PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation 3 vs. Xbox 360

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

|MaguS|
05-22-05, 10:41 PM
And your an idiot who has his mind so headup his ass that he can't come to grip that graphics on a console have finally bested anything PCs have yet to accomplish.

Yes, I am a fanboy... I have always been satisfied with my Sony Consoles, both the PSX and PS2 gave me more AAA titles in thier lifetime then my PC has in comparison. As for the final representation of the PS3, YOU KNOW AS MUCH AS US... NOTHING! So stop trying to sound like you are right or know more then us. All we have knowledge from is directly from sony, no one else can say any different since no one else has had an experiance with the console.

What I do know is that the PS3 can run UT2007 better then a 6800U SLI and Xbox360 from comparing what I have seen at E3.

We honestly can't say if PS3 will let us down, but we will know more at TGS this year. Sony always shows its hands there, just like they did with the PS2 when they unvield MGS2 which was a perfect representation that did not let down fans.

I don't see why you even bother posting in a console forum if you so openly dislike them...

GamerGuyX
05-22-05, 10:44 PM
Who said I care about PC gaming? I prefer my Xbox over playing games on the system in my sig.

So what the hell is your problem!? According to you the next Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo system, PC hardware will all suck. Which is it that I should play O' Benevolent One!

evilchris
05-22-05, 10:45 PM
rofl

egbtmagus you're clueless man. If you'd brush up on reading comprehension and lose the RABID FAN OF SONY mentality you'd know I prefer gaming on my Xbox over PC. Calling BS on Killzone has nothing to do with which I prefer. The movie is a polished, pre-rendered package made to "mimic" what they hope the game will look like. If UT 2007 comes out in 2007, btw, PC hardware will be ahead of consoles as per usual. Keep in mind 6800 Ultra launched Summer, 2004.

But since you're a close minded baboon, you assume that since I dislike Sony's hype machine and lies, it means I hate consoles.

evilchris
05-22-05, 10:46 PM
So what the hell is your problem!? According to you the next Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo system, PC hardware will all suck. Which is it that I should play O' Benevolent One!

My problem is Sony's BS E3 presentation that had nothing to do with actual games but movies instead.

GamerGuyX
05-22-05, 10:48 PM
You're clueless man. If you'd brush up reading comprehension and lose the RABID FAN OF SONY mentality

How am I a "rabid fan of Sony" when I want an Xbox 360 just as much, if not more than PS3!? :confused:

evilchris
05-22-05, 10:49 PM
Wasn't for you sorry, I should have quoted/addressed egbtmagus.

gmontem
05-22-05, 10:56 PM
Oh, Also... Please explain these flaws that do not happen in CGI

Lighting and Shadowing flaw
users.coditel.net/COD11731/kill.wmv

Soldier poping/clipping into the vehicle
users.coditel.net/COD11731/teleport.wmv

Any competent CGI artist wouldn't make such flaws since CGI is done frame by frame and all flaws can easily be seen prior to rendering.

Who said a simple trailer? Plus they needed to write the engine and create the new art... that can take months alone. Look at Unreal, how long do you think it took them just to create the small amount of content they have shown so far? They have been working on the engine alone for over 2 years now...

Just by that comment, I can honestly see that you don't know jack crap about programming or game design... Not every developer is EA who rehashes the same Engine and art, year after year...

Usually pre-rendered would mean something that was not done in realtime regardless of quality. Game engines like Serious Sam:SE can be set to render every frame into a bitmap. The fluidity and movement in the Killjoy 2 trailer appears to be consistently smooth and I have doubts that the 6800 SLI could render that sort of complexity in realtime at that framerate. If that is the case then yes the pre-render will have rendering flaws since the game engine in its current state was used to produce the movie and not some app like 3dsmax.

|MaguS|
05-22-05, 11:25 PM
Pre-Rendered movies do not use game engines or any engines, There is no coding invovled in pre-rendering. Just art and script work.

GamerGuyX
05-22-05, 11:44 PM
Hey check it out:

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/8353/Factor-5-Drops-Xbox-360-Support-in-Favor-of-PS3/

gmontem
05-22-05, 11:45 PM
Pre-Rendered movies do not use game engines or any engines, There is no coding invovled in pre-rendering. Just art and script work.

Apps like maya and 3dsmax have rendering engines. Their engines render according to what's defined in the script. That is not at all very different from feeding a game engine a recorded "timedemo".

|MaguS|
05-22-05, 11:55 PM
Um, Yes its very different. The rendering engines in Maya and 3DMax are not realtime. Its all precompiled, the engine does not have to load any resources, once it is compiled and rendered it becomes a movie format that can be ran in a player, not an engine. They only do whats in the script which is dont by stop motion animation.

Take the Doom3 Timedemo, its being run in realtime yet its only a scripted event. The game needs to load the resources for that demo everytime its ran... does your dvd player need to load up resources everytime you watch the movie "Finding Nemo"?

The way a realtime rendered and pre-rendered movie works is alot different, there is alot more going on behind the scenes in a realtime movie then there is in a pre-rendered.

intercede007
05-22-05, 11:55 PM
I never believe anything I see running on Dev Kits anyway. Hell, the XBOX Dev Kit had twice the RAM as the version available to the consumer.

Until somebody shows us the live, running, consumer level product versions of the XBOX 360 and the PS3, everything out of the mouths of both camps is just feces run through the PR mixer. End of story.

|MaguS|
05-22-05, 11:59 PM
Tgs 2005!

