PDA

View Full Version : BFG 6800GT OC Problems

Drebel
05-28-05, 03:00 PM
Well I bought this card last january, and since then no problems, some weeks ago the video dissapeared and the computer reboot itself. Since then the card shows some thin blue lines all over the LCD but just when there is a black background in it, this issue appears in games as well as 2d desktop as well as videos. Now BFG support told me this could be a heat issue or a voltage issue. I opened up the case checked everything out and heat is not the problem since this happens even with the case open and a fan aiming directly at the computer (with card temperatures in the 55c gpu, 43c ambient. Now thinking about the error I decided to switch my LCD from DVI cable over to VGA cable and the issue dissapeared, if I plug the DVI cable it reappears immediately. Now could the DVI port be bad, could the DVI cable itself be bad, or is my LCD's DVI port or the LCD itself going bad?

sonnyboy11
06-02-05, 03:56 AM
Sounds like you have a bad video card. Doesn't BFG have lifetime warranty on all their cards? I already had to replace one of mine. Just call them and get an rma.

TRniTrowood
06-02-05, 07:15 AM
Had same problem..good luck on RMA...I got the RMA...sent card to them and got a different card that was DOA from them....i had a tough time getting any communication going with BFG...Customer Service was poor...I had bought the card from BestBuy so I finally took it back to them and they were good enough to exchange it for me.
New card has worked great so far.
I read in forums somewhere that nvidia had produced and shipped a bad batch of gpu's and they made their way to many card makers...

Gentle
06-02-05, 08:17 AM
I read in forums somewhere that nvidia had produced and shipped a bad batch of gpu's and they made their way to many card makers...

I have not heard this "rumor".

Please post a link to your source of this information.

Gentle