PDA

View Full Version : New Quake IV Screenies! Looking good.

Acid Rain
05-23-05, 06:43 PM
Check em out: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/quake4/screenindex.html

It's shaping up nicely. Hopefully it doesn't get delayed.

OWA
05-23-05, 06:56 PM
Yep, lookin' good and yeah, it better not get delayed. :)

CaptNKILL
05-23-05, 07:01 PM
damn, i saw those a few days ago... but yeah, its looking good.

vX
05-24-05, 09:21 AM
Oh come now, you know it will be delayed, every pc game that has had any publicity has been delayed. There's no way I can see this getting out by November, especially since they decided to change the mp portions of the game to a more quake 3 arena style. I can just see it now, wake up early one day soon and read this from your fav. news site.....

ID/Raven Software has announced Quake 4 will be slipping from it's original November release date to Q2 06. " We want to ensure the gamer's get the bext experience out of the box, and we feel the multiplayer can use more tlc, we hope everyone understands, and we can't wait for you to play it!"

It'll happen you'll see. =/

Bad_Boy
05-24-05, 09:24 AM
I dont think doom3 got delayed.

im not sure if im liking quake4 more or enemy territory: QW's more. QW's seems to have the gameplay i want, cause i loved enemy territory. but i also played quake3 with a passion so we will see :P

DaveW
05-24-05, 09:52 AM
Oh come now, you know it will be delayed, every pc game that has had any publicity has been delayed. There's no way I can see this getting out by November, especially since they decided to change the mp portions of the game to a more quake 3 arena style. I can just see it now, wake up early one day soon and read this from your fav. news site.....

ID/Raven Software has announced Quake 4 will be slipping from it's original November release date to Q2 06. " We want to ensure the gamer's get the bext experience out of the box, and we feel the multiplayer can use more tlc, we hope everyone understands, and we can't wait for you to play it!"

No doubt, and "Q2" means that it will go gold on the last day of June, so it'll be July before we see it.

|JuiceZ|
05-24-05, 10:45 AM

Yup, it'll happen.

Gabrobot
05-24-05, 09:53 PM

I disagree...Raven's developing Quake IV, and they have a very good record when in comes to release dates. Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy were both finished right spot on time...in fact, Jedi Academy was actually finished a month ahead of schedule. I have great confidence that Raven will get Quake IV done this year.

911medic
05-25-05, 11:58 PM
I dont think doom3 got delayed.Probably because all they ever said was "It'll be done when it's done." :D

Acid Rain
05-26-05, 04:18 PM
Probably because all they ever said was "It'll be done when it's done." :DWhich is a tactic I openly applaud. Too many games have slipped release dates, and still been forced out the door totally incomplete.

I prefer iD's method by a long shot, as it was released "When it was done", and didn't really need any patching whatsoever, at least not that I could tell. The game was platinum stable out of the box.

Raven is a good, now proven company, so I am sure that it'll at least be stable when it's available at retail. I just hope it doesn't get delayed too badly, if at all.