1.5 GB as well as 1 GB or more RAM.

Optimummind
05-07-05, 09:06 PM
A fast cpu definitely helps as do memory. The game requires a page file of at least 1.5 GB as well as 1 GB or more RAM.

Yea, I have my Page File at 1.5gb yet the game still stutters in hub areas. Sucks, if Troika were still in business, they may have released a new patch that increases performance. I wish they would act like Blue52, the company that made Stolen. Even after closing down, Blue52 still released a patch for Stolen that increased the framerate. Troika sucks!!

ATI_Dude
05-08-05, 04:44 AM
Yea, I have my Page File at 1.5gb yet the game still stutters in hub areas. Sucks, if Troika were still in business, they may have released a new patch that increases performance. I wish they would act like Blue52, the company that made Stolen. Even after closing down, Blue52 still released a patch for Stolen that increased the framerate. Troika sucks!!

I agree. If you compare Bloolines to Halflife 2 it is pretty obvious that the game is very poorly optimized.