PDA

View Full Version : Motherboard Bios

Cornmuffen
05-22-05, 05:00 PM
I got new memroy from Corsair and they wanted me to set bios defulta and set the timings manually but if i reset the bios im affraid my raid config will be lost.

I have the P4P800 Deluxe mobo with serail ata and the board uses the intel raid controller set in the ide nd auto detect area of bios not an add in card.If i reset my bios and re add the raid and reset my raid up through the utility raid 0 making two drivers on large drive will my data be ok or boot up windows xp?

I read people flashing their bios and haveing to reinstall their os just because their raid setup was lost and they rebuilt it and got NTLDR errors.

jAkUp
05-22-05, 05:06 PM
Just set it back to RAID 0 in the BIOS and you should have no issues.

Cornmuffen
05-22-05, 05:48 PM
I did that and took the chance with resetting the bios. I did and set things the way they were and i can boot into windows xp just fine but after the raid status is displayed and shows my drivers as one drive their is a delay for awhile and a white bar drwas accross the bottom of the screen kinda like windows 2000 did when it starts adn than get the xp splash screen and im in widnwos is this ok or is the a delay in bootup know cuz of reseting the bios.

Cornmuffen
05-23-05, 07:21 PM
ANY idea

Holy Smoke
05-24-05, 06:28 PM
That white bar has always been drawn on every comp I've had since xp was released. You probably either just didn't notice it before, or your comp just went too fast past it for the screen to display it. Either way, if your comp is otherwise fine I wouldn't worry about it.

Cornmuffen
05-25-05, 07:25 PM
Windows xp boots fine it just takes so long know in black screen before the xp splash screen comes up all i did was reset bios defulta and set them to my config like before and my raid stripe setup is fine still says active and working but know takes long to boot and didn't do that before i reset bios for new memory i have installed.

I thought it may need the fixboot repair in windows xp cd but that didn't help and my bios is set the exact same way as before and Windows XP slash screen always poped up right after raid volume is displayed and now i have to wait 15 to 20 seconds to get windows to come up.

anyone know why ASUS says its the memory but thats set according to Corsiar so im ok their.

Cornmuffen
05-27-05, 07:37 PM
No Clue? ASUS either