PDA

View Full Version : Boiling Point Game Looks Sweet!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Veger
05-18-05, 10:33 AM
Boiling Point Game Looks Sweet!!!

Make sure to watch the movies...

http://www.atari.com/boilingpoint/uk/home.htm

The game is like a combination of mercenaries, gta and fps with a seamless world!!! - Only loads once....

PC DVD only... Cannot wait 5/24/05

jolle
05-18-05, 10:37 AM
graphicly it looks a bit dated, not ugly, but not on par with todays "standards"..
Might be good fun nevertheless

Veger
05-18-05, 10:40 AM
graphicly it looks a bit dated, not ugly, but not on par with todays "standards"..
Might be good fun nevertheless

graphics imo do not make a game successful it is the gameplay = is it fun to play. Game looks pretty decent for a seamless world.

jolle
05-18-05, 10:57 AM
I agree, it can still be really fun, like I said..
mediocre looking games with great gameplay > pretty but boring games.

Big seamless worlds kick ass, I still play morrowind (well not REALLY seamless, but almost) which doesnt look to hot by todays standards, fun tho.
Aslong as there are things to do in the big world, and it doesnt get repetative.
Plus we havent gotten many big open games that arent fantasy RPGs for the PC, its due time.
Got big hopes for STALKER, seems to be pretty open and big aswell.

Ill keep a eye on this too.

Blade
05-21-05, 06:03 AM
Shame it runs like the buggiest jerkiest pos ever released, another ATARI (Driv3r) monumental **** up.

BioHazZarD
05-21-05, 09:07 AM
Lol omg have you read some of the bugs this game has ? People with 1GB ram A64+ and highend GFx card gets Crap fps.. windows after 30min complains the pagefile memory is soon empty... crashes ingame... stupid bugs jerky FPS etc etc...

zoomy942
05-21-05, 09:08 AM
Lol omg have you read some of the bugs this game has ? People with 1GB ram A64+ and highend GFx card gets Crap fps.. windows after 30min complains the pagefile memory is soon empty... crashes ingame... stupid bugs jerky FPS etc etc...

uh oh... i dont have a pagefile, so i think i am SOL

Blade
05-21-05, 09:10 AM

I was so looking forward to this game, i should have known better than to buy it on release day, screwed by Atari for the last fkn time, wankers.

I just hope a patch is released soon to fix it or i'll pass it on to the next unlucky schmuck on Ebay.

Am_I_Evil
05-21-05, 09:16 AM
anyone watching 24 this season...

the guy looks just like Marwan....(edit: yes i realize that the guy in the pics for the character is probably that guy)

OWA
05-21-05, 09:44 AM
The graphics do look a bit dated so hopefully they'll have a demo out so I can check out the gameplay aspect first.

Blade
05-21-05, 10:08 AM
The graphics do look a bit dated so hopefully they'll have a demo out so I can check out the gameplay aspect first.

There will be no demo as the game loads entire world only once so to produce a demo they would have to give you the whole map which wont happen, as for buying it i would'nt touch it until it's patched, it runs like crap, looks like crap & is basically crap right now.

OWA
05-21-05, 10:22 AM
Okay, thanks for the info.

DMA
05-21-05, 11:06 AM
it runs like crap, looks like crap & is basically crap right now.

That pretty much sums it up. I think i'll sue Atari for releasing such crap. PC gaming rules...not.

Geordan
05-21-05, 12:55 PM
Looking at the screens, I dunno, but it seems that many of the ultra super unoptimized games seem to have a similar look graphically. As soon I first saw screens for this game I had a feeling it would run like garbage. What do you guys think?

The graphics look coarse and messy... sign of unoptimization? I remember New World Order a couple years ago looked similar, and ran like crap.

-Geordan

SlamDunk
05-21-05, 04:49 PM
There's also two more competitors in this genre...

Just Cause: http://www.eidos.co.uk/gss/justcause/

Pirates Of The XXI Century: http://www.diosoft.com/main.php?tpl=&lng=en

ReDxKiNG
05-23-05, 05:13 PM
The story in this game is awesome, it really makes u want to keep playing. The gameplay is RPG/FPS/Adventure hybrid. U are placed in a massive gameworld (the gameworld is bigger in real terms than the entire Chicago central district btw) and it's up to you to do what you want, and go where you want to go. There are over 10 different factions you can choose to align yourself with, and each faction has totally different missions you can choose to take on.

You can act as a mercenary for either faction to earn $ to help you progress the main storyline quest.

The gfx are just amazing when maxed out (although i don't think there is a PC in existence that can run them maxed out well). The cities and towns in this game are so damn lifelike it's scary, and the level design is extremely believable. Unlike most other games where you feel the city or town has been designed just for the game, the cities/towns in this game feel as if they really could support a thriving populace.

There are heaps and heaps of NPCs. They all go about their business, and have daily schedules. eg, shopowners come out during the day, go home at night. Drunks congregate around taverns during night times. You also make friends on the street, who u can have a drink with at night. Heck, this game even allows you to become an alcoholic, and it simulates 'drunkeness' extremely well.

