PDA

View Full Version : Need help with front-panel controller settings.

Sazar
05-12-05, 09:44 PM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813998505

I just bought the device in the link from Newegg and installed it.

It is running great and doing everything I want it to do, really nice device.

My only problem is the low fan setting alarm that goes off if the RPM drops below 2000 for any of my fans.

I don't care if my fans drop below that mark because I have good cooling and my system does not overheat.

If anyone has this device or anything similar with a low-fan speed warning beep or alarm, please let me know if there is a way to disable this because it is really annoying and I want to be able to turn the fans all the way down if needed.

Sazar
05-13-05, 10:55 AM
Anyone?

MUYA
05-13-05, 11:27 AM
no fan divider settings?

Sazar
05-13-05, 11:30 AM
No, the only things I can find are teh little addon on the pcb for the alarm, but I dont want to rip it off in case it kills the entire device, and a jumper but I have spoken to the company and it is not supposedly designed to do anything wrt alarm settings.

I can theoretically plug the fans into an alternate fan controller, or not in one at all, but I would like to keep the device and use it because it is very practical.

MUYA
05-13-05, 11:31 AM
pah dunno mate...

rombat
05-13-05, 12:36 PM
Hmm, I have one similiar to this, to change the alarm setting temp. you had to press certain buttons to change the the alarm temp. settings. If not there could be jumpers on the circuit board that you have to switch around, hope that helps you.

Sazar
05-13-05, 01:53 PM
The buttons I have are Mode, Next and C and F for teh temps.

Mode basically selects between Fan or Temp, and Next cycles through the 3 fan connectors and the 3 temp readouts.

Do you have an idea which combo of keys to try? I am going to go via trial and error and see what I can do :)

Clay
05-13-05, 02:06 PM
Do care about the alarm ever coming on at all? If not, you could just clip the speaker wires and remove it. :)

Clay
05-13-05, 02:08 PM
...not really "speaker wires" of course...but the speaker will likey be the typical small, black, and cylindrical. I've removed them in the past without any problems.

Sazar
05-13-05, 02:12 PM
Oh excellent.

I was concerned about it sort of disabling the entire unit so I had not wanted to delve into it.

Might wanna do something bout it like that then.

I don't mind the flashing lights for warnings for Temp readouts, but the below 2000 rpm fan setting alarm is a bit retarded tbh.

Clay
05-13-05, 02:36 PM
Oh excellent.

I was concerned about it sort of disabling the entire unit so I had not wanted to delve into it.

Might wanna do something bout it like that then.

I don't mind the flashing lights for warnings for Temp readouts, but the below 2000 rpm fan setting alarm is a bit retarded tbh.
Yeah, it'd be nice if the speaker were not hard wired to the circuit board...like via a 4 pin connector or something. If not though, clipping it's solder connections should be fine. I've done it before on older cards a few years ago. Someone else with more electronic expertise might be able to confirm if this is safe to do or not for your panel.