PDA

View Full Version : Need Suggestion: Best Socket A for OC'ing

joltcola
05-06-05, 06:25 PM
I'm looking at the Abit NF7 strongly as it has shown to be a strong overclock'er in the past. I'm also looking at a few others as I've read quite a few reviews on various motherboards known for their oc'ing skills.

I'd like to know what you all think. I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy this used as i'm trying to spend as little as possible.

Thanks guys!

-- jolt

Pandora's Box
05-06-05, 06:27 PM
athlon xp mobile chips are the best socket A chips for overclocking. 2.4GHz is easy on them. as long as you have good ram (pc3200 or better your good to go)

ricercar
05-06-05, 06:34 PM
I've seen great OC with Abit NF7, and ASUS A7N8X Deluxe. The newer A7N8X-E Deluxe (and VM/400) actually didn't serve me as well for OC. YMMV.

The Mobile 2500+ seem to be the sweet spot for OC bang for buck.

CaptNKILL
05-06-05, 09:48 PM
Mobile 2600+ usually gets the best clocks as far as I know... www.overclockers.com has a database for stuff like that. Check it out, its very informative.

EDIT: BTW, try to get an Abit NF7-S 2.0. They have soundstorm audio onboard and are arguably the best Socket A board you can buy. NF7 is good... but the S 2.0 is great :)

latinmike
05-07-05, 04:17 AM
I'm looking at the Abit NF7 strongly as it has shown to be a strong overclock'er in the past. I'm also looking at a few others as I've read quite a few reviews on various motherboards known for their oc'ing skills.

I'd like to know what you all think. I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy this used as i'm trying to spend as little as possible.

Thanks guys!

-- jolt
For socket A try the A7N8X-E Deluxe great ocing as you can see by my sig. :cool:
but if your looking for amd 64 try asus socket 939