PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 2: Hands-On

Pages : [1] 2

jAkUp
05-05-05, 06:22 PM
Let me start by saying that BF2 was probably the best FPS I've ever played, and it will definitely be the FPS of the year, if not the game of the year. Battlefield 2 has a different feel than the previous franchise titles. Everything just flows much better; tanks drive smoother, transitioning from vehicle to ground is seamless, even jumping in the water and swimming is less cumbersome. The game feels more intense. From what I've read a lot of people have been skeptical of the commander mode with its directed artillery, but let me be the first to say it's unbelievable! Wait until you experience your first infantry on infantry battle in the midst of a deafening arty barrage. Shells scream in and produce resounding explosions, spraying rocks and debris high into the air. Artillery is also fortunately much more effective, and if you target your attack well you can really reduce the enemy force quite substantially.

http://www.totalbf2.com/news/cutlasspreview.php

Roliath
05-05-05, 07:33 PM
I've been waiting for this game for awhile now! Upgraded my rig mainly to play some of the newest games that are coming this year (F.E.A.R., S.T.A.L.K.E.R., and BF2)

What's the expected release date?

six_storm
05-05-05, 08:16 PM
It's supposed to release in June, late June I think.

DaveW
05-05-05, 08:22 PM
June 22nd

MustangSVT
05-06-05, 08:16 AM
Let's see, BF1942 is my favorite game of all time. I also loved BFV a lot. I upgraded my rig to play Doom 3 and BF2 with no problems back in September. I think I will completely love this game..

The bad part is that BF2 comes out on June 28th. That's the same day I'm gonna be on an airplane to go to Europe for a month. The vacation will be awesome, but I hate how I won't be able to play BF2 until like almost August. :thumbdwn:

ENU291
05-06-05, 08:24 AM
June 22nd
You can bet on that date being pushed back. I don't even know why developers put release dates out anymore. They never meet them.

Superfly
05-06-05, 08:36 AM
cant wait.

i hope its everything that joint opps was'nt - and then some.

six_storm
05-06-05, 08:56 AM
Yeah, I really didn't like BF1942 because it was too simple and the graphics really sucked. I still have it and I won't play it lol. I hope BF2 lives up to its hype.

Superfly
05-06-05, 09:06 AM
nah - its all looking good to me.

talk about nit-picking.

DMA
05-06-05, 09:06 AM
I just saw a new movie of BF2 and it looks sweet. :)
http://www.fz.se/filarkiv/?file=mov/battlefield_2/bf2pcgameplay.rar

112 MB and 9 mins of action. I think it was included in the latest "PC Gameplay" magazine. The sound effects are just awesome.

No hanging at the beach this summer i guess.. :p

CaptNKILL
05-06-05, 10:15 AM
Wow this is sounding fan-freaking-tastic :)

I cant wait! That preview really told me everything I needed to know gameplay wise. I just hope that my system will be powerful enough to run it smoothly after I upgrade my CPU\motherboard.

Muppet
05-06-05, 10:22 AM
I too have been waiting for this game for a long time :D
BRING IT ON :eek:

Superfly
05-06-05, 10:24 AM
yup - bring it!!!!!!!1

ericdrum
05-06-05, 11:28 AM
This game is going to be phenomenal. Enough people who I trust have played it and loved it. That dutch video is pretty sweet.

Blade
05-06-05, 11:36 AM
Yeah, I really didn't like BF1942 because it was too simple and the graphics really sucked. I still have it and I won't play it lol. I hope BF2 lives up to its hype.

1600x1200 4xAA & 8xAS @ 100fps & you think the graphics look sucky! Are you on drugs?

Roliath
05-06-05, 11:41 AM
I just saw a new movie of BF2 and it looks sweet. :)
http://www.fz.se/filarkiv/?file=mov/battlefield_2/bf2pcgameplay.rar

112 MB and 9 mins of action. I think it was included in the latest "PC Gameplay" magazine. The sound effects are just awesome.

No hanging at the beach this summer i guess.. :p
OMG that video is :eek:
I cannot wait! Any body know where I can get other videos of BF2 to hold me over for awhile? thanks

UDawg
05-06-05, 11:47 AM

Your on crack and probably a bad person for not liking BF1942.

:D

Blade
05-06-05, 12:07 PM
Your on crack and probably a bad person for not liking BF1942.

:D

Thought we were talkin graphics not game, who said game? ;)

six_storm
05-06-05, 01:07 PM
I'm sorry, but BF1942 is no FarCry, Half Life 2 or Doom 3 in graphics. As I've said a hundred times, I'm a graphics wh0re. :D Battlefield 2 LOOKS a whole lot better than BF1942 plays. Can't wait for BF2!

Superfly
05-06-05, 01:12 PM
just finished watchin that vid - man it looks like the best parts of Joint Opps, Black Hawk Down and the Battlefield series rolled into one!!!!

^^ im getting hyped now and its all YOUR fault.

mk

jAkUp
05-06-05, 01:33 PM
The graphics in the original Battlefield are horrid.

Theres a reason the game runs at 100fps at 4xaa/16xaf. The simple geometry and low quality textures are the reason.

UDawg
05-06-05, 02:07 PM
Thought we were talkin graphics not game, who said game? ;)
Ready the post I quoted again. ;)

I'm sorry, but BF1942 is no FarCry, Half Life 2 or Doom 3 in graphics. As I've said a hundred times, I'm a graphics wh0re.
Of course BF1942 isn't on the same level as FC HL2 and D3, it is a generation OLDER! It is like saying I don't like apples becuase they don't have the citrus taste... well then eat a orange. LOL!
Theres a reason the game runs at 100fps at 4xaa/16xaf. The simple geometry and low quality textures are the reason.
Very true, it wasn't the best looking game. It just had great game play.

six_storm
05-06-05, 04:51 PM
Of course BF1942 isn't on the same level as FC HL2 and D3, it is a generation OLDER! It is like saying I don't like apples becuase they don't have the citrus taste... well then eat a orange. LOL! Very true, it wasn't the best looking game. It just had great game play.

Well, duh, I knew that lol. It looks pretty bad in todays times. As far as the "Fun Factor", the gameplay isn't all that great as many people make it out to be. I'd rather play the unfinished Counter Strike Source :D

stncttr908
05-06-05, 05:11 PM
I'll trust a site other than "totalbf2.com" to do a review/preview before I make my decision about this game. What else would a fansite say?

"Uh, I playeds BF2 and it sucked, guys. I'm closing the site now. Later."

Fuku2
05-06-05, 05:53 PM
I liked Battlefield 1942 graphics when the game came out. I still don't mind them. Sure they get old but I still like the gameplay alright. Since they are making Battlefield 2 it should satisfy me more in the graphics department but even more in the gameplay part.

I switched to Joint Operations and Battlefield Vietnam but BF2 looks like it will take most of my multiplayer game time now.

Now, the old Counterstrike looks like poo and I still don't like the Source version much either since I get bored of the gameplay style easily.

All the released games have something I like but some stuff I dislike. It looks like BF 2 will take some of the things I like from each game and put it into one game. I'm sure things will be lacking but no one can ask for perfection since everyone has a different opinion.

It seems EA is giving Dice some time to release a decent product since they know it will sell well and people will wait some time for it.

Yes I am hyped for this game but I am ok waiting for it too...unless they decide to postpone it until next year or something. Then I will explode.