PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Pics/Specs Leaked?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

brady
05-17-05, 08:31 AM
yeah im one of those ones who's very passionate about NOT throwing around photorealism, BUT when i viewed the killzone video i started thinking about how my wife is going to let me build a new pc next year when we move to AZ. then i thought how about instead i buy ps3 and a cheap flat screen! in any event, it is beginning to look like were getting there (photorealism).

one more thing... i am a huge pc gaming fanboy but im going to be working on a masters in about a year and a half and there is no way i can afford to have top o the line pc hardware for the games i want to play. i cant believe im saying this but console gaming is looking very VERY good to me right now. i think im going to be migrating. :o

newlinuxguy
05-17-05, 08:37 AM
someone please tell me where to download the e3 video !! i cant watch it online since i am on ****tty dialup...pluuusseeeeeeee

jcossin
05-17-05, 08:41 AM
I just finished watch PS3 conference, OMG!!! I was totally speechless and mind blowed by new level of graphics, I cant wait to get PS3, all of the games trailers were very impressive make me want to buy all of it. :lol: :D When I watched all of Xbox 360 games trailers on MTV, I am not very impressed with all of them, they got nothing new in graphics department but really compared to today PC games. I think Xbox 360 is finished long before it official launched, I dont think R500 got something in sleeve to matched RSX's movie like quality graphics.

I think I know what Bill Gates felt when he saw PS3 conference, he collapsed on the knee cried like a baby and sucked his thumb. :angel:

LOL. I think you hit the nail on the head. This generation is all about the GPU inside, and nVidia is it!!! Gates has to be losing sleep over dropping nVidia and going with ATI. What a mistake...

I am in AWE over the Killzone movie. There are links here to the PS3 movies:

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/614/614953p1.html

WOW. If that Killzone movie is in-game play! HOLY CRAP!! It wipes the floor with Halo...

newlinuxguy
05-17-05, 09:11 AM
LOL. I think you hit the nail on the head. This generation is all about the GPU inside, and nVidia is it!!! Gates has to be losing sleep over dropping nVidia and going with ATI. What a mistake...

I am in AWE over the Killzone movie. There are links here to the PS3 movies:

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/614/614953p1.html

WOW. If that Killzone movie is in-game play! HOLY CRAP!! It wipes the floor with Halo...[QUOTE]

WOOOOOTTTT !!!!! downloaded a few and that is call a pwnage. if these are all ingame than M$ is crappping their pants

newlinuxguy
05-17-05, 12:47 PM
What really disappoints me is few yaers back they showed us all this marketing hype about cell and distributed computing and how we can network the cells....WHAT ABOUT THAT ??? PS3 is having only a single cell - what the hell !! what is the use of then doing such distributed network design...i was hoping that it could be possible to stack the ps3's and do come cool sh1t.

What is SONY planning with the cell based machines and workstations...any info ??

Snufalufagus
05-17-05, 01:09 PM
I think its kind of funny seeing everyone getting hyped up on Killzone which was not in game but CG. I want to see real games in motion, not movies. I want to see what both systems can do realtime before I purchase either one of them. Show me real gameplay not smoke and mirrors.

Knot3D
05-17-05, 01:31 PM
It's not fully prerendered CG. Look at the screenshots and analyze the models' subdivisions, fire effects etc. I believe it was most of the action was scripted though, but ingame engine.

The Getaway 3 and I 8 ingame videoclips confirm the graphics power.

muaddib
05-17-05, 01:49 PM
O_M_F_G

And I'll write it again:

OH_EM_EF_GEE

Did you saw the Killzone 2 Trailer?
That was the first time I were dropping my jaw in front of a video game.

fivefeet8
05-17-05, 01:51 PM
The dirt racing game is definately ingame. You can see small bit of aliasing. Looked damn impressive though.

LiquidX
05-17-05, 01:55 PM
I just cant wait to see what Namco does with Ace Combat. :cool:

EvilEye
05-17-05, 02:29 PM
I think its kind of funny seeing everyone getting hyped up on Killzone which was not in game but CG. I want to see real games in motion, not movies. I want to see what both systems can do realtime before I purchase either one of them. Show me real gameplay not smoke and mirrors.

Well if you compare the graphics to the unreal engine 3 there isnīt that much difference so Iīm willing to bet it is ingame.

And the thing that they would have done better if it was prerendered is the fire from the flamethrower and the burning soldiers...

ynnek
05-17-05, 02:36 PM
Are you 100% sure? My coworker that got them directly from IGN said they were labeled as actual in game vids.

Ninjaman09
05-17-05, 02:39 PM
Got anything to substantiate that claim? Pretty sure that was ingame.

brady
05-17-05, 03:13 PM

well if you saw the hour and a half show then you saw the ue3 engine in real time and it looked just as good to me as the killzone gfx so it led me to believe it was real time....

ynnek
05-17-05, 04:34 PM
okay, I did some reading and talking to people that are really following this..

All the stuff you see now, for Xbox 360 and PS3 is technically NOT actual gameplay/footage from an Xbox 360 and PS3. They are from the dev kits out there right now, that aren't anywhere as powerful as a real Xbox and PS3.

So most, if not all of the xbox stuff we are seeing, is actually powered by a souped up Mac, which is what the Dev kit runs on..

The PS3 videos, especially from Epic, are made with "Cell" code, but are scripted renders, since the HW isn't finalized, dev kits aren't nearly as powerful, and the game code isn't complete.. However, Sweeny says that the PS3 is supposidly spec'd out to be able to at least handle what they are showing, if not more. heh. I'm sure some of you will have comments about Sweeny.

GamerGuyX
05-17-05, 05:22 PM
Hey check it out:

LINK (http://ve3dboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=19746030)

oldsk00l
05-17-05, 05:25 PM
Rein, heh, he is such a pimpmeister :afro:

Bad_Boy
05-17-05, 06:10 PM
The PS3 videos, especially from Epic, are made with "Cell" code, but are scripted renders, since the HW isn't finalized, dev kits aren't nearly as powerful, and the game code isn't complete.. However, Sweeny says that the PS3 is supposidly spec'd out to be able to at least handle what they are showing, if not more. heh. I'm sure some of you will have comments about Sweeny.
im pretty sure Tim said the unreal engine 3 demo on the ps3 was in real time.

GamerGuyX
05-17-05, 06:23 PM

Yes its been confirmed.

Subtestube
05-17-05, 06:24 PM

Correct. Apparently he moved the camera around in real time to show that it was. Wish there was some video footage of that.

GamerGuyX
05-17-05, 06:35 PM
Correct. Apparently he moved the camera around in real time to show that it was. Wish there was some video footage of that.

Where have you been?

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748505/vid_1122054.html?mu=http%3A%2F%2Fstreamingmovies.i gn.com%2Fps3%2Farticle%2F614%2F614943%2Fsonycon_de mos_unreal_02_wmvlow.wmv

Subtestube
05-17-05, 06:46 PM
Where have you been?

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748505/vid_1122054.html?mu=http%3A%2F%2Fstreamingmovies.i gn.com%2Fps3%2Farticle%2F614%2F614943%2Fsonycon_de mos_unreal_02_wmvlow.wmv

Not there, apparently. Awesome - thanks.

ynnek
05-17-05, 06:52 PM
some may be, running on dev kits. but the killzone vid and some other game vids i've seen that look really awesome, aren't.

Subtestube
05-17-05, 07:03 PM
I'd believe that - I only said that the UE3 one was definitely running in real time.

evilchris
05-17-05, 07:04 PM
I don't like that when he moved the camera around in UE3, the bots were frozen. Get some action on the screen.