PDA

View Full Version : Why I love Dell's Warranties and Services

Sazar
05-15-05, 12:06 AM
My girl cracked the screen on my Pocket DJ mp3 player.

Fortunately I had it covered under their Complete Care program for 1 year and lo and behold, we called in, they shipped me a brand new one and I got it the next business day. :D

No questions asked.

Gotta love these kinda touches :angel:

Pic includes my old DJ with the cracked screen and my new one docked while I dl music to it.

fastguy94416
05-15-05, 01:20 AM
can I have the cracked one? :)

gram_vaz
05-15-05, 04:54 AM
oh my. that little crack? that wouldn't have bothered me at all on a device you use mostly to hear from. some of you people are so picky. :p

Son Goku
05-15-05, 11:01 AM
Eh, I don't know... In terms of screen proportions, I can notice something going down more then half the width of the screen :D

That said, this thread does seem a tad bit like a Dell commercial, advert :angel: Well given that saz works there now and all ;)

Gentle
05-15-05, 05:19 PM
When I see statements like this, I just want to cry.

When a product fails due to a manufacturer defect, that is warranty.

When someone causes a product to fail by abuse/misuse/so on, that is insurance.

So this is not just a warranty, it's a service plan/insurance.

If you check most manufacturers warranty policies, you will see this to be true. Abuse/misuse/so on, are not covered under warranty...

Gentle

Kickus_assius
05-15-05, 05:48 PM
Why would they let you keep the old one? Does Dell enjoy throwing money at their problems?

jAkUp
05-16-05, 12:07 AM
He's gonna have to send the broken one back. If not, they will charge him :)

GlowStick
05-16-05, 12:13 AM
Nice service!

Apple woudlnt of done that in a million years heh.

Sazar
05-16-05, 12:23 AM
I don't keep the old one, its packed and shipped back to Dell. I get the new one, they get the old one to verify the replacement :D

Dell's standard limited warranty for anything does not cover accidental physical damage. Only component defects.

Their complete care additional coverage (everywhere but Florida) does.

Wrt my DJ, I didn't cause the crack and I don't like using broke stuff. Hence why I got a replacement setup.

Son Goku
05-16-05, 02:58 AM
An extended coverage plan could cover various things... AKA, if I got road hazzard when I bought my tires from Sears, then ridding over a nail (actually a bolt) would have been covered, and the tire would have been replaced without cost to me, even though the bolt being on the road wasn't a tire defect. Without this, I pay... Nothing seems underhanded about that, and if one's paying for an extended agreement, mise well make use of it...

I do find it a bit funny, that saz seems a bit of the NG's Dell spokesman now :D