PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean?

newls1
05-08-05, 09:58 AM
What does this mean? When playing HL2 after about 10minutes of play time, the game exits and goes to the desktop (kinda like crashing) :mad: . I get no BSOD, ERROR of any kind, or no sign of it ever coming up. Once this happens I go back in the game and play again, and sometimes it wont happen again. Which part of my system is becoming unstable do you think? My CPU get to 40C at full load, and my GPU's go to 62c at full load, which makes me feel that its not a heat related issue, and yes my system is OC'ed. FX55 @ 2.87GHz, and my GPU's @ 435/1.17.
I know what you all are going to say,"take the OC off, and try it" I just didn't feel up to doing that yet, as I wanted to see if anyone has this issue before and to see if It is something stupid. HL2 is the only game currently installed on this PC, so i can't speak it it does it in anyother games. Also, the PC NEVER locks up when this happens, and the system is 100% stable after that :confused: . My ram is G.Skil PC4400 running @ 261MHz (so it cant be the issue, this ram is not even running @ its max speed yet)

newls1
05-08-05, 02:15 PM
Anyone???

jAkUp
05-08-05, 03:03 PM
Have not seen that issue yet. I know you don't want to hear this, but try running it at stock and see if you have the issues. I had to downclock my P4 system slightly because of HL2. The game is extremely CPU/Memory intensive, so some OC's might seem stable on everything else, except HL2.

newls1
05-08-05, 03:22 PM
Have not seen that issue yet. I know you don't want to hear this, but try running it at stock and see if you have the issues. I had to downclock my P4 system slightly because of HL2. The game is extremely CPU/Memory intensive, so some OC's might seem stable on everything else, except HL2.
Ya, I figured that would be it.