PDA

View Full Version : F.E.A.R still out June 7th?

vX
05-11-05, 12:32 PM
I've been searching for f.e.a.r news and keep getting conflicting news on f.e.a.r, some sites and forums say the game is still coming June 7th while others say it's been delayed until the fall. Understanding pc games i'm leaning toward the delay, since so many games on pc seem to suffer from them, but I just want to make sure so I don't blow the $50 I had saved for it and then find out it is shipping next month.

vX
05-11-05, 12:38 PM
n/m, main site says due this fall http://whatisfear.com/us/ =( damit....

zakelwe
05-11-05, 12:47 PM
Have you seen the benchmarks of F.E.A.R on xbitlabs fxgamer ?

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/radeon-x800xl-512mb_15.html

Going to be tough on video cards. Screen shots look good though.

Regards

Andy

vX
05-11-05, 12:53 PM
seems to run better on nvidia...thats shocking since it's a d3d game I believe. Judging by those benches either the game was still really unoptimized during that benchmark or they played it smart and delayed it so when it arrives, the new gpu's will be out from both ati and nvidia and there will actually be cards out there that can play it. If thats why they delayed it, I can respect that....no sense releasing a game that can't be played maxed out on any hardware currently out (aside from sli) Thanks for the link! =)

six_storm
05-11-05, 02:02 PM
I played the MP BETA a few months back and it was very good. It was pretty stressful on my hardware but it ran very well.

jAkUp
05-11-05, 02:40 PM
Yes the game is definetely good, although it needs ALOT of work. Performance is terrible. Geometry is a little ugly in the beta demo (or was it alpha?) and the running speed needs to be slower IMO.

Roliath
05-11-05, 05:32 PM
Damn, going by that benchmark alone looks like i'm screwed in playing it the way I usually play my games 1280*1024 4xAA 16AF.
I just hope the final product is more polished.

vX
05-11-05, 10:53 PM
is this beta still going/open to idiots like me?

jAkUp
05-11-05, 10:56 PM
I think its closed already. You had to be a fileplanet subscriber to download it... I'm sure they will release a newer build to the public soon.

lowdog
05-12-05, 12:17 AM
Fark'n'ell what's with all the farken delays ffs.

STALKER delayed!, FEAR delayed!, this game delayed that game delayed.

Farken game developers....don't announce the farken game untill it's DONE!!!

Wish they'd learn this ^ simple gem of logic before announcing a game, bloody brainless dimm wits.

End rant. :o

Subtestube
05-12-05, 12:23 AM
Mmm... I really wish all Game devs would adopt a policy of doing what Rockstar did for Max Payne 2 - they only even announced the game 4 months before the release date, and when that date came around, sure enough, it was in stores. Alternately, they could stick with a 'when it's done' policy, like id - I like that too. :P Just my humble opinion.

Snufalufagus
05-12-05, 12:38 AM
From what I read (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/fear/preview_6121461.html) the game is finished. I would bet they are waiting to release it as a launch title for the Xbox 360.

NAZCA M12
05-12-05, 01:02 AM
Maybe, i seem to remember that Syberia 2 for the PC was finished way before the console version but it ended up collecting dust for about 4 months so that they could make a simultaneous release. We PC arseholes had to endure sth like a 4-month delay waiting for the ****ing xbox version :mad:

Edge
05-12-05, 02:35 AM
From what I read (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/fear/preview_6121461.html) the game is finished. I would bet they are waiting to release it as a launch title for the Xbox 360.
Umm, why would you think that? There hasn't been any mention of the game being made for any console, and they didn't say anything to suggest that it's been delayed for any reason except to "polish" it (gee, wasn't that the excuse STALKER had, too?). Given the recent beta I can see why, there were quite a few complaints about the game, most notably it's performance. Since optimising is one of the last things they do in the development cycle, I think it's pretty safe to say that they're at the "content is done, but it runs like crap" stage.

BioHazZarD
05-12-05, 04:57 AM
Why has no demo yet been released to the public ?

Mr_LoL
05-12-05, 05:40 AM
Is this game scary? I can't complete far cry cuz i find it scary

Darkoz
05-12-05, 08:31 AM
Is this game scary? I can't complete far cry cuz i find it scary

Well I dare say that you'll shi t your pants playing FEAR if you thought FarCry was scary.
FEAR is supposed to be very creepy, along the lines of the movie "The Ring".