PDA

View Full Version : SiS 655FX without Fastwrite ?

caldas
05-07-05, 07:21 AM
Hello, I got a system with P43.0 on a Asus P4S800D-X ( Chipset SiS 655FX) but when i installed my 6800GT I saw that Fastwrite was off and I canīt turned on, saw not supported !!!
This chipset do not tuned on Fast-Write?

ps: I have the last drive of Nvidia and SiS, and last Bios too.

simonuk
05-09-05, 08:10 AM
Hello, I got a system with P43.0 on a Asus P4S800D-X ( Chipset SiS 655FX) but when i installed my 6800GT I saw that Fastwrite was off and I canīt turned on, saw not supported !!!
This chipset do not tuned on Fast-Write?

ps: I have the last drive of Nvidia and SiS, and last Bios too.

I know you mentioned your using the latest drivers but I am sure it will help fix your problem if you told us which drivers and operating system you are using. Have you enabled fast writes via your motherboard bios?

caldas
05-09-05, 08:50 AM
I know you mentioned your using the latest drivers but I am sure it will help fix your problem if you told us which drivers and operating system you are using. Have you enabled fast writes via your motherboard bios?

Windows XP SP2
SiS AGP driver is v1.21
but i canīt find the FastWrite in Bios setup.

aZn_plyR
05-09-05, 06:24 PM
some motherboards dont support fastwrites..did ya check onlinr for ur mobo and see if it supports fastwrites? and dont worry.....you get about .5 fps gained from fastwrites :)

caldas
05-09-05, 08:19 PM
In SiS.com sad that chipset 655FX have fast-write : /
But Im do not see it in my BIOS setup :confused:

BeForced
05-09-05, 09:04 PM
In SiS.com sad that chipset 655FX have fast-write : /
But Im do not see it in my BIOS setup :confused:

Make sure you install you install the chipset drivers for your motherboard.

simonuk
05-10-05, 04:53 AM
to be honest I wouldn't worry about not having fast writes, it only gives a tiny performance increase and sometimes makes your pc unstable.