PDA

View Full Version : UnrealEngine 2 games & SLI

SH64
05-28-05, 02:58 PM
First i'd like to thank JimBobb (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=617636&postcount=19) for hinting me on this interesting discovery.
after finding out that Pariah works in SLI only when you change the command "ReduceMouseLag" to False .. i went ahead to check if that has any influence on other UE2.0 based games & looks like it does indeed!
so far i got 2 games using UE2 to work in SLI after changing this command from *.ini file .. it worked like a charm!! :D
first one is Postal 2 .. works in AFR2 & the increase is nealry 80% or something close.
second game is XIII .. works in SFR & AFR2 . with AFR2 you will be able to max out the settings for this game. i played @1600x1200,8xAA,16xAF & it was smooth as butter.
those 2 games & Pariah were not possible to be played in SLI before changing that command as i tested.

changing the command in games (UE2 based) that already SLI enabled wont have any effect . ex. SC:CT.

so i'd like to encourage all SLI users to test thier games that are Unreal Engine powered & see what other titles they can get to work other the ones i mentioned or the ones already SLI enabled. :)

OWA
05-28-05, 03:40 PM
That is certainly an interesting discovery. I wonder why that particular setting would change SLI behavior? It's not something I would have ever thought to try. :)

SH64
05-28-05, 04:38 PM
That is certainly an interesting discovery. I wonder why that particular setting would change SLI behavior? It's not something I would have ever thought to try. :)

Yeah i was surprised to see that just a simple command can make all that difference .. & for those worried that mouse lag might increase in that case rest assured because your framerate will go up & you will hardly notice any mouse lag then.
one of the symptoms i noticed in XIII is when the command & SLI are enabled the framerate in the (2D)menus become very low until you disable the command.