PDA

View Full Version : EQ2, WOW, other?

jAkUp
05-11-05, 02:57 PM
I'm not really an MMORPG'r, did play a little SWG, but thats about it... and arguments from coworkers have got me thinking... Which MMORPG do you prefer?

Ninjaman09
05-11-05, 02:59 PM
WoW was my favorite. I played it for about 380 hours, which is more time than I've ever spent playing any one game. I'd highly recommend it but be wary of the unbelievable time investment. I cannot comment on EQ2 since I only played the trial but I liked WoW better.

|MaguS|
05-11-05, 03:06 PM
EQ2 is my favorite, the game is great but I stopped due to not being able to take the **** from SOE anylonger. They make a great game but Im tired of lies and the constant filth they spit from thier mouths. All they care about is the dollar, Im sure the development team wishes to make EQ2 the best possible but the higher ups can give a rats ass what the developers and customers want as long as they get paid.

So... Im playing WoW, Don't like it too much... too easy and boring but its better then the other choices...

Ninja Prime
05-11-05, 04:04 PM
WoW. EQ2 has a host of stupid problems, not the least of which is they're "Hey, if they are gonna do illegal activities anyway, lets make money off it!" thing.

nrdstrm
05-11-05, 04:25 PM
As opposed to not being able to even connect to the server, server lag, etc with WOW? :P (No I'm not being biased, no I dont play WOW, just going off of ChrisRay's Review :) )

On a serious note, How about an MMORPG subforum Jakup?!?

Tr1cK
05-11-05, 05:19 PM
I can't remember the last time I wasn't able to log in on WoW. No problems for me.

SH64
05-11-05, 05:33 PM
"Who needs MMORPG's when you have a penis??!!"

:rofl

Jak i started to like the last option in your polls more than the polls themselves :D

i myself didnt get into MMORPGs yet .. though i might do when i get better internet connection.

Slybri
05-11-05, 05:43 PM
I've been playing computer games since 1981 and I think WoW is the best game I've ever played (except maybe for TIE Fighter). I've played lots of MMO's (EQ, EVE, FFXI) but WOW's the only one that got me addicted. I played for 4 months, stopping only for work and sleep. My friends thought I had died...maybe I did. I dunno, but that's the only game I've ever played that hooked me like that. I had to stop, it was destroying my Real Life. Besides, once you get to 60, there ain't all that much left to see or do.
I tried the EQ2 free trial. It's okay, but it doesn't have the same character and humor that WoW is full of. It's probably a lot deeper that WoW though, if that's your bag of tea.
You know what would be great though? A Star Wars MMO that actually worked and did not suck! I'd play that in a second, real life be damned!

Edit: My penis is available online for 15$ a month. :)

Ghosthunter
05-11-05, 07:40 PM
EQ2 is my favorite, the game is great but I stopped due to not being able to take the **** from SOE anylonger. They make a great game but Im tired of lies and the constant filth they spit from thier mouths. All they care about is the dollar, Im sure the development team wishes to make EQ2 the best possible but the higher ups can give a rats ass what the developers and customers want as long as they get paid.

Welcome to the Corporate World! I dont know how you are very suprised by this.

jAkUp
05-11-05, 09:57 PM
Heh, from what I hear... EQ2 is very poorly coded. I think they need teh carmack on their team :D

wEEt
05-12-05, 12:01 AM
I'm currently playing WoW and I really like it. Yeah, it rocks!

de><ta
05-12-05, 01:19 AM
Guild wars - no monthly subscription fees

Who needs MMORPG's when they allready have a life? :p

My only qualm against em is that they can be far too time consuming... and they are as addictive as sin.

Ninja Prime
05-12-05, 12:27 PM
As opposed to not being able to even connect to the server, server lag, etc with WOW? :P (No I'm not being biased, no I dont play WOW, just going off of ChrisRay's Review :) )

On a serious note, How about an MMORPG subforum Jakup?!?

I don't think Chris has played since Feb. because that was the last time I recall those problems existing. EQ2 problems are still rampant and some of them are in fact, parts of the game.

ChrisRay
05-12-05, 06:46 PM
I don't think Chris has played since Feb. because that was the last time I recall those problems existing. EQ2 problems are still rampant and some of them are in fact, parts of the game.

I have been playing both WoW and EQ 2 for the last month :P When I started writing my comparison I was bored cuz I couldnt login to WoW.

EciDemon
05-12-05, 06:55 PM
Eq2 got me hoocked.
As long as that station exchange crap stays on new servers im going to keep playing for my guild and with my friends.

The things i like with Eq2 is that it takes time to play and it takes time to master. The economy is nice and since most items are removed from the game after you have used them or out lvl'd them it keeps the economy going. (talking about attuning items, didnt like the idea at first but its actually quite nice when you think about it)
Loads of quests and good lore :)

It's too bad the gfx hardware isnt used more then it is in the game. Perhaps we would have seen better performance on mid range machines.

ChrisRay
05-12-05, 06:59 PM
Eq2 got me hoocked.
As long as that station exchange crap stays on new servers im going to keep playing for my guild and with my friends.

The things i like with Eq2 is that it takes time to play and it takes time to master. The economy is nice and since most items are removed from the game after you have used them or out lvl'd them it keeps the economy going. (talking about attuning items, didnt like the idea at first but its actually quite nice when you think about it)
Loads of quests and good lore :)

It's too bad the gfx hardware isnt used more then it is in the game. Perhaps we would have seen better performance on mid range machines.

I would just like to point out. That the attuned items are exactly like Soulbind in WoW. item dispertion is very similar in EQ 2 and WoW.

EciDemon
05-12-05, 07:02 PM
Hey thats cool. things like that is important to keep the economy going.
*looks at the games bro is playing, knights online and Kal online*
Yep very important indeed.

nrdstrm
05-12-05, 08:14 PM
For EQ2 does anyone know a list of wepons that can hit named mobs? My 45 zerker can't hit a raid mob for the life of him. I think they have to be imbued or something? Not posative though..
Thanks!

vampireuk
05-13-05, 10:52 AM
I like my penis

killahsin
05-13-05, 12:35 PM
nrdstrm certain mobs have certain resists, some slashing piercing etc etc. Get yourself a legendary weapon and you'll hit thats for sure.

nrdstrm
05-13-05, 01:01 PM
Vamp...I'm sure you like your penis, but how is that going to help me kill raid mobs?...Wait...please dont answer that! ROFL :P

Kill...Thanks man..Guess it's time to spend some gold and get me a legendary weapon. I noobed big time the other night, forgot I use slashing and bought a nice crushing weapon. Fortunately it was only 11G and I sold it to Vendor for 3G so only 8 gold loss, but it still stung...lol

Ninja Prime
05-14-05, 03:09 AM
Vamp...I'm sure you like your penis, but how is that going to help me kill raid mobs?...Wait...please dont answer that! ROFL :P

Hmmm... might be more SWG but here is an explaination:

http://img.penny-arcade.com/2005/20050211l.jpg

Marcos
05-20-05, 09:22 AM
"Who needs MMORPGs when you have a penis"

What the Fukc?

mcolbourn
05-23-05, 05:07 AM
"Who needs MMORPGs when you have a penis"

What the Fukc?

I like that, btw I like WoW, but I have not played EQ2 (I have only seen it running).