PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to recomend you guys a driver set.

Kruno
12-12-02, 08:59 AM
http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?s=&postid=64327#post64327

I quote myself:
These latest drivers increase Dungeon Siege and other D3D games performance (in quality mode as I always install it) up to 50%-60% over the originals that Omega's drivers are based on. Omega's new drivers with QAA are faster than originals without FSAA or AF for some reason. What have you done to the drivers Omega?

I don't know how or why I have seen such a large increase but maybe someone here in Nvnews can explain it.
My Dungeon Siege performance was good with the 40.72 dets. I install Omega's drivers and somehow the performance has felt more than double. :confused:

My framerate is always above 35fps in DS before and after as well as in AVP 2. I install these drivers and my average framerate jumps to insane 50+. There were places where I usually went around 40fps and now 54fps. Then there was AVP2 going round 45fps and now over 70fps.

Maximum framerate has increased at around 60% maybe a little more.
All testing was done with QAA enabled.

darkmiasma
12-12-02, 10:10 AM
anyway to post a direct link to the drivers ... i dont feel like signing up for another forum

ragejg
12-12-02, 10:27 AM
go to www.omegacorner.com

:D

Tactics
12-12-02, 12:28 PM
But wasn't the IQ with Omegas drivers piss poor? I remember everyone saying it was horrid.

saturnotaku
12-12-02, 12:53 PM
It was before, maybe it has improved with this release. I'd check them out, but I don't feel like pulling down 14+ mb, especially since the 41.04 drivers I'm using now are darn near flawless.

digitalwanderer
12-12-02, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Tactics
But wasn't the IQ with Omegas drivers piss poor? I remember everyone saying it was horrid.

Angel is a friend so I don't think I'd refer to his first attempt at nVidia drivers as "piss poor", more like "overly sparkly". ;)

Yeah, the were a bit over-the-top on the LOD...but his latest sets give you an option on install to either get the "quality" or "performance" set. "quality" is extry sparkly, "performance" has the same LOD as the regular nVidia set; but it has better image quality. Don't ask me how, I do not know...but this latest set of his really is nice. I'm using them for both me XP & 98se installs, and they're working great! Both ses bench about 150pts lower in 3dm2k1se for me, down to 7800 from 7950 compared to the nVidia version...but these sets look better to me.

Just wanted to speak up about the latest Omegadrive drivers. He listened to the criticisms of his first try and modified them accordingly. If you didn't like his first ones, you might want to give these new ones a try and make sure you do the "performance" install....they're pretty sweet. :)

Neova
12-12-02, 04:31 PM
Hows the visual fidelity with these drivers? I just installed 41.09 recently and after tuning with rivatuner and atuner, I don't want to mess with my setup unless I get good FPS with equal or better quality.

Color, clarity and quality are important to me.

K.I.L.E.R, can you enable 4xS or 8x FSAA with 8xAF in DS with these drivers without blurring the textures?

Kruno
12-12-02, 08:41 PM
Yes. Take a look at my "Guess what FSAA mode" thread. The pic there is using QCX FSAA on a GF3. It's far sharper on my GF3 than by defualt on a GF4. Jpeg blur is in the way though. :/

StealthHawk
12-13-02, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by K.I.L.E.R
Yes. Take a look at my "Guess what FSAA mode" thread. The pic there is using QCX FSAA on a GF3. It's far sharper on my GF3 than by defualt on a GF4. Jpeg blur is in the way though. :/

haha, glad to see my vote was right :)