Travel times between missions can be very very long, especially since i'm going everywhere by foot (some places take 15 - 20 mins just to get to, plus u are traversing through dense jungle so u come across a lot of snakes, jaguars, rats etc and also a lot of native indians, mafia etc).
But that's all part of the immersion. One annoying thing is the government sends out a chopper hunting for u so u constantly have to avoid that

There are some significant flaws however, which I pray will be addressed in a patch. The sound is aweful, most of the sound effects don't play properly unless you have a proper 5.1 setup. The music is crappy and the voice acting is strange. Also, the driving aspect of the game is pretty poor, although it's much more immersive to just go on foot. All in all this game SERIOULY needs a patch but even with the bugs and problems its still awesome.

The game is best described as STALKER meets Far Cry meets GTA/Gothic

It Easily has 100 + hours of gameplay and there are NO load times whatsoever, it only loads everything once and it stays that way similar to that of GTA:SA but about 3 times as big with Full DAY/NIGHT Cycles + RAIN & Fog and LOTS of Vegetation.

sorry, couldn't help myself, but rarely does a game like this come along............

|MaguS|
05-23-05, 05:44 PM
Played the game at E3 and felt like I was going to puke. The graphics look dated... I mean HL1 quality... It was buggy aswell at the show considering that the game is suppose to release soon. Oh and the AI is dumb as ****, I was able to kill normal pedestrians infront of others without a reaction... hell the person I was shooting didn't react...

Darkoz
05-23-05, 11:24 PM
The story in this game is awesome, it really makes u want to keep playing. The gameplay is RPG/FPS/Adventure hybrid. U are placed in a massive gameworld (the gameworld is bigger in real terms than the entire Chicago central district btw) and it's up to you to do what you want, and go where you want to go. There are over 10 different factions you can choose to align yourself with, and each faction has totally different missions you can choose to take on..................

ReDxKiNG......thanks for your mini review.
It's good to finally have someone give a sensible and coherent opinion about this game.

-=DVS=-
05-24-05, 12:14 AM
http://img279.echo.cx/img279/6403/justcause030ed.jpg

Dude this game got some serious eye candy :eek: "Just Cause" More (http://www.eidos.co.uk/gss/justcause/screenshots.html)

|MaguS|
05-24-05, 12:16 AM
Till you actually play it...

Blade
05-24-05, 03:37 AM
Hype it up all you like. you WILL be sadly dissapointed though.

BioHazZarD
05-24-05, 04:06 AM
Sorry but you will never see thoose effects ingame while playing.. i agree game looks like ****.

stubby
05-24-05, 07:56 AM
The story in this game is awesome, it really makes u want to keep playing. The gameplay is RPG/FPS/Adventure hybrid. U are placed in a massive gameworld (the gameworld is bigger in real terms than the entire Chicago central district btw) and it's up to you to do what you want, and go where you want to go. There are over 10 different factions you can choose to align yourself with, and each faction has totally different missions you can choose to take on.

You can act as a mercenary for either faction to earn $ to help you progress the main storyline quest.

The gfx are just amazing when maxed out (although i don't think there is a PC in existence that can run them maxed out well). The cities and towns in this game are so damn lifelike it's scary, and the level design is extremely believable. Unlike most other games where you feel the city or town has been designed just for the game, the cities/towns in this game feel as if they really could support a thriving populace.

There are heaps and heaps of NPCs. They all go about their business, and have daily schedules. eg, shopowners come out during the day, go home at night. Drunks congregate around taverns during night times. You also make friends on the street, who u can have a drink with at night. Heck, this game even allows you to become an alcoholic, and it simulates 'drunkeness' extremely well.

Travel times between missions can be very very long, especially since i'm going everywhere by foot (some places take 15 - 20 mins just to get to, plus u are traversing through dense jungle so u come across a lot of snakes, jaguars, rats etc and also a lot of native indians, mafia etc).
But that's all part of the immersion. One annoying thing is the government sends out a chopper hunting for u so u constantly have to avoid that

There are some significant flaws however, which I pray will be addressed in a patch. The sound is aweful, most of the sound effects don't play properly unless you have a proper 5.1 setup. The music is crappy and the voice acting is strange. Also, the driving aspect of the game is pretty poor, although it's much more immersive to just go on foot. All in all this game SERIOULY needs a patch but even with the bugs and problems its still awesome.

The game is best described as STALKER meets Far Cry meets GTA/Gothic

It Easily has 100 + hours of gameplay and there are NO load times whatsoever, it only loads everything once and it stays that way similar to that of GTA:SA but about 3 times as big with Full DAY/NIGHT Cycles + RAIN & Fog and LOTS of Vegetation.

sorry, couldn't help myself, but rarely does a game like this come along............

it's funny how u copy dumb1's post on raged3d and take credit for it :thumbdwn:

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33816163&page=1

muaddib
05-24-05, 01:34 PM
^^ lol. :(

|MaguS|
05-24-05, 01:36 PM
Maybe he is that poster?