PDA

View Full Version : Windows Media Player

saweetnesstrev
05-10-05, 10:15 PM
On performance options theres High Quality or Hardware Overlays whats better?

WimpMiester
05-11-05, 12:06 PM
Since I upgraded to my PNY 6800GT I noticed some Videos didn't play right in windows media player. When selecting High Quality instead of Overlay all problems went away. There's no difference in quality between the two that I can tell except I no longer have any video problems.

|MaguS|
05-11-05, 12:30 PM
Since this is on the topic of WMP, Anyone know how to enable Hardware Decode Option in the Performace/advance area? Mines greyed out...

saweetnesstrev
05-11-05, 07:39 PM
Since this is on the topic of WMP, Anyone know how to enable Hardware Decode Option in the Performace/advance area? Mines greyed out...

I cant find that option??

SLippe
05-11-05, 08:43 PM
Yeah, mines stuck on Software.

WimpMiester
05-11-05, 09:25 PM
I believe that option is for DVD Playback only and is set by what ever DVD Decoder is installed. That option has always been grayed out for me as far back as I can remember. I use WinDVD and the play back between it and WMP using WinDVD's Decoder is pretty much the same so I don't think the option means much. My guess is that if itís grayed out your system is using DXVA and not direct hardware communication.

SLippe
05-12-05, 12:14 AM
Since I upgraded to my PNY 6800GT I noticed some Videos didn't play right in windows media player. When selecting High Quality instead of Overlay all problems went away. There's no difference in quality between the two that I can tell except I no longer have any video problems.
I tried setting mine to that and videos played like crap! No problems here, just trying it. Back to Overlay for me.

WimpMiester
05-12-05, 09:14 PM
Forgot to mention that the problem I was having with WMP and Video Playback was when playing full screen on a TV the TV would display garbage on some videos and setting High Quality fixed it.