PDA

View Full Version : Secondhand smoke?

watever
05-13-05, 09:52 PM
Im a smoker and i like to smoke in my room, especially when im on the comp. I was just wondering if the secondhand smoke would do anything to my comp. I am building a new computer that has 2 intake fans on the front and 1 intake on the side, and im sure some of the smoke will get inhaled by my system. I never gave this any thought on my old comp since its a beefy (dell) with no intake fans.

:smoking:

CaptNKILL
05-13-05, 10:38 PM
Yeah it will clog the fans over time and clog up the heatsinks. Working at a computer shop, I see this stuff. It might not cause any emediate damage, but it makes a horrible mess of the computer. Any dust or particles in the air will do it, but smoking a lot will deffinitely add lots of unneeded sh!t into your computers ventilation.

Starscream
05-14-05, 03:15 AM
It will also slowly stain everything a nice pleasent brown.

jAkUp
05-14-05, 03:17 AM
Yup, it clogs up the fans, and the heatsinks.

wshadow
05-14-05, 04:18 AM
just quit smoking, you will feel better and most likely live longer(sparing ya dont jump off a building) ALSO at like 4 bucks a pack on a pack a day average you will save almost 1500 dollars, thats SLI every year, or a really good hooker :P lol

wshadow
05-14-05, 04:19 AM
also you can get a ionic breeze and put it next to your computer, and it will DRAMATICALLY cut down on dust and smoke and stuff

watever
05-14-05, 06:00 AM
!@#$%!@#$% nicotine addiction!!! $4 packs = dying $2000 computer.

wheeljack12
05-14-05, 01:05 PM
I have cleaned a machine or two after second hand smoke was in the machine. Stinks up the whole house for a week. Worse than a person actually smoking. Even have seen where the person left the cd tray open and got the grease/oil off the smoke onto the tray and ruined a cd burner. If you do continue to smoke, I suggest buying a case of compressed air and clean that thing out like 3-4 times a year.