PDA

View Full Version : Boiling Point Road To Hell = No Sli

Pages : [1] 2

lowdog
05-23-05, 11:07 PM
Can't get sli working with this game, tried forcing SFR and AFR in the driver control panel with no result except that SFR was giving some graphical anomalies. Load balancing in the game showed nothing.

Am I doing somthing wrong, can sli be forced to work in this game???? :confused:

|MaguS|
05-23-05, 11:15 PM
Game hasn't released in the states as of yet so can't help ya...

lowdog
05-25-05, 11:57 PM
Anyone got the game yet who can see if they can get sli working. ;)

I was under the impression that you could FORCE sli in any game yet it doesn't appear to be the case with BP......anyone?, any info?

Darkoz
05-26-05, 05:16 AM
Anyone got the game yet who can see if they can get sli working. ;)

I was under the impression that you could FORCE sli in any game yet it doesn't appear to be the case with BP......anyone?, any info?

From what I understand lowdog, the game has to support SLI and can't be forced if it doesn't support it.

By the way........does the patch make any improvements to the game?.......

ChrisRay
05-26-05, 05:43 AM
From what I understand lowdog, the game has to support SLI and can't be forced if it doesn't support it.

By the way........does the patch make any improvements to the game?.......

That would be wrong. A game can have SLI forced upon it. But theres no gaurentee of compatibility.

lowdog
05-26-05, 04:54 PM
That would be wrong. A game can have SLI forced upon it. But theres no gaurentee of compatibility.

I'v tried forcing sli using both SFR and ARF and neither gives an increase in preformance. :confused:

lowdog
05-26-05, 04:57 PM
does the patch make any improvements to the game?.......

Don't realy know. the patch installed but I kept getting messages throughout the instalation about older files not being found or somthing or other and had to keep prompting it to continue and it said the game was updated....so I don't know.?

SH64
05-26-05, 05:01 PM
I just got the game today & i can confirm it doesnt work in SLI.
AFR/AFR2 gave graphical anomilies & SFR works but with no performance increase .. it would even decrease your performance a bit. so stick to single GPU until god answer our prayers to support this crappy performance game with SLI.

lowdog
05-26-05, 06:36 PM
What has to happen to enable support for sli in this game :confused:

Is it up to nVidia or Deep Shadows???

SH64
05-26-05, 06:44 PM
What has to happen to enable support for sli in this game :confused:

Is it up to nVidia or Deep Shadows???

nVIDIA is willing to support every game with SLI , but of course that takes time to teach the game desginers of the way for implementing SLI in thier games.
some games though would never made that support for different reasons.

i believe Boiling Point or "Xenus" was in development way before the 6800 intorduction so its not a surprise to see it not working in SLI , but i'd really appriciate to see this game among all other games supporting SLI.

lowdog
05-26-05, 07:23 PM
Most games that have come out recently were in development before the 6800's introduction yet sli works with those games.

So what exactly are you implying?

That the game devs need to code something into the engine that supports sli, if thats the case I don't know if that is right or not.

Or does nVidia need to do something in drivers to enable a specific game? if so then how does the forcing of sli work then.

Man I'm :confused: about all this. Sli should be able to be forced to work, otherwise what is the value of sli at all if it can't be used in games.

SH64
05-26-05, 07:38 PM
Most games that have come out recently were in development before the 6800's introduction yet sli works with those games.

So what exactly are you implying?

That the game devs need to code something into the engine that supports sli, if thats the case I don't know if that is right or not.

Or does nVidia need to do something in drivers to enable a specific game? if so then how does the forcing of sli work then.

Man I'm :confused: about all this. Sli should be able to be forced to work, otherwise what is the value of sli at all if it can't be used in games.

i was implying that since its old in development .. it might take time to get the SLI bless .. i hope!
yeah the graphics engine need to be coded in order to run in SLI .. its not just like a switch that you turn on or off .. it needs some serious work to get done.
what have you done was actually forcing it , but that will have no effect because its not SLI supported. so forcing it might bring even more negative performance or graphical errors .

lowdog
05-26-05, 07:42 PM
Well for example lets look at Never Winter Nights now this game works with sli yet it is an old game that came out way before sli was even heard of. How is it possible that sli was implemented with that game by the devs when that were creating it if sli was not even a known standard at the time. :)

lowdog
05-26-05, 07:44 PM

Where does the responsibility of compatability lie, with nVidia or with the game devs?

