PDA

View Full Version : Best Motherboard You Have Ever Owned?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

jAkUp
05-08-05, 11:31 AM
What is the best motherboard you have ever owned?

For me, I think my current motherboard, DFI nForce4 SLI is, bar none, the best motherboard I have ever used. The vast array of voltage options, no parallel or serial ports (for me thats a good thing ;)) And 6 USB ports in the back... combined to make the best mobo I have ever layed my hands upon...

My Abit IC7-G was also a great motherboard, easily second place. But nowhere near the DFI-SLI :)

Daydre@m
05-08-05, 11:37 AM
My current one is the best I have ever owned , my Asus A8N SLI Deluxe . I really like its features , and I got no compatibility issues . Before that I had a Gigabyte 81G1000Mk which was also very good but not comparable to this one .

ricercar
05-08-05, 11:45 AM
Jakup, did you own a different SLI board before the DFI? (The Asus?)

I'm fond of my Shuttle FN41, the board in my nForce2 SFF. The simplicity of a SFF minimizes variables during hardware hacking experiments. Shuttle's stability is great for OC, plus the integrated WiFi dongle complements the nForce2 feature set to handle everything I've thrown at it.

A close second is my MSI nForce1 K7N420D. This was the first board I had that had everything integrated and Just Worked. Previous to the K7N420D I had had nightmares of IRQ and DMA conflicts with a 486DX100 board under Win95 era. Having NIC/audio/drive controllers/video all configured with an integrated chipset made the K7N420D a stunningly easy build for my jaded experience.

Rytr
05-08-05, 12:19 PM
The most fun I have had with motherboards would be hands-down the Iwill KK266R and another Iwill offering would follow a close second, the XP333R.

Of the current offerings it looks like DFI has a lot going. I have not used the SLi version but for the short time I had one the Ultra D looked promising. I did mod it to SLi but alas, lack of availability of the bridge chip and discontinuing drivers for SLi support caused me to move on.

jAkUp
05-08-05, 12:28 PM
Jakup, did you own a different SLI board before the DFI? (The Asus?)

Yea I had the Asus before I had this one. I was not too fond of it. I could not get good OC's and there were BIOS updates every few days, they should have shipped it with a decent BIOS. Not to mention I didn't like the BIOS layout... I prefer the Award over Phoenix... and it had too much useless things to me.. such as Instant music, and talking BIOS. Gimme voltages and ratios any day of the week.

superklye
05-08-05, 12:50 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and say my NF7-S rev. 2, hands down.

marqmajere
05-08-05, 01:34 PM
A7N8X deluxe. Stable. Overclocked very well. SOUNDSTORM. Just a great mobo.

Riptide
05-08-05, 01:36 PM
Abit BH6 or my ASUS P4PE. Both were excellent motherboards, though getting somewhat old (particularly the former).

newls1
05-08-05, 02:24 PM
I have fun with my MSI NEO4 PLAT SLI. This board have great options, SB live onboard sound, and can OC great. I too had the ASUS A8N-SLI DLX, and the bios was crap, and had the WORST OC ever.....

netviper13
05-08-05, 02:58 PM
That would definitely have to be my Abit NF7-S Rev. 2 board. She's been running strong for over a year and still going great. Plus I absolutely love Soundstorm, and I'm going to miss it when my Asus NF4 SLI board gets in. But then again the upgrade to Athlon64 and a 6800 GT should be worth it.

jAkUp
05-08-05, 03:04 PM
That would definitely have to be my Abit NF7-S Rev. 2 board. She's been running strong for over a year and still going great. Plus I absolutely love Soundstorm, and I'm going to miss it when my Asus NF4 SLI board gets in. But then again the upgrade to Athlon64 and a 6800 GT should be worth it.

Any paticular reason for getting the Asus? I would recommend going with the MSI or the DFI.

netviper13
05-08-05, 03:49 PM
Any paticular reason for getting the Asus? I would recommend going with the MSI or the DFI.

Got a deal on the Asus board + a retail 3500+ Winnie for $325 on the For Sale/Trade forum. Couldn't really pass that up.

newls1
05-08-05, 03:50 PM

I hope you dont plan to OC with it. Not to get you pissed, but if your going to OC with that ASUS, your in for a disapointment.....I know this, I had one... :thumbdwn:

netviper13
05-08-05, 03:52 PM
I hope you dont plan to OC with it. Not to get you pissed, but if your going to OC with that ASUS, your in for a disapointment.....I know this, I had one... :thumbdwn:

Nah I knew that going into the purchase. I'm taking a break from OC'ing for a while, and that combined with the price on the deal I got convinced me to go for it. Plus the Asus board generally turns in the top scores of the boards at stock speeds.

1337_Like_ThaT
05-08-05, 04:49 PM
abit IC7-MAX III hands down :) that's why it has been so hard for me to leave my current setup and move on to SLI. Maybe someday when the Abit Max IV comes out :)

GlowStick
05-08-05, 04:57 PM
Intel D845PEBT2

Rock solid..
All others allways fail on me eventually.

zoomy942
05-08-05, 04:58 PM
the one in my sig.... without a doubt

bknblk
05-08-05, 05:23 PM
The best MB I have ever owned was an Asus model using the BX 440 chipset.

LT.Schaffer
05-08-05, 06:21 PM
Well My Current ABIT "AV8" K8T800 Pro Has Been A Great Motherboard
Also My Previous Motherboard ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe Was Great To

By The Way Happy Mother's Day
Also Happy MotherBoards Day! :D

jAkUp
05-08-05, 06:40 PM
abit IC7-MAX III hands down :) that's why it has been so hard for me to leave my current setup and move on to SLI. Maybe someday when the Abit Max IV comes out :)

Meh, Abit is not the same since Oscar Wu left :(

Strahd
05-09-05, 12:54 PM
In my motherboard wanderings, I have yet to find a MB that I would call the best I have used/owned.

rohit
05-09-05, 01:03 PM
ASUS P4P800-e Deluxe.

BrianG
05-09-05, 01:25 PM
No doubt in my mind - Asus A7N8X Deluxe.

Now, my current mobo with the X-Mystique to get back DDL, pretty sweet combo, but the A7n8X was a phenomonal bundle.

Tr1cK
05-09-05, 02:47 PM
Asus P5AB!!! The baby AT super 7 board that I boosted my K6-2 400 to 504 on. :D

lytalbayre
05-09-05, 03:03 PM
MSI K8T Neo2-F (kt800 pro chipset)

Couldn't say how well it performs next to other systems, but this board is just straight forward. It performed for me exactly what it was spec'd to do.

And when oc'ing, it met every challenge without a hitch.

Other motherboards just too damn flakey... never doing what they say they'll do or what you think they should.

Right now I'm using an A8N-E and I'm pretty unimpressed.