View Full Version : Installed 6800 gt and have no green color

Capt
05-06-05, 08:19 PM
help please

i have no green color at all
and boot up sceen redish pink

AnimasterZ
05-06-05, 08:32 PM
Is the monitor a lcd or a CRT And is it hooked up through DVI or the analog?

ricercar
05-06-05, 09:05 PM
The first thing I would suspect is a bad CRT monitor.
The second thing is a bad cable.
Only after validating the display and cable would I suspect the video card.

AnimasterZ
05-06-05, 09:12 PM
Same here I'm suspecting that one of the pins is bent on the cable

trenzterra
05-06-05, 09:37 PM
Should be a cable problem. make sure you have plugged it in properly... When i didn't, my screen booted up in a yellowish tone.

jcniest5
05-06-05, 11:46 PM
Cable for sure. Check for any bent pin(s) on the cable connector.

Son Goku
05-07-05, 04:25 AM
Check the cable, but if it looks fine and you just got a card, try taking it back to the store for a card swap...if you can't make this prob go away... I suggest this, as many stores only give one a week or so to return/exchange the card, and if you don't act within the allowed time frame (and it is the new card), exchanging it can be trickier (RMA the thing with the manufacturer, possibly pay shipping charge and insurance if required). Better safe then sorry, if you can get them to cover it on a store gaurentee...

I had the red die on me on a computer I owned about 10 years ago. Replaced the monitor (actually it was under warranty) and it only held for about another month... The video card did in fact have to be replaced...

A monitor might be a culprit (though just changing a gfx card at the precise moment it went, does seem odd, unless a pin got bent or something plugging the monitor in...it's the thing changed). Try putting the old card back in to see if the problem goes away. If it goes away, the culprit is the card, else I'd look at the monitor as has been suggested... Check the reciept to see how much time you have to isolate this, based on the stores refund/exchange policy...