View Full Version : So according to IGN xbox360 more powerful than ps3

Mr_LoL
05-21-05, 01:44 PM
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p2.html
What do you guys think about that article

oops close thread

kev13dd
05-21-05, 05:02 PM
I did my best to understand most of that...

I still think that there are variables that IGN didn't notice. I don't know what exactly, but some of their stats just seem to lean wayyyyyyy too much to the X360

K

Vagrant Zero
05-21-05, 06:49 PM
I think if you asked the PS3 IGN guys they'd tell you the PS3 is more powerful.

But to be perfectly blunt, no one at IGN is really a techie. Have you read some of the video card reviews? They're an exercise in containing your laughter.

Viral
05-21-05, 11:19 PM
No, that's microsofts oppinion. If you'd read the entire article that much would have been clear.

Zelda_fan
05-22-05, 12:28 AM
to be honest I think both consoles have plenty of power to do what they need. It's gonna come down to individual games on the system.

Nv40
05-22-05, 12:28 AM
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p2.html
What do you guys think about that article

oops close thread

ALmost 90% of the article is wrong... Hard to to know where to start..They got it right in very rare cases.. Simply look at Microsoft campaing.. they prase that GAmes is what matters .. SOny praise the power of their console. Nintendo in the other hand they praise wireless and creativity new ways of gaming... Just looks at what they praise and you will see Truth.. :)

in the Fx times.. Nvidia praised the features and ATi their Dx9 performance for comparison. ;)

oldsk00l
05-22-05, 10:52 AM
what a dumb article

As Vagrant said, the difficulty in containing laughter is exposing itself here in legion.

OWA
05-22-05, 12:18 PM
to be honest I think both consoles have plenty of power to do what they need. It's gonna come down to individual games on the system.
Yeah, that's what I think to a certain degree. If it's just comparing specs on paper and one is less powerful than the other, then I don't think it'll matter much. It'll just be the games on each that determine sales. But, if the PS3 is released a lot later than the Xbox 360 and doesn't improve on the graphics, etc. I think that would be a mistake and could hurt sales somewhat. If you're going to release later than your competitor, I think things should be improved so that the wait was worthwhile.

Ruined
05-22-05, 01:07 PM
xbox360 and ps3 offer similar power. anyone who tells you otherwise either way is pulling one over on you.

Vagrant Zero
05-22-05, 01:11 PM
xbox360 and ps3 offer similar power. anyone who tells you otherwise either way is pulling one over on you.

Much in the same way the X800Pro offers similar power to the GT.

Ruined
05-22-05, 01:18 PM
Much in the same way the X800Pro offers similar power to the GT.

well, more like the x800xl and the 6800GT, except in this case the ati r500 core in the xbox360 has more features than the g70 core in the PS3. So I'd say comparitively the xbox360 is like the next gen 6800GT while the PS3 is like the next gen x800xl. They both have similar power, but the xbox360 has more features. In the end though I think both will look similar, at best the difference between xbox and gamecube, probably with x360 with the edge since it looks easier to get the full potential out of.

intercede007
05-22-05, 05:58 PM
The first generation of games is going to come down to which hardware vendor can get the best SDK out to their tier ones sooner. Right now the XBOX 360 Dev Kit is in the Alpha stage...which doesn't give me all that much confidence in the games that will be available in November. Even Halo 3 will probably take until Spring.

From what I've read, the PS3 Dev Kit is a little further along. Good for them, bad for Microsoft.

Nv40
05-22-05, 11:18 PM

there is a developer already who have devkits of both.. and that was on record saying the PS3 is "insanely powerfull" more than the X360. Another hint about the performance of the 360 is the fact have heard 2x times TIm swenney saying UT2k7 version in the Xbox360 will be a lowered version of the max quality mode in the PC . He never says anything about the PS3 for comparison when it comes to lowered version.. in fact the UT2k7 was running in real time at E3 in the PS3 and that was without the help of CELL.. wich have many processors.. just the IBM main cpu and 2 geforce6800u in sli. And EPic was extremely excited about PS3..only mentions the X360 later ,like if it were saying is "great console"..

I will buy both the Xbox360 and the Ps3 btw.. just that is not dificult to observe whats going on.

evilchris
05-23-05, 12:34 AM
LOL PS3 ruals dude! didn't U see teh kilzone video? mey brother's girlfriends brothar works for soney and he says it was actual gameplaey lol!!!! omg!!!! teh ps3 has 1 more jiggaflop than xbox which we al know means bettar graphics!!!! plsu we al know that e3 presentations = teh truth!!!!

Mr_LoL
05-23-05, 05:23 AM
Whoever designed that PS3 controller should be locked up in a gas chamber and gassed to death. Its horrible.

clickart
05-23-05, 09:24 AM
LOL PS3 ruals dude! didn't U see teh kilzone video? mey brother's girlfriends brothar works for soney and he says it was actual gameplaey lol!!!!

It was not real time gameplay. It just a video created by sony. lol

MUYA
05-23-05, 09:28 AM
I think if you look at Steeda's pat posts Clickart, you will find that what he posted was a "pi$$ take" as they say in ole blighty.