PDA

View Full Version : Performance tweaking in 41.09

DXnfiniteFX
12-12-02, 12:08 AM
OK, I posted this in another thread. However, that one seemed to be dying down and my questions still haven't been answered to some extent. I will repost them with additional pointers here.

There's a new performance section to tweak for us. Can anyone care to do some explaining to me? What exactly does it do? Is the performance gap large? Does setting the option to aggressive mean less image quality? How exactly does it "improve performance" and what does it sacrifice to do so? The help for the setting doesn't explain anything. Maybe it's just the fact that I'm not the most careful guy, but I haven't been able to notice much of a difference in both categories.

What should it be set to? Does ignoring "application requests" cause any stability issues so to speak? How is such a setting related to the mipmap bias, if indeed it is related?

BTW, help also speaks of a 1x option for AF. However, I have not been able to find this option. Can anyone tell me how to set it to 1x? How does it compare with 2x, performance wise and image quality wise?

I am especially curious about stability and image quality with the setting set on anything but application. Anyone got any ideas?

Kruno
12-12-02, 07:39 AM
1x AF is using the most basic of filtering which is bilinear.

StealthHawk
12-13-02, 12:33 AM
they should let us force trilinear :mad: it would help in older games.