PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation 3 vs. Xbox 360

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Slybri
05-17-05, 09:10 AM
Just watched that video for Killzone...like wow man! To bad I won't be using a mouse to play that game. After watching that my PC was trembling in the corner yelling , "Game over, man! Game over!"
Sure, they'll have the Unreal 3 engine on the PC, but many of the Xbox360 games are using the U3 engine too and they'll be out long before UT 2007. And how much will it cost to get a graphics card to run it full out? More than 300 I bet. Man, what happened to all the Source Engine games for the PC?

Anyone notice that they used the Spiderman movie font style to write PLAYSTATION 3 on the top of the box. I guess they can do that since it's their movie. And I don't like the curved shape of the machine. All my loose discs and gameboxes are gonna slide right off the thing. How am I gonna stack my xbox and revolution on top the thing?

sytaylor
05-17-05, 09:20 AM
All my loose discs and gameboxes are gonna slide right off the thing. How am I gonna stack my xbox and revolution on top the thing?

I think this is supposed to be on top :cool2:

DJMONDY
05-17-05, 09:27 AM
Man that Killzone vid is just incredible. Its got to be one of the best looking games ive seen.

Is it ingame graphics shown in the vid??? sure hope so!! :)

Im going for PS3 but i will end up with the other consoles eventually :D :D

SH64
05-17-05, 09:38 AM
PS3 so far :cool:

BioHazZarD
05-17-05, 10:46 AM
After seeing PS3 specs xbox360 can go sit in a corner or something.

Connaught
05-17-05, 03:48 PM
Are the ps3 videos at e3 actually generated by the console or is it pre-rendered graphics? Killzone 2 seemed unreal....or rather...to real

evilchris
05-17-05, 04:15 PM
I wanna see this same poll at rage3d. I wonder how much of this is just blatant fanboyism since PS3 uses NVIDIA.

oldsk00l
05-17-05, 04:34 PM
I wanna see this same poll at rage3d. I wonder how much of this is just blatant fanboyism since PS3 uses NVIDIA.
Why do you need to see it?

You already know the result, that's why we're here and they are there :D

Knot3D
05-17-05, 04:40 PM
Heh, when we knew few about PS3 specs most ppl assumed it to have a Sony/Toshiba gpu. I sure never expected Nvidia to design PS3's gpu.

Anyway, I vote PS3, nvidia or no nvidia.

DiscipleDOC
05-17-05, 04:45 PM
LOL...
I'm getting both! :D :cool:

oldsk00l
05-17-05, 05:10 PM
LOL...

I dunno, I won't get both. I'll be waiting until well after launch to get the real skinny on them.

kojava
05-17-05, 05:40 PM
Definitely PS3, it will be worth the wait. My feeling is that XBOX360 is more like a HTPC or MCE system than a console system so might as well build my own PC.

aaahhh52
05-17-05, 06:30 PM
Well im sure their would be blatant fanboyism at rage3d for the xbox, i could care less what chip either system uses, ive only momentarily glanced over the specs of both, as of right now the ps3 looks better to me. That might change soon enough, when is the xbox press conferance?

NAZCA M12
05-17-05, 06:37 PM

Heh, the sadist in me would like to, for example see someone convincingly show an appropriately masked PS3 over there, as the new, REAL Xbox360. Can you imagine the responses? "All right man", "Right on ATI", "looking great", "i just love that controller", "Sony you're owned, go home". Then, he'd take it all back: "damn, wrong console guys, sorry". Can you think of the new responses then? :firedevil :rw: :fu:

That (or the opposite) would have been very fun to watch :lol:

intercede007
05-17-05, 11:17 PM
There will definatly be an XBOX 360 in my livingroom in November. The features list has my mouth watering with possibilities, and the hardware doesn't look to bad, either.

That being said, there will also be a PS3 sitting next to it when it comes out in the spring. It's potential is limited only by the imagination of the developers. I'm stoked, it's a great time to be a gamer.

Sazar
05-17-05, 11:23 PM

QFT !

killahsin
05-17-05, 11:31 PM
steeda don't get me wrong. I'm buying both consoles and as much as many want to label us as fanboys a vast majority of us owned 9700 pros or 9800s when nvidia flopped, and most of us flammed nvidia louder than any ati site. And im more or less refering to us old school nvnews people. ive been around alot longer than my registered date. I rememebr sitting in irc when the gf5 released and we were all like wtf this sucks, as i recall, hate to do this lol me muya and wish all got 9700 pros that week lol. But yet we still stayed here supporting nvidia, not because of fanboyism but because of what we remembered of the stuff nvidia pioneered, and the hope one day they would get back on their game. You can be sure, and i do mean sure, that if it wasn't as i were saying it to be i would be flaming nvidia. But sadly the fact remains that it isn't really the gou setups in either console which is going to lead to the visual winner(i.e. graphics king), but whether or not developers make full use of the cell processor or not.

