PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Pics/Specs Leaked?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13

Bad_Boy
05-17-05, 12:27 AM
but my question is why only ONE cell processor ???? xbox 360 is like 3 power pc. I was thinking there will be a buch of cell processors - one for AI and so on..
costs? and maybe it doesnt need another :p

Banko
05-17-05, 12:28 AM
but my question is why only ONE cell processor ???? xbox 360 is like 3 power pc. I was thinking there will be a buch of cell processors - one for AI and so on..
Technically one cell processor is like at least from my understanding like 7 g5's, and watch the whole one hour and 50 min conference it shows the power of the cell, and man so much power.

evilchris
05-17-05, 12:31 AM
Power of 7 G5's in a $399 ( guessing on price ) console? Am I the only who thinks that sounds "slightly" exagerated?

newlinuxguy
05-17-05, 12:32 AM
where can i download that conference ??? i have slow dial up connection but i am willing to download that if possible :D

newlinuxguy
05-17-05, 12:36 AM
steeda what i heard is over time it will be cheaper to manufacture and they will move to 60nm from 90nm. then they r going to add that thing in tvs and everywhere. maybe initially it will be loss making but as quantity increases prices will come down a lot. look at amd u can buy a $600 cpu now at less than $100 after 2 years.

|MaguS|
05-17-05, 12:40 AM
Power of 7 G5's in a $399 ( guessing on price ) console? Am I the only who thinks that sounds "slightly" exagerated?

Probably, will we know for sure? No not really but it does have double the performance in theoretical benchmarks then the Xbox 360s triple dual core setup.

Bad_Boy
05-17-05, 12:43 AM
http://img.engadget.com/common/images/1376374416227039.JPG
i found this pretty funny :p

evilchris
05-17-05, 12:44 AM
That looks like crap lol. Talk bout last minute... did someone forget to buy the crayons?

Bad_Boy
05-17-05, 12:46 AM
That looks like crap lol. Talk bout last minute... did someone forget to buy the crayons?
lol thats funny too, but I was talking about the psp in the corner. :D

newlinuxguy
05-17-05, 12:53 AM
hey i cant watch the killzone video what codecs do i need ?

Jedi Rainman
05-17-05, 01:05 AM

I'll have to dig up the link, but I did read that the Cell Processor that will be in the PS3 will be a scaled down version.

CaptNKILL
05-17-05, 01:08 AM
Anyone know if this thing (or the XBox 360) will have connections for a VGA\DVI monitor? I dont see myself blowing $3000 on an HDTV any time soon and normal TVs look like ass, so the only way Id use one of these is a PC monitor.

evilchris
05-17-05, 01:08 AM
You can convert HDMI to DVI with a simple 20$ cable. It won't carry the audio though, so you'd need legacy audio output. HDMI carries video and audio.

demonized
05-17-05, 01:16 AM
lol. that japanese guy from square enix appeared in both conference. I have a question though. Did the guys from epic games show up just to show how powerful the ps3 is? Are they actually making a game for the PS3?

Subtestube
05-17-05, 01:20 AM
lol. that japanese guy from square enix appeared in both conference. I have a question though. Did the guys from epic games show up just to show how powerful the ps3 is? Are they actually making a game for the PS3?

It's my understanding that Unreal Engine 3 will support PS3, XBOX 360 and PC, so though I'm not sure if Epic is making a game for the PS3, people will be able to use their engine with it. I think.

|MaguS|
05-17-05, 01:20 AM
They probably are since they got a dev unit, I dout they would buy an expensive dev unit just to make a short little demo... I could see UT2007 appearing on the PS3 since its performing better in the UE3 engine then current top PCs.

XP_GUN
05-17-05, 01:37 AM
wow you guys must not have any lives, 218 posts and 15 pages already with only 1 day gee get a live you guys.......... O wait I need one too. :D

newlinuxguy
05-17-05, 05:03 AM
someone just tell me where to download the E3 conference video !!!!!!!!!!

AthlonXP1800
05-17-05, 05:52 AM
I just finished watch PS3 conference, OMG!!! I was totally speechless and mind blowed by new level of graphics, I cant wait to get PS3, all of the games trailers were very impressive make me want to buy all of it. :lol: :D When I watched all of Xbox 360 games trailers on MTV, I am not very impressed with all of them, they got nothing new in graphics department but really compared to today PC games. I think Xbox 360 is finished long before it official launched, I dont think R500 got something in sleeve to matched RSX's movie like quality graphics.

I think I know what Bill Gates felt when he saw PS3 conference, he collapsed on the knee cried like a baby and sucked his thumb. :angel:

Diamond_G
05-17-05, 06:08 AM
Sony's conference was insane... If dev's can do half of what they showed real time, I will be utterly stoked...

by real time I mean in games that I can play...

EvilEye
05-17-05, 07:18 AM
Ive been running the Kill Zone 2 ingame movie about 10 times now and its absolutely beutiful, in fact the most jaw dropping game ive seen....EVER. :luv: Havnt seen so much of the unrealengine3 yet but it is at least on par with that, if not better, from what I can see.

retsam
05-17-05, 07:27 AM
Anyone know if this thing (or the XBox 360) will have connections for a VGA\DVI monitor? I dont see myself blowing $3000 on an HDTV any time soon and normal TVs look like ass, so the only way Id use one of these is a PC monitor. i think thats sony's intention. why else would they add the ability to run two 1080p tv's, when they really dont exsist in retail. they only way anyone can do this is with pc monitors...

|MaguS|
05-17-05, 07:29 AM
BTW, Anyone notice one key thing from Tim from Epic, They only had the Dev Units for 2 months and were able to get the UE3 Demo running that well in that time... Thats NUTS!

I know some people hate this word but F1 looked Photo Realistic sometimes... its getting there folks, let people like Square and Konami play with the system and a year from now on the PS3 we can be seeing dam close to photo reaslism...

Subtestube
05-17-05, 07:45 AM
I know some people hate this word but F1 looked Photo Realistic sometimes... its getting there folks, let people like Square and Konami play with the system and a year from now on the PS3 we can be seeing dam close to photo reaslism...

/me looks sheepish - yeah - I tend to hate the bandying around of Photorealism, but, yes, we're really *beginning* to get there... these shots look a LOT better: Proper soft shadows.. there could even be some deferred shading GI going on there. Suffice to say, I'm impressed, and certainly, shots that don't include human faces or other organic objects are beginning to attain some sort of photorealism. Even so.. the uncanny valley is still there. Meh. But yeah. REALLY looking amazing. As I say - if this PS3 stuff is in game.... I'm there.

|MaguS|
05-17-05, 08:06 AM
Gotta see it in motion thought, shots can show flaws that in motion you would never see.