PDA

View Full Version : Killzone for PS2 . . . Have You Played It?

six_storm
05-21-05, 03:21 PM
Hello. With all of this hype over the next gen consoles (yes I'm very excited too), one game comes to mind (more than others). Killzone. Was it real or was it not? Well, I'm pulling the opinions on that subject aside and asking a different question no one else is asking. Have you played the original Killzone for PS2? What are your comments on that?

I recently got a job at my local Blockbuster and decided to try it out. This game is pretty cool. I guess I'll just give one pro and one con to shorten up my spill.

Pro - Realism factor. The movement in this game is one like I haven't seen in any other. Running, climbing over objects and climbing up ladders have a very realistic factor to them. I wish I could capture some footage for you guys to show you what I'm talking about but I can't. Check it out sometime if you can.

Con - Obvously, the PS2's major flaw, GRAPHICS. The graphics aren't solid at all. Talk about ATTACK OF THE JAGGYS!!!

All in all, I just haven't seen anybody talk about Killzone for the PS2 and I figured I would try it out for myself. It's definitly worth renting and checking out, especially if you are waiting around to buy KZ2 for the PS3. What are your thoughts?

Bad_Boy
05-21-05, 06:10 PM
yeah i agree with pretty much everything you said, graphics are not top notch, everything else was pretty good. though i would love to use a mouse and keyboard in killzone :p i think killzone is really underrated.

GamerGuyX
05-21-05, 07:03 PM
The biggest problems I had with Killzone was that there was no jump button! I mean come on! Also, the animations were kinda glitchy.

Gaco
05-21-05, 07:15 PM
I heard that KZ for PS2 should have a really poor framerate.. is this true?

six_storm
05-22-05, 01:44 AM
The biggest problems I had with Killzone was that there was no jump button! I mean come on! Also, the animations were kinda glitchy.

Yeah, I wanted a jump button too.

I heard that KZ for PS2 should have a really poor framerate.. is this true?

Yeah, when you have a bunch of characters in view. But I've heard that the PS2 has a real problem with the CPU and GPU communicating with each other and therefore is a performance problem.

Knot3D
05-22-05, 07:34 AM
I only tried a demo in a gameshop. I couldn't get used to the controls :(

I was thinking ; why can GoldenEye (N64) get the console controls right
and this game not ?

About the jaggies ; artistically the game still looks very nice imo.

|MaguS|
05-22-05, 07:38 AM
I thought the jaggies aided in the graphics honestly, If the game was all sharp and clear it would have looked too clean... I love the grity dirty look that the low res graphics produced. Games like COD and MOH make war look brutal but the enviroments and atmosphere are always sharp and clean... never gritty like how war is.

I got use to the controls, they aren't the best but far from the worse.

My favorite thing is the animation for your model, I love how you jump over ledges and reload the rifle.

Mr. Hunt
05-22-05, 10:48 AM
I enjoyed it... my only problem with the game was that it was on PS2.... and I hate using a controller for FPS games :(.

GamerGuyX
05-22-05, 12:07 PM
I was thinking ; why can GoldenEye (N64) get the console controls right
and this game not ?

What!? Hell no man. I hated GoldenEye's controls. Especially compared to the way FPS like Halo control on consoles.

Ruined
05-22-05, 02:22 PM
I thought killzone was weak compared to Halo 2 (had to make the comparison), both in gameplay and graphics. I'm getting both x360 and PS3 (x360 first) since i have tons of xbx and ps2 games so I will probably check out KZ2, but I assume the gameplay probably won't touch Halo3 even if the graphics can.

Mr_LoL
05-23-05, 05:43 PM
Killzone 2 is probably still gonna be crap but playing with that controller will be terrible.

six_storm
05-24-05, 12:53 AM
What!? Hell no man. I hated GoldenEye's controls. Especially compared to the way FPS like Halo control on consoles.

Yeah, I didn't like the defaults for that game either. Where everyone used the Z button to fire, I used A. Boo yah grandma!