PDA

View Full Version : Need Help from the UK

FaZ UK
05-09-05, 01:59 PM
Hi there all,

I have a problem whereby 2 of my games are crashing out since I have recently upgraded to SLI. Counter Strike Source and Dawn Of War

When I run Dawn Of War multiplayer with Sli turned off, it runs fine - but when I run it with it turned on then it crashes by going straight to my desktop

But when I run CSS with either Sli on or off I get either a 'memory could not be read ' or last night I got Blue Screen and Microsoft Online Crash Analysis laying blame with Nvidia Graphics Drivers.

I am currently using drivers 71.89 - Both CPU and 6600GT's remain at stock speed and have not been OC'd by me yet

Other games including Doom3 and SWAT4 run fine in both SLI mode and with it turned off - I can also run Aquamark3, 3dmark03 and 05 without any issues

I have tried changing the driver profiles to the specific game but no improvement

Anyone got any advice? :confused:

My System:

AMD 64 Bit 3200+ Winchester

Altec 550W PSU

Asus A8N SLI Standard

1GB Corsair XMS Pro Gaming Series RAM DDR400 Dual Channel

2 x Gigabyte Geforce 6600 GT Turbo Force Editions PCI Express 128 MB DDRIII mem 515MHz mem 1120MHz (Silent Heat pipe Running )

80GB Hitachi Desktar 7,200 RPM

I have added to cooling with 2 x 80mm Silent Running Coolermaster fans

SH64
05-09-05, 04:57 PM
Hmm i have a similar crashing issues with yours , but in different games.
i got that memory could not be read in FarCry & Doom3 once plus other random crashes to desktop issues in games like Splinter Cell 3.
i wonder if these crashes have anything to do with the SLI setup or not though.

FaZ UK
05-10-05, 12:32 PM
What could it be if not the SLI then?

SH64
05-10-05, 03:50 PM
Well i'm not sure .. i'm still looking for the cause.
in SC3 for exmaple i'm having crashes either in SLI or single mode.. in some other games i get crashes once in a while & sometimes none.

FaZ UK
05-10-05, 07:21 PM
I wonder if it the next driver update that will solve it?

SH64
05-11-05, 03:13 PM
I wouldnet think so because i tried different drivers , though i hope so.
the problem with me is the randomness with those crashes so i cant really tell whats wrong.
if you have a place with constant crashes you may try running on Single GPU mode not just by the drivers , but flipping the mobo switch/jumpers to Single GPU mode & then see if that changes anything.

FaZ UK
05-11-05, 05:37 PM
I have just been reading about the nhancer tool

Have you tried it with any success?

SH64
05-11-05, 05:56 PM
I have just been reading about the nhancer tool

Have you tried it with any success?

I'm using nHancer yes .. but that has nothing to do with the crashes nor fix them.
its just a tool that helps you creat game profiles & SLI profiles plus other cool features which is easier to use than nVIDIA's own Control Panel.

FaZ UK
05-16-05, 05:08 AM
Come on all you NV boffins - only SH64 can offer any light that I am not on my own with this problem - We need your help

my CSS definitely needs your help :afro: