PDA

View Full Version : Game Boy Micro

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

LiquidX
05-17-05, 02:39 PM
Interesting Nintendo keeps shrinking these things. Wonder if the price will also shrink. I may get one. :cool:

Nintendo also revealed a new edition of its Game Boy Advance handheld. The Game Boy Micro shrinks the already diminutive Game Boy Advance down further, and still retains the functions of the Game Boy Advance SP. The unit is slightly larger than an iPod mini at four inches wide, two inches tall, and .7 inches deep, and can fit easily into gamer's back pockets.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/17/news_6125078.html

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=11621&stc=1

vX
05-17-05, 02:53 PM
same graphics, same ownage for sony's psp, smaller design....way to go nintendo :thumbdwn:

DaveW
05-17-05, 03:00 PM
Awww how cute... thats all Nintendo is these days, "cute".

oldsk00l
05-17-05, 03:08 PM
(gay)

Looks like a glorified old NES controller with a color screen and a new schema to it.

vX
05-17-05, 03:19 PM
(gay)

Looks like a glorified old NES controller with a color screen and a new schema to it.

lol. u nailed that on the head :D

Dr@Home
05-17-05, 06:55 PM
it looks Ok imo, but what's the big idea behind making a 3rd version of the GBA? a GBA user getting one of these would be like someone with a normal 6800gt getting a 6800gt with passive cooling.

competition is good though :rolleyes:

Riptide
05-17-05, 07:09 PM
Does anyone around here like Nintendo? :D

vX
05-17-05, 07:11 PM
lol, naaaah, not too many 8 year old's on this board... :D :bleh:

Bad_Boy
05-17-05, 07:14 PM
funny they kept bashing microsoft and sony specifically, on that weak conference they had. youd figure theyd be doing a gameboy 2, but no...same old gameboy, just smaller. (like the 20th time they have done so)

seemed like they are still the same nintendo, pushing out more kiddy games, promising us mario melee + other mario re runs :/

killahsin
05-17-05, 07:39 PM
(gay)

i kinda dig that retro look, makes me think nintendo is going back to their roots. MMM a new ninja gaiden game on the revolution and getting to download the old ninja gaiden games = yummy. Hopefully that will come to pass

zoomy942
05-17-05, 08:24 PM
dont ever speak ill of the ninitendo controller. lost are the days of b,a,b,a,up,down,b,a,left,right,b,a,b,a start...:). i like the look of that game boy cause of the retro look. nintendo was the one that really started console gaming, and i am sad to see them loosing ground to sony and ms.

Mr. Hunt
05-18-05, 07:43 PM
i kinda dig that retro look, makes me think nintendo is going back to their roots. MMM a new ninja gaiden game on the revolution and getting to download the old ninja gaiden games = yummy. Hopefully that will come to pass

HAH! I really do not see a Ninja Gaiden coming out on anything other than Xbox (or 360) for a while... Tecmo and the head dude of Team Ninja (team behind DoA and NG games) are in bed with Microsoft... so I really doubt we will see a NG for anything else.

killahsin
05-18-05, 07:45 PM
dont ever speak ill of the ninitendo controller. lost are the days of b,a,b,a,up,down,b,a,left,right,b,a,b,a start...:). i like the look of that game boy cause of the retro look. nintendo was the one that really started console gaming, and i am sad to see them loosing ground to sony and ms.

i thought it was ba ba select start? hmmm
memories all alone in the moooonlight

Vagrant Zero
05-18-05, 08:42 PM
Who cares, there's a basic GBA emulator out there for the PSP.

zoomy942
05-18-05, 09:10 PM
but i get a warm fuzzy from the nintendo controller look :)

and i dont think it will cost $299

LiquidX
05-19-05, 12:08 AM
Office productivity is doomed. :eek:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=11648&stc=1

PikachuMan
05-19-05, 03:21 PM
Who cares, there's a basic GBA emulator out there for the PSP.

Eh? Look at the size of it.
Besides, I'd be crazy to spend $250 on a handheld, this GBA micro is perfect :D

GamerGuyX
05-19-05, 03:24 PM

Actually I think the GBA micro is absolute crap. Oh and it's not crazy to spend $250 on a handheld. You get what you pay for.

UDawg
05-19-05, 03:41 PM
When I first saw this hand held

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=11621

I thought of my old hand held I got back in 82 or something like that. I then thought "CRAP THAT WAS BACK IN 82.
WHAT IS NINTENDO THINKING!"

http://www.ggdb.com/img/ggdb/vol0/5821_1_fs_gm.jpg

Vagrant Zero
05-19-05, 05:51 PM

Are you freaking serious? Some of us spend over a grand on video cards.

GamerGuyX
05-19-05, 07:17 PM
This just in:

Nintendo's own Reggie Fils-Aime has stated that the Game Boy Micro's battery life clock in at around 7-8 hours. :mad:

The interview was conducted on live televsion on G4's E3 coverage event.

PikachuMan
05-19-05, 10:02 PM
Are you freaking serious? Some of us spend over a grand on video cards.

The thing is, I actually use my $400 video card alot, handhelds - not so much. If I really have little use for it, why would I ever spend $250 on one? A cheap, small GBA fits my needs perfectly.

ynnek
05-19-05, 10:24 PM
Nintendo GBA games are fun amusements..

Load up one of those mutligame carts, and throw it in your bag.. and your set if you ever get stuck someplace.

The thing is, I actually use my $400 video card alot, handhelds - not so much. If I really have little use for it, why would I ever spend $250 on one? A cheap, small GBA fits my needs perfectly.

Zelda_fan
05-19-05, 10:34 PM
I don't know, if nintendo can keep the price low enough this could be a huge success. This thing's so small you could put it on a keychain, and it has the power to play gba game nonetheless.

This is actually a good idea. I mean, what kind of loser would take a DS (or PSP, GBA, etc) with them wherever they go? You know how retarted you'd look if you went to the mall and whipped out a DS or PSP (no offence to anyone who has actually done this)? However, I could keychain one of these babies, and mess around with it for a few minutes while I'm waiting for someone WHEREVER I GO. This thing is small enough for this to actually work.

ynnek
05-19-05, 10:40 PM
Exactly! Thats what I hated about my original GBA.. it was just too clunky to haul around.. I couldn't really stuff it in my pocket.

The GBA Advance was smaller, I was tempted to get one though..

If the micro is priced right, I might just pick one up, and a multicart..

I don't know, if nintendo can keep the price low enough this could be a huge success. This thing's so small you could put it on a keychain, and it has the power to play gba game nonetheless.

This is actually a good idea. I mean, what kind of loser would take a DS (or PSP, GBA, etc) with them wherever they go? You know how retarted you'd look if you went to the mall and whipped out a DS or PSP (no offence to anyone who has actually done this)? However, I could keychain one of these babies, and mess around with it for a few minutes while I'm waiting for someone WHEREVER I GO. This thing is small enough for this to actually work.