SH64
05-26-05, 07:48 PM
Well for example lets look at Never Winter Nights now this game works with sli yet it is an old game that came out way before sli was even heard of. How is it possible that sli was implemented with that game by the devs when that were creating it if sli was not even a known standard at the time. :)

Some engines are easier to code than others & remember that nvidia had the SLI plan long time before the announcment so they should have been testing it on the older games ;)

macachia
05-27-05, 04:51 AM
any idea if pariah is supported under sli mode pls? thx :)

ChrisRay
05-27-05, 05:16 AM
Where does the responsibility of compatability lie, with nVidia or with the game devs?

Both. Some games are just not SLI friendly due to various reasons. AFR has issues with games that prerender a second frame for instance. This is just an area where SLI will fail. This can be fixed with a little dev intervention though. Theres also render to texture scenerios where the RTT has to be rendered twice. Some RTT can be compromised with AFR 2. But theres no gaurentee SLI will work with every game. There are some issues which SLI will always have compatibility issues with.

Also if the game is limited by the CPU subsystem. Then more Graphic Rendering power is not going to help it. Nvidia does seem to be working with devs with more recent games trying to make them more SLI friendly. Even some MMORPGs have slowly become SLI compatible.

lowdog
05-27-05, 05:25 AM
Ok, thanks for that info Cris.

Hopefully the future of sli will look more rosey wih more of the new games coming out. :D

JimBobb
05-27-05, 09:31 AM
any idea if pariah is supported under sli mode pls? thx :)

Yes with AFR2 works great.
You must before in the pariah.cfg or ini
ReduceMouselag from "True" to "False" switch than works nice.

SH64
05-27-05, 05:12 PM
Yes with AFR2 works great.
You must before in the pariah.cfg or ini
ReduceMouselag from "True" to "False" switch than works nice.

Which drivers are you using ??
as far as i experianced Pariah does not work in SLI wether its AFR,AFR2 or SFR.

JimBobb
05-27-05, 05:21 PM
Which drivers are you using ??
as far as i experianced Pariah does not work in SLI wether its AFR,AFR2 or SFR.

I use 71.84 for Win32 XP and 76.71 for Win64

Works really great with SLI @1600x1200 16xAF HQ with over 60 fps
you must in the game.cfg
ReduceMouseLag from True to False!

SH64
05-27-05, 05:27 PM
I use 71.84 for Win32 XP and 76.71 for Win64

Works really great with SLI @1600x1200 16xAF HQ with over 60 fps
you must in the game.cfg
ReduceMouseLag from True to False!

But what the mouse lag option has to do with SLI ???
strange i tried Pariah on 71.89 but i didnt get SLI to work .. i guess i'll investgate further more then.

JimBobb
05-27-05, 06:14 PM
http://img279.echo.cx/img279/9080/pariah2bf.jpg
http://img185.echo.cx/img185/6313/pariah24ze.jpg

Here you can see , it works!

My Profile:

<PROFILE Label="Pariah">
<APPLICATION Label="Pariah.exe"/>
<PROPERTY Label="aa_default" Value="0"/>
<PROPERTY Label="af_default" Value="10000010"/>
<PROPERTY Label="multichip_rendering_mode" Value="400001"/>
<PROPERTY Label="image_settings" Value="fffffff6"/>

SH64
05-27-05, 07:19 PM
http://img279.echo.cx/img279/9080/pariah2bf.jpg
http://img185.echo.cx/img185/6313/pariah24ze.jpg

Here you can see , it works!

My Profile:

<PROFILE Label="Pariah">
<APPLICATION Label="Pariah.exe"/>
<PROPERTY Label="aa_default" Value="0"/>
<PROPERTY Label="af_default" Value="10000010"/>
<PROPERTY Label="multichip_rendering_mode" Value="400001"/>
<PROPERTY Label="image_settings" Value="fffffff6"/>

Thanks for the info Jim .. i'll investgate that & report back.
by the way i'm using the SP demo not the retail game .. could that make a difference perhaps ?? hmm..
also did you make sure that "UseTrilinear=True" in Pariah.ini ??

macachia
05-27-05, 07:53 PM
i can confirm that with afr2 and the mouselag option, sli works perfectly, getting roughlt 130fps on the second level at the benning, disabling sli gives me 90ish, enabled SFR gives me 68fps constant

roll on afr2 :)