PDA

View Full Version : Doom3 patch 1.3 available !

Pages : [1] 2 3

SH64
05-24-05, 06:26 PM
http://www.worthdownloading.com/download.php?gid=119&id=4392

Fixes & Updates in 1.3:

- PunkBuster(TM) support has been added.
- EAX(R) ADVANCED HD(TM) support in the sound engine contributed by Creative Labs(R). Doom 3 base game comes with room reverb data.
- To utilize EAX(R) ADVANCED HD(TM) in Doom 3, you must have 100% EAX 4.0 compatible sound card. Please refer to your sound card manufacturer for details on whether or not your sound card supports EAX 4.0.
- Sound Blaster(R) Audigy(R) 2 users who wish to utilize the new EAX 4.0 feature in Doom 3 should download the latest Creative Beta Drivers for the card released on April 5th, 2005. Not using these drivers may result in game instability while using EAX 4.0.
- Server provides .pk4 file download URLs (http/ftp), client has internal download.
- New class of .pk4 files: 'addon paks' are only referenced when the map is loaded in.
- .pk4 downloads and addon paks come with a number of fixes to the 'pure server mode' filesystem code.
- Fixed ragdoll bounciness.
- Fixed how Doom 3 detects LAN client vs. Internet clients.
- LZW compression of render demos.
- Fixed command line parameter passing.
- Added a QuakeIII-style graph of the connection quality for network clients
defaults off, enable with net_clientLagOMeter 1
displays a graph of how much the client predicts ahead of the server
note that you can change the minimum predict ahead of a client by setting net_clientPrediction

BioHazZarD
05-24-05, 06:48 PM
and WTF is DB shotgun i thought they were gonna add it to doom3 ? :(

Riptide
05-24-05, 06:55 PM
Hrm... wondering if the problems are fixed with stuttering in this game. Or is that a video driver issue..?

Elderblaze
05-24-05, 07:14 PM
hmm never had any stuttering issues in Doom 3 with a 6800 GT. Not with 61.xx drivers and version 1 of the software, and never since.

OWA
05-24-05, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the info! I guess I'll download the beta SB drivers as well although I hate to mess with my setup since it has been working so well. I can't decide if EAX support is worth it.

Riptide
05-24-05, 07:33 PM
I'm thinking the stuttering problem might be an ATI driver issue. So I doubt this patch will fix it for me. Worth a try anyway though.

OWA
05-24-05, 07:51 PM
In Doom 3, I don't really remember any problems. In RoE, performance was a lot lower in several areas. Are you just talking about low-framerates or are D3 and RoE actually stuttering?

Killall
05-24-05, 07:57 PM
Using 4.0 EAX with the new beta drivers but gotta say it sounds bad.. Everything sounds way to hollow and all the sounds sound less clearly (probably cause of the hollowy sound).. and that lagometer is very annoying as well.. turn it off by typing net_clientLagOMeter 0.

This patch didnt improve fps at all, no new mp maps.. What more can i say.. it aint a great patch imo. O well, better than nothing.

anzak
05-24-05, 09:10 PM
Downloading now. Im gonna give Doom 3 another shot now that school is out.

Acid Rain
05-24-05, 09:15 PM
Hrm... wondering if the problems are fixed with stuttering in this game. Or is that a video driver issue..?I have never had stuttering of any sort with my system and Doom 3, or at least not on high quality. Now it'll even run Ultra Quality without hitching for some reason. I've run it on 61.77s on up to the current 71.89 officials. D3 unpatched or patched, no stuttering ever. Just great performance and rock solid stable from day one.

Your stuttering must have something to do with you being a total n00b..err..I mean it must be an ATi specific issue :p

Riptide
05-24-05, 09:28 PM
It could be an ATI specific issue. I've seen it reproduced first hand on a friend's computer (3500+, 1GB RAM, X800XTPE) and there is also mention of it in the known issues list for the latest Catalyst. Hopefully they'll get it sorted out soon in any case.

holmes
05-24-05, 09:46 PM
The 1.3 patch now supports Doom3 RoE in LINUX ... Get em here:

http://zerowing.idsoftware.com/linux/doom/

thanks fellas!
:D

Pandora's Box
05-24-05, 10:31 PM
Using 4.0 EAX with the new beta drivers but gotta say it sounds bad.. Everything sounds way to hollow and all the sounds sound less clearly (probably cause of the hollowy sound).. and that lagometer is very annoying as well.. turn it off by typing net_clientLagOMeter 0.

This patch didnt improve fps at all, no new mp maps.. What more can i say.. it aint a great patch imo. O well, better than nothing.

this hollow sound your talking about: its just the environment your in (character in game) moving into different areas of the game gives different feel to the sound.

Pandora's Box
05-24-05, 11:47 PM
ok after playing doom 3 for a bit im really liking eax 4. its amazing! adds soo much feel to the game!

crainger
05-25-05, 01:43 AM

I agree, the EAX implementation is very bad. It makes everything very hollow, and the way the sound will sharp jump as you enter a small room with a lot of machinery, instead of getting louder as you approach really kills the immersiveness.

Oh well, I haven't yet played RoE yet, its possible that its better in that, perhaps it was made from the ground up to include EAX.

GlowStick
05-25-05, 01:43 AM
Woot, cant wait for Linux RoE CTF servers!

Superfly
05-25-05, 03:38 AM
I get a message saying OpenAL is not installed when enabling EAX?? - it allows me to do it though.

I do have the BETA Audigy driver installed so no idea why I get that message - might try re-installing the driver after work.

ATI_Dude
05-25-05, 05:12 AM
I get a message saying OpenAL is not installed when enabling EAX?? - it allows me to do it though.

I do have the BETA Audigy driver installed so no idea why I get that message - might try re-installing the driver after work.

Check if the following files are present in the Windows/system32 directory:

1. OpenAL32.dll (OpenAL "router")
2. ct_oal.dll (Creative OpenAL implementation library)
3. wrap_oal.dll (DirectSound3D wrapper)

The first two files are essential and if either is missing you must reinstall OpenAL. If ct_oal.dll is still missing you must manually copy it over from the unpacked Audigy beta drivers.

Superfly
05-25-05, 06:17 AM
thanks mate - ill check it out @ lunchtime.

Superfly
05-25-05, 07:43 AM
Ok well OpenAl32.dll was missing - I uninstalled the driver - ran driver cleaner and then re-insttaled it and all is fine now.

zafarsaand
05-25-05, 08:00 AM
i m getting 1628 error. wat i m doing wrong? do i have to reintall doom 3?

Superfly
05-25-05, 08:13 AM
when do you get that error? - during install of the patch or when trying to run the game??

no you dont need to re-install doom3, going from my experience you might have to re-install the beta drivers though.

zafarsaand
05-25-05, 08:18 AM
i m getting this error during instaltion.

Superfly
05-25-05, 08:22 AM
I would re-download the patch from another site - sounds like a corrupt file issue.

failing that re-install D3

zafarsaand
05-25-05, 08:24 AM
k downloading again from 3dgamers.com...previously i downloaded from gamespot.com....hope this fix the problem.