PDA

View Full Version : 2 graphics cards, 2 monitors

mrodwell
05-09-05, 05:34 AM
Can this be done on a Geforce4 MX440....the card blurb says it can support multi monitors so why am i having so much difficulty....the card only has one part on the back though and i think thats a huge issue,....i read some where if you add a nother card you can have multi monitors that way...but i can't seem to get it to work.

Mat

zoomy942
05-09-05, 05:57 AM
you should be able to have more tha one card. i have 2 lcd's at work, and i had 2 cards for a while untl i got a card that had 2 video outs

mrodwell
05-09-05, 06:53 AM
i have a agp card..(geforce4 mx440 128mb) and a PCI card (ATI rage 128)...so i'm sure it should work...only thing i can think of is that they both want to be master...how can i stop the PCI one doing that.

saturnotaku
05-09-05, 06:57 AM
It's generally not a good idea to have an AGP and PCI card from two different manufacturers. Whenever people have an AGP and PCI NVIDIA card, all they need to do to set it up is set their BIOS to have the PCI card boot first. When the drivers are installed, the AGP card will be detected as primary.

You may want to consider getting rid of that MX440 and buying a GeForce4 Ti or 6600. Most all of those cards support dual monitors natively.