NAZCA M12
05-23-05, 01:10 AM
You sure are defensive about a console you DON'T HAVE, have NEVER PLAYED, and is nothing more than a CHASSIS at this point. LOL!

Watch it there...dude because it can easily turn against you. You sure as hell are pretty critical of a console that... what the...

(is being pushed off by steeda)

...a console you DON'T HAVE, have NEVER PLAYED, and is nothing more than a CHASSIS at this point. LOL!

And i think we've all seen Anandtech's pictures about how "ready" the 360 seems to be:

http://www.anandtech.com/tradeshows/showdoc.aspx?i=2420&p=5

I mean looking down at the 7th or 8th pictures etc, well **** me. That's a bulky mofo isn't it? :p Check out the ventilation on the left :udawg: (heh, of course i'm joking here) Dunno only one working box at ATI's booth (or at least the green light's working :D), it doesn't look that ready considering the time frame of its release. But check out that kid on the 6th picture. The guy's so sold it makes the MS reps go "*******, wtf..." :p

evilchris
05-23-05, 01:30 AM
Who said I give a damn about the 360? It's vaporware too. Bashing one console doesn't automatically mean you like the other. They have been both been paper-launched at this point, all the videos shown mean nothing to me as they are pure hype and not representative of the actual product. Console "launches" NEVER are.

|MaguS|
05-23-05, 01:32 AM
Anandtech is incorrect, there were actual xbox 360's running at the show other then the one at ATIs booth. The controllers were wired because MS isn't stupid and would know that a wireless controller would disappear in a matter of mins at the show... Hell last year someone broke into the PS2 display and stole the MGS3 Demo...

evilchris
05-23-05, 01:36 AM
we al know how hard it wuold be too cut a controlar cable! those things = maed of titanium! that must be teh reason egbtmagus!

gmontem
05-23-05, 02:11 AM
Um, Yes its very different. The rendering engines in Maya and 3DMax are not realtime. Its all precompiled, the engine does not have to load any resources, once it is compiled and rendered it becomes a movie format that can be ran in a player, not an engine. They only do whats in the script which is dont by stop motion animation.

Take the Doom3 Timedemo, its being run in realtime yet its only a scripted event. The game needs to load the resources for that demo everytime its ran... does your dvd player need to load up resources everytime you watch the movie "Finding Nemo"?

The way a realtime rendered and pre-rendered movie works is alot different, there is alot more going on behind the scenes in a realtime movie then there is in a pre-rendered.

You seemed to have missed my point in my previous posts that game engines can be modified for offline rendering, e.g. not render in realtime. With that in mind it would be possible to have the game engine render at detail levels that could not be achieved in realtime with the machine they used. Serious Sam: SE is one example of this. My rig cannot render any of their demos at 1080p at a constant 60fps but I can have it prerender bitmaps at that resolution so they can be later put together into a movie. This is the point I was making with the Killjoy 2 movie. I don't believe the current dev machine they're using could render that demo in realtime at what appears to be a high consistent framerate. So the best way to demo their concept would be to have their current build render that stuff offline, render sixty 1080p frames for each second of the movie.

evilchris
05-23-05, 02:12 AM
Read the statement above his avatar gmontem and you have your answer.

gmontem
05-23-05, 02:14 AM
Anandtech is incorrect, there were actual xbox 360's running at the show other then the one at ATIs booth. The controllers were wired because MS isn't stupid and would know that a wireless controller would disappear in a matter of mins at the show... Hell last year someone broke into the PS2 display and stole the MGS3 Demo...
If you read the next page at Anandtech's site titled "An Actual Running Xbox 360 at E3" they mentioned of an actual xbox 360 running at the show but it was running the Ruby demo....

|MaguS|
05-23-05, 02:54 AM
And if you would have read my post that you quoted you would have seen that I mentioned said unit that was located at ATIs Booth...

GamerGuyX
05-23-05, 12:28 PM
Who said I give a damn about the 360? It's vaporware too.

Vaporware!? Your calling a mainstream console like the XBox 360 vapoware!? Man, you may not like the console but that isn't going to stop it from selling millions. You gotta remember, its not always about the hardcore gamer. Mainstream gamers are going to buy these new consoles in droves.

|MaguS|
05-23-05, 12:33 PM
Hardcore gamers are a very small percentage of the population of gamers... Go look up the hardware poll valve took, think like less then 1% had the 6x00 line while most had Geforce MXs.

oldsk00l
05-23-05, 12:43 PM
You seemed to have missed my point in my previous posts that game engines can be modified for offline rendering, e.g. not render in realtime. With that in mind it would be possible to have the game engine render at detail levels that could not be achieved in realtime with the machine they used. Serious Sam: SE is one example of this. My rig cannot render any of their demos at 1080p at a constant 60fps but I can have it prerender bitmaps at that resolution so they can be later put together into a movie. This is the point I was making with the Killjoy 2 movie. I don't believe the current dev machine they're using could render that demo in realtime at what appears to be a high consistent framerate. So the best way to demo their concept would be to have their current build render that stuff offline, render sixty 1080p frames for each second of the movie.

so, your point is???

evilchris
05-23-05, 12:57 PM
Vaporware!? Your calling a mainstream console like the XBox 360 vapoware!? Man, you may not like the console but that isn't going to stop it from selling millions. You gotta remember, its not always about the hardcore gamer. Mainstream gamers are going to buy these new consoles in droves.

It IS VAPORWARE. IT DOESN'T EXIST YET. Something that cannot be purchased and taken home RIGHT NOW is not "mainstream". OMFG man why do you think I am a hardcore gamer? I preordered my 360 with 50$ down at Gamestop already.