PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation 3 vs. Xbox 360

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

evilchris
05-19-05, 11:48 AM
That easy to work out, Xbox 360 has 1 TFLOP, all 3 3.2GHz PowerPC CPUs performed total of 115 GFLOPs and then take that away from 1 TFLOP will give R500 GPU performed 885 GFLOPs. Playstation 3 has 2.1 TFLOP, the Cell performed 218 GFLOPs and that leave Nvidia RSX incredible 1.8 TFLOPs or 1882 GFLOPs. RSX is more than twice faster than R500 in floating point power. :angel:

ROFL, you sound like the riceboys in San Diego and their ricer math:

12" fart pipe muffler: 40 HP
Air Filter: 60HP
Stickers: 40HP

Total: 500HP

AthlonXP1800
05-19-05, 11:51 AM
I'm sure a 50 billion dollar company has no idea what they're doing and need a guy like you to lay it all out eh Athlon?

:lol: :D

gmontem
05-19-05, 12:39 PM
I'm sure a 50 billion dollar company has no idea what they're doing and need a guy like you to lay it all out eh Athlon?
The broadcasting companies also need him to tell them that 1080p uses less bandwidth than 1080i. ;)

oldsk00l
05-19-05, 12:51 PM
LMAO

Ok, lol, I think he figured out the whole "pwnt" thing. Poor dude, but good for a laugh :D

Gaco
05-19-05, 12:51 PM
The broadcasting companies also need him to tell them that 1080p uses less bandwidth than 1080i. ;)

Surely, if we can figure out a lie, so can they... There must be other reasons :)

six_storm
05-19-05, 02:31 PM
12" fart pipe muffler: 40 HP
Air Filter: 60HP
Stickers: 40HP

Total: 500HP

ROFL!!!! I could really tell a huge difference in my Civic from putting on my AEM and DC Sports stickers . . . seriously.

Vagrant Zero
05-19-05, 06:26 PM
1. The specs are not final

2. It's still too early to tell. Xbox360 is more better in some areas of it's hareware and vice verca.

3. The poll doesn't really surprise me that much. For one, this is a Nvidia-fansite after all, so when people see movies/screens from the two consoles, and some PS3 games immediately looks better, it doesn't take long for us to reach the conclussion that PS3 will own Xbox360 graphicswise, ignoring the fact that we tend to compare rendered games on powerful computers vs. ingame on the Xbox360 alpha-state.

We just still don't know which console will be most powerful. I'm just rationally leaving possibilites open...

I don't understand why people like you use forums in the first. Part of the fun is throwing down the gauntlet, picking a side, and seeing if you were right [that's where this whole Nvidia vs ATI thing comes from in the first place]. Like the NvNews shirts say, where's your pair?

1337_Like_ThaT
05-22-05, 06:50 PM
KillZone has convinced me the PS3 will rise on top

evilchris
05-22-05, 08:50 PM
KillZone has convinced me the PS3 will rise on top

lol! A 6 month in production pre rendered movie did this? Damn, you're easy!

GamerGuyX
05-22-05, 08:58 PM
lol! A 6 month in production pre rendered movie did this? Damn, you're easy!

Thats IF it was pre-rendered. I still don't believe it was.

|MaguS|
05-22-05, 09:09 PM
I don't think it was after seeing the clip at E3 running directly on a HD 70"+ Monitor. You can see some low texture filtering off in the distance during the landing scene.

evilchris
05-22-05, 09:10 PM
Thats IF it was pre-rendered. I still don't believe it was.

The developer said it was. Please see:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/616/616591p1.html

How long ago did work start on the sequence?

Jan-Bart: We started working on it in late November, and only finished it three days before the show, at the very, very last moment!

GamerGuyX
05-22-05, 09:12 PM
The developer said it was.

Well according to SCEA Executive Vice President Jack Tretton the Killzone 2 footage was not pre-rendered.

evilchris
05-22-05, 09:14 PM
Is the Killzone sequence a fair example of what people can expect from realtime gameplay on PlayStation 3?

Jan-Bart: Yeah, it's basically a representation of the look and feel of the game we're trying to make.

It's a pre-rendered trailer dude, nothing more, nothing less. I'm gonna go with the developer over SCEA Executive Vice President Jack Tretton.

It's painfully obviousy to see the dev tactfully avoiding the question.

|MaguS|
05-22-05, 09:18 PM
Um since when does representation mean pre-rendered? They never said it was gameplay, but rather a trailer of how they hope the game will end up. For all we know its a trailer running on the game engine but not gameplay.