I would suspect the first generation fo titles will not except for exclusives. But you can be sure the third generation titles will. Right now it is just the reverse of what happend with the ps2. This is what microsoft wanted. People read the destruction of sony propaganda, and believe it. When in fact all ms really wants to do this generation is even the odds. Neither company wants to destroy the other rather each company just wants to expand the total user base, because more often than not users own more than one system. Every kid i know got a ps2 for xmass than a xbox the next year for xmass. I have all 3 consoles, and i HATE the ps2. The goals of these companies arent at taking eachothers markets from them but rather creating wider markets.

six_storm
05-18-05, 12:31 AM
LOL...

Haha, me too. Can't wait to get my hands on the 360 though . . .

Connaught
05-18-05, 05:05 AM
I have that feeling that the xbox360 will have better games while the ps3 has better graphics... Consider the developers signed on to the xbox side...team ninga (Ninga Giaden, DOA), bioware (SW: KOTOR, Jade Empire) bungie (Halo), and now squaresoft (Final Fanatasy) is now producing games for xbox...

Knot3D
05-18-05, 08:24 AM
Better games ? I think you mean ; better suiting your taste in games. I'd take Ico, MGS3 and such anytime over those Xbox games you listed. It's a matter of preference in games. That shouldn't be a big deal though.

EvilEye
05-18-05, 08:30 AM
I have that feeling that the xbox360 will have better games while the ps3 has better graphics... Consider the developers signed on to the xbox side...team ninga (Ninga Giaden, DOA), bioware (SW: KOTOR, Jade Empire) bungie (Halo), and now squaresoft (Final Fanatasy) is now producing games for xbox...

Well, Squaresoft will make games for the PS3 also so you can expect the same titles for both consoles. Played Halo last night, and wow Kill Zone (PS2) is a real "Halokiller". After the new video of KillZone2 the Halo franchise looks like a "kiddy shooter".

Better games ? I think you mean ; better suiting your taste in games. I'd take Ico, MGS3 and such anytime over those Xbox games you listed. It's a matter of preference in games. That shouldn't be a big deal though.
Amen

Vagrant Zero
05-18-05, 11:15 AM
Playstation has had better games than it's competitors for 2 generations now. You'd have to be blind to think that is going to chane anytime soon. Moreso that the majority of "good" developers are Japanese and I doubt they're going to support the Xbox as much as the PS3. As for SquareEnix, they made games for the gamecube this generation...crystal chronicles....whoopdee freaking do. If SE makes a FFVII remake for PS3 it's game/set/match.

ENU291
05-18-05, 11:28 AM
Here are my thoughts on this topic.
The hardware is nice on both systems but it will all boil down to aggressive pricing and software developer support. As of today Microsoft is in a much better position financially to lost big money on the hardware just to get a huge install basis. Sonys electronic division has been hemorraging money for some time now. The PS3 has a huge amount of unnecessary fat (7 usb ports, 2 gig ethernet ports plus wifi a,b and g etc... ). With all the new tech in the PS3 (blueray, cell proc, Nvidia RSX) I am guessing that the PS3 will sell for about $599 or more. The Xbox360 could easily go for $399 initially then drop to $349 or $299 by the time the PS3 is finally released in the US. Most well known software developers (Konami, Capcom, Square etc..) have started developing for multiple systems. Is the Sony brand name strong enough to sway the public towards the more powerful and (most likely) more expensive PS3 or will Microsofts marketing savy, deep pockets and aggressive pricing pull them into the number one spot in the gaming console market? Only time will tell!

LiquidX
05-18-05, 12:07 PM
They say the PS3 will sell for under $500 so most likely it will be over $400 so buying it at launch may be out for me. The XBox360 MS has said they designed to earn a profit and think the price will be like its name $360 which is price I will pay. Sony may end up taking a bigger loss this time around than MS with all its flashy tech especially if it launches at $499. That to me equals death no mather how much more powerful your system is. But hey I said that about the PSP.

LiquidX
05-18-05, 12:16 PM
$469 they think. http://ps3.ign.com/articles/615/615745p1.html