PDA

View Full Version : Zalman Fan On a BFG 6800 gt

Godspell
05-07-05, 06:00 PM
My temps have always been been pretty high so I decided to ditch the BFG fans/heatsink for the Zalman after reading positive reviews here. On the BFG I always got around 70c idleing(Ambient temp 40 or so) which is hotter then some have when fully loaded. After I installed the Zalman I found that the temps did not change at all. I tryed to reinstall it but there was no change. I added more of the thermal paste and tightened all the skrews to all hell but the temps just wont drop!

I also want to ask others out there with Zalman fans if their fan can move a tiny bit even if all skrews are tight. I twist the fan a little bit from the side to side is this normal?

Darkoz
05-07-05, 10:16 PM
There shouldn't be any movement once you've installed the Zalman.
If there is, then it's either not seated properly or the unit is faulty.

aZn_plyR
05-07-05, 10:55 PM
maybe there's something wrong with teh drivers and it is reporting wrong temps and u got a new cooler for nothing!!!! huh!!!!!!

$n][pErMan
05-08-05, 01:30 AM
sounds like your using drivers with the temp bug in them maybe? Sounds high with or without a zalman.

Am_I_Evil
05-08-05, 01:42 AM
could just be bad airflow in his case....maybe it won't go lower than that because that's as low as it can go with his current airflow set-up....

protoNium
05-08-05, 03:36 AM
maybe a driver..