Nowhere ANYWHERE does it say if the trailer was pre-rendered or not, IGN AND GAMESPOT have both stated that they do not know since they have not been given a definite answer...

GamerGuyX
05-22-05, 09:18 PM
It's a pre-rendered trailer dude, nothing more, nothing less. I'm gonna go with the developer over SCEA Executive Vice President Jack Tretton .

Why should I believe Jan-Bart over SCEA's Excecutive Vice President? Hell, why should I beleive the SCEA Excecutive Vice President over Jan-Bart? What I'm trying to say is that there are just to many conflicting reports when it comes to the PS3 footage. We'll never truely know until the PS3 comes out. Until then, I'm taking my chances and saying that the Killzone 2 footage was not pre-rendered. This is especially considered what egbtmagus said about the low texture filtering off in the distance.

evilchris
05-22-05, 09:20 PM
They wouldn't run a "trailer on the game engine" on their development boxes dude. A simple trailer which runs on the game engine wouldn't take 6 months to make, and they wouldn't say they "finished" it 3 days before E3. I know you're excited for PS3, that's fine, but quit eating the BS they're shoveling down your throat.

GamerGuyX
05-22-05, 09:21 PM
A simple trailer which runs on the game engine wouldn't take 6 months to make

If they wanted to make it perfect for E3 it would.

evilchris
05-22-05, 09:24 PM
Sony's got you all hook, line, and sinker. =) Mission accomplished. Microsoft and Sony are going to do nothing but hype the **** out of these boxes till release, and if you've been gaming long enough, you'll know that the final products will perform NOWHERE NEAR what's shown in the months leading up to launch.

|MaguS|
05-22-05, 09:30 PM
Oh, Also... Please explain these flaws that do not happen in CGI

Lighting and Shadowing flaw
users.coditel.net/COD11731/kill.wmv

Soldier poping/clipping into the vehicle
users.coditel.net/COD11731/teleport.wmv

Any competent CGI artist wouldn't make such flaws since CGI is done frame by frame and all flaws can easily be seen prior to rendering.

Who said a simple trailer? Plus they needed to write the engine and create the new art... that can take months alone. Look at Unreal, how long do you think it took them just to create the small amount of content they have shown so far? They have been working on the engine alone for over 2 years now...

Just by that comment, I can honestly see that you don't know jack crap about programming or game design... Not every developer is EA who rehashes the same Engine and art, year after year...

GamerGuyX
05-22-05, 09:33 PM
you'll know that the final products will perform NOWHERE NEAR what's shown in the months leading up to launch.

Hmmm. Thats funny because the Xbox certainly did. Can't say the same for the PS2 but thats at least half a chance. Besides, I do know that PS1, PS2, and Xbox provided for some great gaming. So even if you are right and the graphics do end up being crap I will still have great, fun games to play on them.

evilchris
05-22-05, 09:34 PM
I know pre-rendered MOVIES when I see them!

You sure are defensive about a console you DON'T HAVE, have NEVER PLAYED, and is nothing more than a CHASSIS at this point. LOL!

To put so much faith in an ultra-hype E3 presentation is the very definition of a fanboy.

evilchris
05-22-05, 09:36 PM
Hmmm. Thats funny because the Xbox certainly did. Can say the same for the PS2 but thats at least half a chance. Besides, I do know that PS1, PS2, and Xbox provided for some great gaming. So even if you are right and the graphics do end up being crap I will still have great, fun games to play on them.

The Xbox did not. As oldschool pointed out in another thread, remember the robot video? To this day Xbox has no games with graphics/realism of the sort. When shown, it was said it was straight from MechAssault.

No one said crap graphics! I am saying DON'T BE WAITING FOR PRE-RELEASE HYPE GRAPHICS, like Killzone 2!

GamerGuyX
05-22-05, 09:38 PM
No one said crap graphics! I am saying DON'T BE WAITING FOR PRE-RELEASE HYPE GRAPHICS, like Killzone 2!

Why do you keep bringing up graphics? I already told you that even if the graphics weren't as good as what was shown that the games will still be fun. Besides, its not like the graphics will be *bad*. I always get the consoles at or near launch day anyways.

Seriously dude, chill out. Its not like I'm going to stop PC gaming all of a sudden.

evilchris
05-22-05, 09:40 PM
Who said I care about PC gaming? I prefer my Xbox over playing games on the system in my sig.