PDA

View Full Version : 6800GT SLI /w Zalman overclocking?

HKPolice
05-09-05, 02:14 AM
I'm planning on getting this setup on a DFI board, so how far will Dual Zalman VF700-Cu coolers allow the cards to OC to? At what temps?

I also plan to have a 120mm exhaust fan perpendicular to the cards, sucking the hot air from the zalmans out of the case.

I'm shooting for 450Mhz/1.3Ghz with volt mod if necessary and if the Zalmans can handle the heat..?

Thanks

Muppet
05-09-05, 04:02 AM
It's luck of the draw when it comes to overclocking, the same 2 cards can overclock differently.As for the Zalmans you won't be dissapointed

HKPolice
05-09-05, 05:35 AM
Ya, but will the Zalmans be able to handle the heat in a SLI setup? I mean, in some reviews, the VF700Cu is only 3-4C better than stock cooling on a stock 6800Ultra so I assume that max OC won't be much better...

How far were you able to push your Leadteks with their fancy copper coolers?

It's luck of the draw when it comes to overclocking, the same 2 cards can overclock differently.As for the Zalmans you won't be dissapointed

Muppet
05-09-05, 05:57 AM
Ya, but will the Zalmans be able to handle the heat in a SLI setup? I mean, in some reviews, the VF700Cu is only 3-4C better than stock cooling on a stock 6800Ultra so I assume that max OC won't be much better...

How far were you able to push your Leadteks with their fancy copper coolers?
I've had a max overclock on the GPU of 465 and it ran the 3dmark05 program without crashing so the Leadteks are all good in my opinion :D

Muppet
05-09-05, 06:09 AM
I forgot to add that my overclocks might be because i'm running 2 520 OCZ power supplies, gotta love these CM Stacker cases :D