PDA

View Full Version : BFG fans rattling when slow

j0j081
05-24-05, 08:12 PM
Ever since cleaning the dust off my BFG 6800 GT twin fans the other day they have been making a rattling sound when running at cool temps. When I lauch a game and they speed up it goes away. It's starting to drive me nuts as I have recently upgraded my case fans to cut down on noise. It's sort of like the noise I complained about a few months back when I first bought the card. Eventually that went away but it was a lot less severe to begin with. Any ideas on how to fix them or is waiting for them to dust over again the only solution lol?

j0j081
05-25-05, 04:48 AM
Actually I guess they do it all the time now. I just wasn't able to hear when playing.

Acid Rain
05-25-05, 12:48 PM
Actually I guess they do it all the time now. I just wasn't able to hear when playing.Sounds like you could use a Zalman VF700cu. My stock fans (dual fan hsf) did that a little bit from day one. They never got worse or caused any problems, but the noise did suck. Needless to say, the Zalman has fixed that issue and dropped temps about 10c at idle and up to 17c load.

lumpyhed
05-25-05, 01:26 PM
I don't know how its built, but if you can get to the back of the fan & and gently peel back the sticker partially and add one singular drop of Duck Oil or WD-40 and then close it up. My NV5 Silencer was starting to get abit noisy so i did that to lub the fan up abit. Can work wonders ;)

test4echo
05-25-05, 04:40 PM
This is what is about to happen to your fans......
Same exact thing happened to me.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50770

Test,

j0j081
05-25-05, 07:50 PM
Hmm I hope that doesn't happen. I'll check them out again a bit later and consider lubing them up lol. There is nothing I could harm by lubing them is there?