PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 6800 Ultra/AGP/single slot/dual DVI/256MB/Mermaid Nalu on Fan.

ricercar
05-14-05, 03:04 AM
WTB: 6800 Ultra/AGP/single slot/dual DVI/256MB/Mermaid Nalu on Fan. I have a client who would pay a lot put this card in her SFF. I really want to locate one for her. I sort of bet her I could find one...

I see a lot of dual DVI 6800s, and a lot of single-slot Nalu fans, but never on an AGP 6800 Ultra. A NVIDIA employee told me he saw this configuration with an eVGA logo; however, an eVGA support tech emailed me that this configuration never existed from eVGA.

Failing that, I could probably roll my own. Does anyone have a 1-slot wide Nalu design 6800 fan? I figure someone has one in a drawer from an aftermarket fan upgrade like an NV5 or Zalman? PM me please.

fldrice
05-16-05, 07:44 PM
Doesn't exist...probably someone with a 6800gt that flashed it with an ultra bios.

Kickus_assius
05-16-05, 08:55 PM
I would give you the Nalu fan from my water-cooled GT but it comes in handy when it comes time to sell, good luck though. And my card is actually made by Nvidia as it is a sample from them of some kind, so maybe the Ultra version of my card is what you are looking for.

einstein_314
05-16-05, 11:25 PM
I would give you the Nalu fan from my water-cooled GT but it comes in handy when it comes time to sell, good luck though. And my card is actually made by Nvidia as it is a sample from them of some kind, so maybe the Ultra version of my card is what you are looking for.

The Nvidia sample 6800 ultra has a 2 slot cooler on it. There were very few, manufacurers that actually put a custom 1 slot cooler on the 6800 ultra. It just produces too much heat. Asus did, I think. But it doesn't have a mermaid on it. I can't remember any other ones that are 1 slot.

ricercar
05-17-05, 01:00 AM
So is there a manufacturer that makes a single-slot dual-DVI mermaid-fan AGP 6800GT? I haven't seen one on Newegg, and I've been looking for perchance six months or more.

einstein_314
05-17-05, 10:58 PM
Hmm, that's a good one. The only 6800 GT I can find with dual DVI is the XFX one. But it doesn't have nalu on it. It's critical that it has dual DVI?

ricercar
05-18-05, 02:24 AM
Yeah, she's got two DVI LCDs that she wants to run from one card. She currently has an XFX dual-DVI 5700U in her SFF, which does all her Photoshopping duties just fine, except she's wanted me to get her a Nalu card ever since I showed her the damn demo. Not satisfied with less than an Ultra, not satisfied with dual video cards, not satisfied with what she's got...

Fricking SFF manufacturers. They put the AGP slot on the outside. *feh* This life wouldn't be so much fun if it was smoothsailing, I suppose.

The bright spot is that I get her old hand-me-down equipment every time she upgrades. :D

Kickus_assius
05-21-05, 03:53 PM
I have a 6800 GT AGP8X with the Nalu fan. It does 400/1100 stable. I have decided to sell it and move to PCI-e. Since it would give roughly ultra performance, is it good enough? It is one slot too. It has one vga and one DVI and I can include a vga to dvi adaptor to have dual dvi.

ricercar
05-21-05, 05:35 PM
Thanks, but DVI+VGA won't work. She's got two DVI LCDs.

Kickus_assius
05-21-05, 06:45 PM
Good luck finding one then.

JadeDM
05-22-05, 12:20 AM
I got an XFX 6800 Ultra. It has Dual DVI and everything, used for less than a month. And it just so happens I live in Silicon Valley also. YGPM. The only thing is it isn't a the single slot nalu fan. I'm sure you could find one from someone who took it off for a vga silencer.