PDA

View Full Version : SB Audigy2 ZS help needed...

d2thez
05-12-05, 03:20 PM
I have the Audigy2 ZS and I have only an updated driver from the web installed for it because I do not like their abundance of appls and stuff on the disc.

Having the driver only provides all the functionality I need except that when in the Sound Control Panel of Windows XP I don't geth the option to choose the speaker setup I have. Normally it lets you choose like desktop stereo, quadrophonic, 5.1 surround and things like that.

I have 5.1 surround and want to make sure it is enabled. Is there a way to get this drop-down box that lists my choices? It used to be there for other sound cards but it appears the drivers disable it.

bknblk
05-12-05, 03:27 PM
In the control panel, under sounds and audio devices properties, volume tab, advanced speaker settings, speaker setup does not have a drop down with your options, including 5.1 and 7.1? The reason I ask is that I basically run driver only with the same sound card as you and that is how I set my config.

PaiN
05-12-05, 03:29 PM
Usually, you have to first install off the disk then update from there...

red_star
05-12-05, 04:50 PM
Creative made it too complicated. I hate installing drivers for Creative Sound card. You have to install drivers and software from CD, and then you have to do a couple freaking updates before you get thing straight.

Smokey
05-13-05, 03:02 AM
You do not have to install any software off the driver cd that comes with the card. Durning install you can select "drivers only". As has been said already, you need to install the drivers off the cd first, as the other drivers are only "updates".