PDA

View Full Version : Can we please get a console sub-forum?

Pages : [1] 2 3

vX
05-20-05, 12:08 PM
I'm tired of seeing xbox 360 this and ps3 that when I come in looking for pc game news and info ;) Not that i wouldnt mind checking in on consoles, but I really think they should get their own sub-forum. How many are with me?

LiquidX
05-20-05, 12:34 PM
I asked but it didnt turn any heads or get a reply from the top dogs.
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50597

E3 is almost over so it will die down soon. :)

saturnotaku
05-20-05, 01:08 PM
Since consoles are where all my gaming is now, I completely agree that a separate forum is warranted.

OWA
05-20-05, 01:16 PM
Yeah, I'd like that as well. It's getting kind of annoying trying to find the PC gaming stuff buried amongst all the console talk. Anyway, hopefully you're right and it'll die down after E3.

Tr1cK
05-20-05, 02:55 PM
I'm tired of seeing xbox 360 this and ps3 that when I come in looking for pc game news and info ;) Not that i wouldnt mind checking in on consoles, but I really think they should get their own sub-forum. How many are with me?

I totally agree.

CaptNKILL
05-20-05, 03:53 PM
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50551
:rolleyes:
1 week after I first suggested it 3\4 of the people here agree... now theres 3 dozen console threads that would need to be moved to the proper forum :p

EDIT: BTW, it will die down after E3, but there are at least 3 major consoles coming out soon so theres still going to be a crap load of console threads here. Seems like common sense to have a console sub forum.

evilchris
05-20-05, 04:26 PM

This is the Gaming Central forum, nowhere does it say " PC Gaming Central "

How about we make PC Gaming sub forum. Console gaming is leagues ahead in popularity.

Edge
05-20-05, 04:39 PM
The problem with a subforum for consoles is that unlike the other subforums, it deals with another platform rather than a type of game. For example, what if I wanted to make a thread about Battlefield 2 or Call of Duty 2...would it go in the general forum or the Console subforum since it's on both? And if it's made in general, then people would still use THAT thread to talk about the console version of the game since it would be pointless to have 2 threads in 2 different forums about the exact same game. Or how about a thread about the Xbox version of Doom 3 or Half-life 2...would those go in the console forum? What's the point of a "Source" and "Doom 3" subforum if not all Doom 3 and Source engine related topics are put in there? Plus handhelds and emulators could be put in either as well.

evilchris
05-20-05, 04:41 PM
I can't believe people are crying about this. Waaahhh I want a forum with ONLY my personal tastes in it. Gaming is gaming is gaming. We can talk about pinball in here if we want, the rules don't mention platform.

If you're "tired" of seeing Xbox threads go cry a river. Just ignore them, sheesh. I ignore the endless of threads about OMFGZ HL2 YO!! IOMFGZ FARCRY 64 BIT PS 4.0!!!!!

Riptide
05-20-05, 04:41 PM

How about we make PC Gaming sub forum. Console gaming is leagues ahead in popularity.
First, you're clearly being outvoted. Check the results of the poll.

Secondly, I don't see pictures of xbox360 and ps3 plastered all over the front page. I do however see 6800 cards everywhere.

There are sites out there devoted entirely to consoles, I'm sure. This one obviously is more PC-centric, and has been probably since it's inception.

evilchris
05-20-05, 04:42 PM
First, you're clearly being outvoted. Check the results of the poll.

Secondly, I don't see pictures of xbox360 and ps3 plastered all over the front page. I do however see 6800 cards everywhere.

There are sites out there devoted entirely to consoles, I'm sure. This one obviously is more PC-centric, and has been probably since it's inception.

This is the gaming forum. It is not the "games which can be played on NVIDIA 6800 cards" forum.

This forum is also not a democracy. The poll was started by someone who is not NVnews staff. It was started by a month old member who is aleady bitching about things so as to make them suit him.

Riptide
05-20-05, 04:43 PM
So what? Looks like most of us disagree.

evilchris
05-20-05, 04:45 PM
So what? Looks like most of us disagree.

I'm sorry Xbox and PS threads dismay you so Riptide, you must have a short fuse.

Sidric
05-20-05, 04:45 PM

?

And why might I ask would we do this on a primarily PC-hardware focused site? Kinda contradicting now wouldn't it?

Personally I'm not for either suggestion. Gaming is gaming. If you don't like the thread then don't read it. Nuff said.

Riptide
05-20-05, 04:46 PM
I'm sorry Xbox and PS threads dismay you so Riptide, you must have a short fuse.
Actually I'm not upset at all about it. I really don't care that much but if given a choice I would prefer things to be tidied up a bit.

And yes I know it's not a democracy, which was completely beside the point.

OWA
05-20-05, 04:47 PM
Yeah, like was mentioned already this is a pc-centric site. There are already plenty of console sites out there for console news and games.

evilchris
05-20-05, 04:48 PM
?

And why might I ask would we do this on a primarily PC-hardware focused site? Kinda contradicting now wouldn't it?

Personally I'm not for either suggestion. Gaming is gaming. If you don't like the thread then don't read it. Nuff said.
This is a *forum* on said site man. Why do we have a POLITICS forum on a hardware site? You don't have to focus on strictly PC hardware in the GAMING forum.

Riptide
05-20-05, 04:50 PM
Christ you guys this is getting ridiculous. Fine be picky about it.

Rename this forum the PC gaming forum and create an entirely separate one called Console gaming. There problem solved.

evilchris
05-20-05, 04:51 PM
Yeah, like was mentioned already this is a pc-centric site. There are already plenty of console sites out there for console news and games.

This is the Gaming Forum.

OWA
It wouldn't be a big deal if they tagged the thread: Console: Call of Duty 2 info or some other tag. That way I could easily ignore all the console threads. As it stands now, I get excited about some thread topic, go to check it only to find it's another console gaming thread. Lately, finding the PC news has meant going to page 2 b/c of all the console threads cluttering the forum. I just think, if it continues, there should be either a console sub-forum or a PC sub-forum just to make it easier to find what you're interested in. If all this dies down after E3, then it's a moot point I guess.

evilchris
Christ you guys this is getting ridiculous. Fine be picky about it.

Rename this forum the PC gaming forum and create an entirely separate one called Console gaming. There problem solved.
Just for whiny girls who can't *possibly* scim past threads they aren't into?

Riptide
05-20-05, 04:53 PM
Just for whiny girls who can't *possibly* scim past threads they aren't into?
Oh for crying out loud. They already have sub forums devoted entirely to A SINGLE FRICKING GAME.

So maybe in your opinion the mods are whiny girls to then because they created that sub forum? :rolleyes:

OWA
05-20-05, 04:56 PM
This is the Gaming Forum.
Then why have a Source sub-forum or a Doom 3 sub-forum or a MMORPG forum. In fact, why bother separating any of the forums. Just have a huge collection of threads.

Why is it so wrong to have a little organization to help speed browsing.

evilchris
05-20-05, 04:59 PM
Lets just have 500 forums, that REALLY speeds browsing if you aren't narrow minded and can only read about one thing at a time! That would be great to have to browse 30 forums to read about one subject: gaming.

Riptide
05-20-05, 05:03 PM
Lets just have 500 forums, that REALLY speeds browsing if you aren't narrow minded and can only read about one thing at a time! That would be great to have to browse 30 forums to read about one subject: gaming.
Like I said, in this particular matter you're outnumbered.

Looks to me like you're the one doing the :cry: now.