PDA

View Full Version : FIRST screenshots of The Matrix: Path of Neo

Pages : [1] 2

Slyder
05-11-05, 01:54 AM
I couldnt find this posted recently, so sorry if this is a repost.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/129/reviews/926491_20050510_screen002.jpg

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/129/reviews/926491_20050510_screen003.jpg

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/129/reviews/926491_20050510_screen001.jpg

Source : GameSpot (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/thematrixthepathofneo/preview_6124072.html)

:)

Elderblaze
05-11-05, 05:07 AM
Wow, this looks like total crap. Worse then Maxe Payne 1. What a joke.

Subtestube
05-11-05, 06:04 AM
The thing that gets me is that the characters aren't casting shadows. What's with that?

de><ta
05-11-05, 06:11 AM
Its a glitch in the Matrix :p

zoomy942
05-11-05, 07:18 AM
there really are no shadows.

or spoons

Fotis
05-11-05, 07:25 AM
Did you expect anything better from Xbox shots?
Anyway as long as the gameplay is good I don't really care about having the latest shader effects.

Bad_Boy
05-11-05, 07:51 AM
I'll wait for the pc screens on my judgement and pray that its not a direct port.

Edge
05-11-05, 11:36 AM
Did you expect anything better from Xbox shots?
Well, considering we've seen games like Chronicles of Riddick, Doom 3, and Splinter Cell 3 out of the system, I don't see why it's out of the ordinary to expect decent shadows out of recent games.

Still, it doesn't look too bad. The character models and some backgrounds look pretty good, at the very least it's a hell of a lot better than Enter the Matrix and Matrix Online. I just hope those aren't actual in-game screens though, it would probably be a bit difficult to control your character in a fast-paced action game when the camera is so close that your guy is taking up half the screen.

oldsk00l
05-11-05, 11:44 AM
word

I don't think they look "that bad" either.

CaptNKILL
05-11-05, 11:57 AM
Well, I thought they looked pretty good when I first saw them... just because its on a console doesnt mean the graphics are automatically bad. All it needs is character shadows really. The textures are nice, the scenery looks pretty realistic and the characters are very detailed.

I agree with Edge though, those had better be cut scenes or promo shots... I hate games that sacrifice playability just to make the game more dramatic looking.

GlowStick
05-11-05, 12:58 PM
word

I don't think they look "that bad" either.
From xbox eyes im sure, but here we are PC gamers where we have quality! :afro2:

oldsk00l
05-11-05, 01:06 PM
yeah yeah yeah

Quality titles that end up on consoles anyway :D

Ninjaman09
05-11-05, 01:08 PM
Yuck, those graphics are absolute crap. The models look about Half-Life 1 quality and the bloom effects aren't doing anything to help clean those ugly textures up. Plus this game will be T3H SUCK anyway.

oldsk00l
05-11-05, 01:12 PM
Yuck, those graphics are absolute crap. The models look about Half-Life 1 quality and the bloom effects aren't doing anything to help clean those ugly textures up. Plus this game will be T3H SUCK anyway.

Given the track record of the other matrix games, I concur that it will be t3h suck!

Mr. Hunt
05-11-05, 01:22 PM
You people are crazy... the graphics aren't great... but come on... you guys are getting ridiculous... to say it looks worse than half life is beyond stupid.

I think the graphics look pretty good for the Xbox and if the gameplay is good, I don't care.

oldsk00l
05-11-05, 01:25 PM
Given that the last two matrix games were horribly awful, while the graphics might be ok I'm not expecting fireworks outta this title.

Edge
05-11-05, 01:49 PM
Whoa, actually from the sound of it those screens aren't even from the Xbox version of the game, it's apperently running on the PS2 development kit. Not to mention you'd have to be crazy if this quote doesn't impress you:

a parking lot filled with 750 animated Agent Smiths at once -- all of which were running at a smooth framerate and without any of the cool special effects taking a major hit to do so. What really put his demonstration over the top, though, was that he then added a second layer of Smith's to the existing 750 for 1500 total Smiths in all. The framerate still didn't take a hit, each and every one of them were animated, and all of it was running on a PS2 dev kit.

I'm assuming that they're exadurating at least a little, but that's still pretty amazing to think about :) . And the gameplay has the potential to be good...if it's like Shiny's older games anyway. Strange that they screwed up Enter the Matrix so bad...until then they had a pretty good track record. But, at least this game shouldn't be a rush job like Enter the Matrix was to have it's launch coincide with the movies. But eh, we'll have to see how it turns out, if it sucks it should hit the budget bin pretty quickly.

oldsk00l
05-11-05, 02:18 PM
I have to admit tho

Being able to "play" the smith scene would roxX0r teh big one11!!!!!

SH64
05-11-05, 03:06 PM
The only thing i liked in those shots is the character models..
as for which version is this i think it dosent matter . most developers are lazy to bring a decent conversion from console to PC so i expect this same graphics in the PC but with higher res + FSAA/AF. thats if AA worked.

Ninjaman09
05-11-05, 04:02 PM
You people are crazy... the graphics aren't great... but come on... you guys are getting ridiculous... to say it looks worse than half life is beyond stupid.

I think the graphics look pretty good for the Xbox and if the gameplay is good, I don't care.
What I said was that the models were about as complex as Half-Life, not the overall graphics. And upon closer inspection I stand by my statement.

Subtestube
05-11-05, 04:12 PM
I should say - When I saw the screenies I wasn't aware it was for XBox. Given that it is, I still think the characters should be casting shadows, but aside from that I think it looks alright. Not so amazing I'll go an' get an XBox to play it, but alright.

|MaguS|
05-11-05, 04:13 PM
shadows could possibly not be in yet... it still has some time till its release and adding shadows is very easy compared to everything else, hell many games are usually shown off before having shadows (Oblivion).

Subtestube
05-11-05, 04:22 PM
That's entirely fair, but the thing is, these are publicity shots. With the Oblivion ones I never even noticed until it was pointed out. Fact is, the shots don't draw attention to the lack of shadows. In these ones I can barely ignore the lack of them - for some reason they've chosen shots (well, the running on wall one and jumping kick one) that show the surfaces so clearly that the lack of shadowing really draws attention to itself. Meh, in any case - you're quite right. They may well add character shadowing, and I certainly hope they do.

oldsk00l
05-11-05, 04:25 PM
It's kinda early too

I will play the smith scene, and then put the game down for all its suckage

OWA
05-11-05, 05:20 PM
Heh, I liked Enter the Matrix enough to buy it for the xbox and PC. So, I'm pretty sure I'll give this one a whirl.