PDA

View Full Version : Quick overclocking question

XP_GUN
05-24-05, 12:16 AM
Right now im at 3.23Ghz on my 3.0 Ghz P4 when should I increase overclocking voltage on the thing, Its not locking up on my or having heating issues yet.

Should I keep on bumping it up until it starts to lock up on me and then increase the voltage?

|MaguS|
05-24-05, 12:18 AM
Keeping increasing your clocks till you get reboots and lockups, then increase voltage and continue going up untill you get reboots and lockups again. Make sure you have good cooling for the speed your trying to achieve.

XP_GUN
05-24-05, 12:19 AM
Its Water cooled, thanks for the fast reply ill keep on bumping it up until then but as I do this how much should I increase the voltage at a time?

Also Ive learnd that 1.7v is the highest I should go, well thats from a 2.5ghz

XP_GUN
05-24-05, 12:31 AM
ok I got it up to 3.3ghz and had nalu crash and internet explore close itself.

XP_GUN
05-24-05, 12:47 AM
ok I bumped it up to a stable 3.3Ghz at 1.6000V

XP_GUN
05-24-05, 12:52 AM
ok im at now 3.30Ghz with 1.6250V and seems to be running stable, I had it on 1.6000V but crashed in explore but passed in nalu

Edit It just did a computer shut down on me so I guess that it still needs some voltage, im stoping right now until some one gives be a pointer, just because I dont know how far to take it.

|MaguS|
05-24-05, 01:08 AM
remember to check your temps also and do stress tests when you think your stable... It's better to have a lower clock with decent/low temps then to have a higher clock with too high temps.

I don't know much about P4s OCing so I can't really recommend on voltage...

evilchris
05-24-05, 01:25 AM
XP_GUN what are you expecting to gain from this?

XP_GUN
05-24-05, 01:32 AM
More so of the project, I spent alot of money on this stuff and yes im happy but just need some help with the info part that you guys have done before. ;) I was hoping for like 3.5Ghz or 3.6Ghz

Its just really just showing what watercooling can do. :) My temps are in the green and just wish to push it harder with a bit of safty by "not putting to meny volts that will kill the thing.

XP_GUN
05-24-05, 06:17 PM
Bumped, anyone that had or have a overclocked P4

CaptNKILL
05-24-05, 06:41 PM
Keeping increasing your clocks till you get reboots and lockups, then increase voltage and continue going up untill you get reboots and lockups again. Make sure you have good cooling for the speed your trying to achieve.
Hey, why did you change your user name? And HOW did you do it? :p