PDA

View Full Version : Article from 2000 re: The PS2 dethroning the PC

evilchris
05-26-05, 12:35 AM
http://archives.cnn.com/2000/TECH/computing/02/01/emotion.engine.idg/

This is why it's so hard to not get deja vu with regards to the PS3 "paper launch" at E3.

Another interesting article, source obviously biased as hell but good read:

http://editorials.teamxbox.com/xbox/1136/Sony-and-The-Hype-Machine/p1/

aaahhh52
05-26-05, 12:28 PM
:wonder:

evilchris
05-26-05, 01:03 PM
OMGZ lol!!!!!! rofl111!! what a funny reply! I guess you don't have the intellect to actually comment on the factual articles linkes above.

Acid Rain
05-26-05, 04:05 PM
Yea, total de-javu here. I expect similar results to the last launch, it just might take a little longer this time, at least in the CPU department. From a graphics chip standpoint, I think it'll be surpassed in almost no time, however.

"Ease of use will be a factor, too." Peter Glaskowsky, a senior editor for Microprocessor Report, said Thursday that a "PlayStation 2 will be fundamentally easier to use than a PC."LOL!!! Well, no crap!!! Unless the only thing you do with your PC is hit that power button, of course the console would be easier to use! Glaskowsky's comment just makes me laugh! :p

Toss3
05-26-05, 04:37 PM
http://archives.cnn.com/2000/TECH/computing/02/01/emotion.engine.idg/

This is why it's so hard to not get deja vu with regards to the PS3 "paper launch" at E3.

Another interesting article, source obviously biased as hell but good read:

http://editorials.teamxbox.com/xbox/1136/Sony-and-The-Hype-Machine/p1/
Yeah, I see your point. But back then they didn't have competitors until later. Now when Microsoft has joined the game, sony have to come out with something good! I mean who would buy a ps3 that sucks over an xbox360 that's very good? I mean, the xbox360 even gets a head start! If the ps3 won't live up to it's standards, noone's gonna buy it anyways, so sony will lose a lot of costumers(of course some die hard sony fans will buy the console). So steeda no worries man, everyone has got an opinion of their own right now about which console is the best, but buying one of 'em will eventually be based on real gaming performance and graphics!
I just hope that sony won't let us down... and Microsoft!

aaahhh52
05-26-05, 05:29 PM
OMGZ lol!!!!!! rofl111!! what a funny reply! I guess you don't have the intellect to actually comment on the factual articles linkes above.
Lol, no its not that, we get your point, the exact same point you make in every thread you've made in here so far. Meh maybe i should just stop commenting lol. Hell i dont know if im even going to get either system so yeah >_>

Vagrant Zero
05-26-05, 05:31 PM

What the hell happened to you? You used to be an intelligent poster, hell, every now and then you'd even be funny, now you're just a flaming turd.

brady
05-26-05, 05:43 PM
What the hell happened to you? You used to be an intelligent poster, hell, every now and then you'd even be funny, now you're just a flaming turd. :rofl

evilchris
05-26-05, 07:48 PM
What the hell happened to you? You used to be an intelligent poster, hell, every now and then you'd even be funny, now you're just a flaming turd.

You're never intelligent nor funny, merely a used tampon circling the toilet bowl.

Vagrant Zero
05-26-05, 09:45 PM
You're never intelligent nor funny, merely a used tampon circling the toilet bowl.

I believe you should inform brady of his infraction then.

evilchris
05-26-05, 09:52 PM
Vagrant Zero has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Article from 2000 re: The PS2 dethroning the PC - in the Console Forum forum of nV News Forums.

This thread is located at:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51100&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Please, do not breed. I beg of you. Think of your children. Think how unhappy they will be everyday, having to use the special bus.***************

Actually my kids are both very intelligent and straight "A" students. This forum may have people on it with challenged children. Your comment insults all of them. Learn some manners.

Clay
05-26-05, 09:53 PM
Enough guys, please.

evilchris
05-26-05, 09:53 PM
Sure Clay.

aaahhh52
05-26-05, 10:02 PM
Well that about ends that so.....Come one, come all, into 1984....

Vagrant Zero
05-26-05, 10:06 PM

I have no interest in crawling back into my mother's womb thank you very much.

Clay
05-26-05, 10:06 PM
You're in the vast minority if you'd prefer to read lame BS personal attacks. The overwhelming majority of our members and guests here would prefer to stay on topic and limit the personal bickering. If you think this is Oceania (talk about a melodramatic analogy) then you're free to leave.

Also, I don't think the Party ever said "please" like I did.

Ruined
05-26-05, 10:07 PM
I have no interest in crawling back into my mother's womb thank you very much.

(w/opics)

aaahhh52
05-26-05, 10:12 PM
You're in the vast minority if you'd prefer to read lame BS personal attacks. The overwhelming majority of our members and guests here would prefer to stay on topic and limit the personal bickering. If you think this is Oceania (talk about a melodramatic analogy) then you're free to leave.

Also, I don't think the Party ever said "please" like I did.

err...sorry, i figured this thread was about to be closed thats why i made the comment, it had nothing to do with the personal attacks, i thought the thread was dead. (you have to be an incubus fan to get the 1984 thing) erm, sorry is all i can say i guess

Clay
05-26-05, 10:16 PM
err...sorry, i figured this thread was about to be closed thats why i made the comment (you have to be an incubus fan to get the 1984 thing) erm, sorry is all i can say i guess
No sweat man. I'm sure you can imagine that I'm never quite sure what people are getting at sometimes. I don't mean to come across as a tool but I'm also way past reacting with kid gloves when it seems like people are popping off just to be difficult. I'm sure you weren't now. I'll have to ask my friend, he's more of in incubus fan than I am. :cool:

UPDATE: Heh, I though you were referring directly to the book 1984. I just read the lyrics from Talk Show On Mute so I understand now. :)

aaahhh52
05-26-05, 10:18 PM
No sweat man. I'm sure you can imagine that I'm never quite sure what people are getting at sometimes. I don't mean to come across as a tool but I'm also way past reacting with kid gloves when it seems like people are popping off just to be difficult. I'm sure you weren't now. I'll have to ask my friend, he's more of in incubus fan than I am. :cool:

It's all good I understand :thumbsup:

Clay
05-26-05, 10:19 PM
Cool, check my update. :D

aaahhh52
05-26-05, 10:23 PM
Cool, check my update. :D
Yep their you go :D I'm in a real incubus mood tonight, so i might have to pop off some more quotes if it pertains to the subject lol :angel: