PDA

View Full Version : Help me get my network connectivity back!

Gentle
05-28-05, 06:06 AM
(I'm on a different computer, not the one with the problem.)

My network device in device manager is not functional.

I had a catastrophic Nforce2 motherboard failure and purchased a replacement Nforce2 motherboard.

Original: Epox EP-8RDA+
Replacement: Epox EP-8RDA3 IPRO

When I booted up after swapping motherboards it found new hardware and I thought all was well.

But I had no network connectivity.

I went to device manager and under network controller is a yellow exclamation point and the error that a driver wasn't installed.

I go to install the driver and I get this message..
---

Nvidia Nforce Networking Controller #1

An error occurred during the installation of the device.

The name is already in use as either a service name or a service display name.

---

I remove the hardware from device manager, remove the drivers from add/remove programs and reinstall and the thing repeats but now the above error says...

Nvidia Nforce Networking Controller #2

(repeat same error above)

I try again, and it says the same thing but...

Nvidia Nforce Networking Controller #3

(repeat same erro again)

The thing is, there aren't multiple listings for these things... It's just increasing the number by 1.

I used the installation disc that has Nforce 5.03 drivers.

Anyone know how I can clear this up?

I'm happy the rest of the computer is functional, but unhappy that I have no internet on my main machine (gaming machine).

Basically I need to remove all networking controllers and drivers and start over, but when I do what I think is the correct process, it does not produce the result I thought it would.

Gentle

Gentle
05-28-05, 03:19 PM
Anyone that has any ideas on this please speak up.

Help.

Gentle

Gentle
05-28-05, 04:46 PM
Oh well, my problem has been resolved.

I went to "Add/Remove Programs" and uninstalled the Nvidia Drivers.

After that, I rebooted and it redetected the devices and installed all the necessary drivers off of the install disc.

Gentle

killahsin
05-28-05, 05:10 PM
ive never heard of that, sounds like a funky mobo issue, did u try posting on the mobo manufacturers site?

edit: nm lol u solved it

PSYCHODAD
05-28-05, 06:50 PM
Glad to hear you got it fixed. Had a similar problem some time ago and could'nt figure it out. Finally solved it by reinstalling the OS.