PDA

View Full Version : Memmory Or Video?

RLemmon
05-10-05, 01:55 AM
Hi all I just received my seconed board ABIT Fatal1ty AA8XE with 925XE Chipset and has the P4 550 CPU which is 3.4eGhz and I have the Silent 775 Heatsink Fan but I had boughten the 2x512 PC4200 533Mhz Kingston Ram but I think this is the cause because with the first Fatal1ty board I was on my computer and went to restart it and Boom! no Speaker Beeps and a Post COde of 9.0 and I don't know what to do?

I have tryed taking each stick out and try puting one stick in and boot and nothing then tryed the other and nothing then I tryed each again in a diffrent memmory slot but still nothing so I tryed the other stick and nothing so is it possible that both sticks of ram went kaplooy?

I guess I will try the 667Mhz Ram and see how this goes and run it at 533Mhz I mean I would buy only 533 RAM but I don't want this to happen again although I could try it and see?

I just running out of options I litterley went through 3 boards and 1 cpu but nothing seems to be working for me?

I doubt it has to do with my GF6800U card please tell me it's the ram:(

Thank You for any assitences.

Regards, RLemmon

ViN86
05-10-05, 12:28 PM
ehhh, are those DDRI memory modules? i think that board needs DDRII.......
correct me if im wrong, i dont know jack about DDRII....

andy_nv
05-10-05, 03:04 PM
Yes, the board needs DDR II memory and he has DDR II memory. Seems newer Abit boards are just picky about ram.

You could try resetting the bios (by jumper or take batery out) and try booting with only one stick, set your memory timings manually and put in the second stick after. Also see if you have the latest bios for the board.

RLemmon
05-28-05, 09:02 PM
Yes, the board needs DDR II memory and he has DDR II memory. Seems newer Abit boards are just picky about ram.

You could try resetting the bios (by jumper or take batery out) and try booting with only one stick, set your memory timings manually and put in the second stick after. Also see if you have the latest bios for the board.

I tryed RMA memmory with Kingston and received the new pair but this still did not fix the problem so I RMA PSU and while im waiting I tryed my Antec TruePower 550 Watt 20pin PSU but when connected I get 1 long beep and 3 short beeps and can't figure out what they mean but atleast I am getting beeps now as I wasn't at first hehe....

I beleive ounce I get my PSU replacment thy will work just fine unless my video card is at fault? I duno!

Thank you sll for the replys and I did try all of your alls responces but seems to be PSU isues.

Lemur.fi
05-29-05, 04:26 AM
If that board has an Award BIOS then 1 long and 3 short beeps would mean a video card problem. Have you tried re-plugging the card in? It might have bad contact or something.

RLemmon
05-29-05, 02:08 PM
If that board has an Award BIOS then 1 long and 3 short beeps would mean a video card problem. Have you tried re-plugging the card in? It might have bad contact or something.

Hi there I thank you for the beep code information and yes I tryed that but when the card is pluged in I don't get a beep code but if you unplug the ATX12v 4 Pin cable you get the beep codes but with it pluged in I don't get beeps so I removed the card with the 4 pin pluged in and I get booting codes as well as some beeps telling the bbios there was a viodeo error so I think my video ram is bad so I will RMA it and get back with you all on the problem and I thank you all again for the replys I apreesheate the boards here and grate help.

RLemmon
http://www.nzone.com/props/IO/12695/89/nalu.gif
Get eVGA
eVGA.com