PDA

View Full Version : Can't overclock

bonchez
05-09-05, 12:57 AM
I was wondering why I can't overclock my AMD Athlon XP 2800+ with my Asus A7N8X Deluxe motherboard. I just bought a new copper Thermaltake heatsink/fan that supports up to AMD XP 3400+. When I go into the bios and change the frequency it says that the CPU wasn't properly set. I can underclock it to a 2200+ XP and to 1.24GHz. But I just can't overclock, please any advice would be helpful.

bonchez
05-11-05, 06:24 PM
Still can't overclock, help please.

$n][pErMan
05-11-05, 07:01 PM
that CPU will overclock just fine... mine did perfectly. However .. you can only OC it via the FSB as its a locked CPU. For example... its a 333mhz FSB CPU @ 2.08ghz.... I boosted mine to 404FSB and it runs at 2.53ghz :) Im guessing your trying to change the multiplier. Just up the FSB a little bit each time and check for stability. Safest and best way to OC that chip.

latinmike
05-17-05, 01:40 AM
I was wondering why I can't overclock my AMD Athlon XP 2800+ with my Asus A7N8X Deluxe motherboard. I just bought a new copper Thermaltake heatsink/fan that supports up to AMD XP 3400+. When I go into the bios and change the frequency it says that the CPU wasn't properly set. I can underclock it to a 2200+ XP and to 1.24GHz. But I just can't overclock, please any advice would be helpful.

to overclock your gig. try to set your cpu frequeny multipe setting to
(user define)
don,t set the (cpu frequeny multipe)
system performance (user defined)
cpu interface to (optimal)
memory frequeny to at first try 166 MHz. and maybe later to 200 MHz.
memory timings to (user define) and set to at first 2,5-3-3-6 and work from there this and all setting you will have to test because all system and cpu and memory in the most part are not the same and any two pc,s will not work the same find the best settings for your pc. good luck and it will be nice to let me know that if at all this helped you in any way. hate to think that no one will beitfit from this or maybe you can show me something that,s why this form is here for you and me and people looking for a hand good luck :D :cool:

bonchez
05-17-05, 08:49 AM
THanks guys, I figured it out as you can see by my sig.

latinmike
05-20-05, 11:12 PM
THanks guys, I figured it out as you can see by my sig.

if I helped you your welcome, alot of people help me here and if I didn,t say it before KODOS to you all THANKS :cool: :cool: