PDA

View Full Version : archive of old forceware?

jimjobob
05-06-05, 09:46 PM
ny one know where i can find all the old forceware drivers? been avoiding updating my drivers for a long time becuase the ones i had were working great for all my games but finally tried and now HDR causes weird problems

ny way tried a couple more recent releases all same problem but i cant find the old ones i was using and i cant find my install disk ny more either :(

so ny one know where i can find old drivers?

Subtestube
05-06-05, 10:01 PM
I believe www.guru3d.com has quite a lot of old ones. Laptopvideo2go.com has heaps too.

PikachuMan
05-06-05, 10:13 PM
Subtestube is right, Guru3d has a huge archive of drivers.
Nvidia's FTP site also has most of the new ones, with release notes and such,
ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/

ricercar
05-06-05, 10:15 PM
NVIDIA still has all their drivers available that were released since 2001.

ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/

EDIT: too slow.

jimjobob
05-06-05, 10:16 PM
thanks for the help now i just got to figure out what one i was using found 61.76 on pny site already and tried those hdr working properly again and seams to be working with fsaa too but it says its using 2x render path now instead of 3x so now i just got to find the one i was using before

PikachuMan
05-07-05, 01:01 AM
thanks for the help now i just got to figure out what one i was using found 61.76 on pny site already and tried those hdr working properly again and seams to be working with fsaa too but it says its using 2x render path now instead of 3x so now i just got to find the one i was using before

The 61.77 were the first to add Direct X 9.0c support (and therefore bring in Shader model 3 support), so I really wouldn't use the 61.76 drivers.

As for that whole HDR issue, did you make sure the Anti-aliasing was turned OFF in both the Control panel and in-game options?

jimjobob
05-07-05, 01:05 AM
yah made sure it was off and still wouldnt work though it works on the .76 drivers and on the drivers i had been using with it turned on

jimjobob
05-07-05, 01:22 AM
thanks the .77s work for both hdr and shadermodel 3.0 and it disables fsaa automatically when hdr is activated

Demanufakture
05-07-05, 03:17 AM
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but nvidia got rid of their beta driver section on nzone.com. The beta drivers are still on their ftp site of course but not the regular website.

wEEt
05-07-05, 09:28 AM
Any idea, why they did that?

Demanufakture
05-07-05, 03:03 PM

No clue here. :confused:

PikachuMan
05-07-05, 03:16 PM

No point in having the 71.84 drivers up there, since they add no new features over the 71.89, and have some glaring bugs. It'll probably come back when the Rel75 series is going towards release.